You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thread full of god foresaken wrongness. Even Lucas will read this and be in disbelief.

LFD, you say we should but Lucas some slack, what do you think we have been doing for three years, the pace he has progressed has been poor. He is just not suited to this league as RedKnight says, Spain or Italy would be ideal for him and he would show a lot more than what he can do here. Even my girlfriends mum knows Lucas is not good enough for us, and she is 60 and watches us maybe twice a year.

These last few games from Lucas have been the straw that has broken the camels back for me. Get rid for his own sake next summer.

Again comparing him to one of the best centre midfielders in the world.

I don't see why he's 'shit' for not being in Alonso's class. So would most of Europe.

But hey, maybe that's the new Liverpool Way - 'He's shit'.

why he is shit is simple.

1. can't pass while under any kind of pressure.

2. constantly under pressure as oppo know he's shit when pressured.

3. has no understanding of where players and opposition are around him, hence difficulty in producing even the easiest of passes and his tendancy to give away daft free kicks

4. gives away daft free kicks (no this hasn't stopped despite your claims)

5. can't tackle. in fact tackles like a girl.

6. shooting - is about as good as babel and masch. fucking awful.

7. total lack of tactical awareness. has spent 2 years blaming having to play 10 yards deeper than he did in brazil on his poor form.

8. is slow, which is not the best attribute in our league.

9. is slow to turn, so when people go past him he offers nothing but a hand to grab the shirt.

10. hides. you often see him (in fact just about all the time) taking up positions when our defenders have the ball where they could not possibly offer him a pass.

11. he's just plain fucking shit.

it seems some people seem to think the liverpool way is this "he wears a red shirt therefor i have to convince myself and everybody else he's a good player". Lucas is not a good player, despite the magnificent shirt he is lucky enough to wear. He's not the 1st shit player we've had wear it and unfortunately he won't be the last, but open your fucking eyes and look at him - stop trying to defend the indefensible.

but saying he has been one of our best players is just daft.

Why?

Carragher hasn't started the season well and the defense has conceeded too many goals.

Insua was at fault for the first Botlon goal on the weekend, in my opinion. I don't remember Lucas being at fault for a goal we have conceeded this season... but then again I might be wrong.

Mascherano has been decent, but not on top form. He even got subbed before Lucas on the weekend.

Gerrard, as reported hasn't started the season on top form, even our manager has said so.

Torres has got three goals, but hasn't been on top form... but class is perminant.

Riera, has done nothing really, Babel been poor against Spurs, Kuyt started poorly in my opinion.

I think Lucas has done well and has been one of our better players, behind Johnson and Reina. You might disagree, but I don't see why it is daft.

Benitez has praised Lucas, even calling him our best player in pre season. Now Benitez isn't the type of manager who praises player for the hell of it. Gerrard has said some of the criticism he's got has been OTT.

I think we should start saying why we don't think he's good enough, rather than saying 'he's shit' whenever possible.

But I don't see why the supposedly 'best fans in the world', on a site titled - 'The Liverpool Way' - which should show that we support our players. Give Lucas such a hard time, when he gives his all and I think he performed quite well so far this season.

It sounds like your making excuses for his limited footballing abilities because you feel sorry for him the personal abuse he sometimes gets. I agree we should show support to our players during the game, as negativity directed towards a player inside the ground is counter productive. However, after the match I think its fair to point out his shortcomings (of which there are many) without being criticised for not displaying 'The Liverpool Way'. By your criteria we would not be allowed to have any critical analysis of a player who tried his best. Like I said before, I dont have a problem with the guys attitude but my heart sinks when I see him in the side because I know hes going to offer nothing during the game.

In the long run the Lad will prove he is not good enough for a title winning team, and unfortunately that is the crux of the matter. He might be good (I think he has been good this year) but a good centre midfielder playing week in week out will not win the league, a good right back you can get away with but not a good centre mid.

He played a couple of cracking balls on Saturday that should have led to more, but ultimiately I think he could do with going for his own sake, I am not going to bang on about the 'Liverpool Way', that is a pile of bollocks but the vitriol he gets is pathetic, when you think back to some of the absolute cunts that have had their name sung to the rafters by the best supporters in the land, and yet Lucas gets booed when his name is read out!

I get the impression that Lucas can put in dynamic, impossing displays week in week out and he will still get slagged off, but then again, in all fairnes I can't see him doing that.

Lucas ain't been the best this year, but he ain't been the worst either.

Why?

Carragher hasn't started the season well and the defense has conceeded too many goals.

Insua was at fault for the first Botlon goal on the weekend, in my opinion. I don't remember Lucas being at fault for a goal we have conceeded this season... but then again I might be wrong.

Apart from that own goal he scored. From a free kick he gave away.

why he is shit is simple.

1. can't pass while under any kind of pressure.

2. constantly under pressure as oppo know he's shit when pressured.

3. has no understanding of where players and opposition are around him, hence difficulty in producing even the easiest of passes and his tendancy to give away daft free kicks

4. gives away daft free kicks (no this hasn't stopped despite your claims)

5. can't tackle. in fact tackles like a girl.

6. shooting - is about as good as babel and masch. fucking awful.

7. total lack of tactical awareness. has spent 2 years blaming having to play 10 yards deeper than he did in brazil on his poor form.

8. is slow, which is not the best attribute in our league.

9. is slow to turn, so when people go past him he offers nothing but a hand to grab the shirt.

10. hides. you often see him (in fact just about all the time) taking up positions when our defenders have the ball where they could not possibly offer him a pass.

11. he's just plain fucking shit.

it seems some people seem to think the liverpool way is this "he wears a red shirt therefor i have to convince myself and everybody else he's a good player". Lucas is not a good player, despite the magnificent shirt he is lucky enough to wear. He's not the 1st shit player we've had wear it and unfortunately he won't be the last, but open your fucking eyes and look at him - stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Well at least you are giving examples and reason's unlike other people. That's progress I guess.

He is a good player, he's just no Gerrard or Alonso.