You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Footy Manager 2005.

Wig

I didn't like 06 so I went back to 05 and had a good spell with Nottingham Forest winning a few pots and getting them into the champions league. I've now resigned after 'taking them as far as I could' and am at Ipswich in the championship in 2011.

Which team are you managing?

Luis Garcia is ace if you can get him (or are Liverpool). Play him as AMC, make him the playmaker (Make sure you also tick the use playmaker option in the team instructions bit) and give him full creaticity in the player instructions bit.

If you're managing someone shit like Forest, I had a lot of success out of Dean Ashton, Mark Viduka, Victor Sikora and Robbie Savage.

There is a young player called Fernando Cavenaghi who is Argentinian. Everton signed him and he was shit hot (They still got relegated with him though!). He must be pretty cheap at the start of the game, don't know his club though.

Just started playin it again after a long, long time out. Has anyone got any good tips on young players I can buy? Or good signings for a reasonable fee?

A lot of the youth players have stats generated 'on the fly' for each game. For instance, Francis Smith at Liverpool, in some games he develops into a decent squad player, in others he's sh1te.

I'd recommend FMScout if you don't mind cheating - I used it to find stars of the future for my Basingstoke Town side (now firmly established in the EPL and in Europe thanks to a league Cup win)

As for cheap players who always come good - anthony van den borre, peter madsen & daniel bierofka stand out