You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Knighthood for King Kenny

lancashirelad

Just under three weeks ago, in the expectation that the Hillsborough Independent Panel would bring out the truth about Hillsborough and the 96, and show the efforts Kenny did back in 1989. I started a world side petition for Kenny to receive a knighthood.

I know there have been efforts prior to this but they failed for political or social reasons at the time. The old petition we all signed for MP Steve Rotherham back in 2010 and 2011 (called "number 10") has shut down for financial reasons and a yet another only reached 500+ signatures and expired. Both of them were limited to the UK.

There are only two petitions alive today, one in the UK which can only be signed by UK residents only and this worldwide one, Petition | Recognition for services to Liverpool FC | Change.org which is open to supporters of Kenny worldwide. In the three weeks since I started the petition we have 2,600 signatures at the time of writing, we've had many from Everton and even Manchester United supporters, who found the petition on LFC web sites, facbook sites and twitter.

If you could support this it would be beneficial to Kenny mainly for what he did for the families after the tragedy and since with his wife for charity. His services to football cannot be over looked.

I know some fans have problems today with knighthoods, with the likes of Bettison having one, but I know that justice will prevail and those who bought their privileged knighthoods will eventually have them stripped away and Kenny will be rightly knighted

There is now a dedicated Facebook page for Kenny http://www.facebook.com/king.kenny.33449

Or tweet @mrpeterchadick – think link is on there also.

The only other active site is Knight Kenny Dalglish - e-petitions run by Freddy Maurice, we will meet later this year and combine our resources if possible.

Please sign; I can’t think of anyone I’ve known in my life more deserving of a Knighthood than Kenny.

Liverpools support base is full of pikey cunts. They'd probably want.brent knighted instead.

Cut the shit. Turn your lap top off and go to bed you fucking pleb.

Your already banned for what you've said, so are you purposely trying to be as much of a cunt as possible before the axe falls?

Edit : Dont respond to that, log off now.