You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lowville.

I'm bringing my dog, Kenny. He won't piss on your carpet unless another dog already has, he hasn't had his balls cut off so he doesn't like any fucker claiming anything. It's all his.

Nah,

keep guessing,

I'll give you another 2 shots

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay,here goes

Lickmearseville

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

ye pair of fuckin strap ons!!!

Edited by Durango

Okay,here goes

Lickmearseville

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

ye pair of fuckin strap ons!!!

Was that meant to be a surprise or something? Sorry mate, I'll try harder.

Fucking hell Stumptown he did us up good and proper there. You know, I'm not sure I can ever show my face on TLW again, what with the shame and embarrassment and everything, in fact I might have to ask Dave to deactivate my account and take myself off to an island somewhere to live out my days in solitude.

Better?

Was that meant to be a surprise or something? Sorry mate, I'll try harder.

Fucking hell Stumptown he did us up good and proper there. You know, I'm not sure I can ever show my face on TLW again, what with the shame and embarrassment and everything, in fact I might have to ask Dave to deactivate my account and take myself off to an island somewhere to live out my days in solitude.

Better?

Hahahahahahahaha,

Doncha just love a good loser!!!!

Doncha!!

• 4 weeks later...

Spirit of Shankly is aware of a number of allegations that have been made against the Liverpool Supporters' Union and our associates, Partners Credit Union, by a recently appointed member of the new LFC Supporters Committee. The Liverpool Supporters Union and Partners Credit Union are aware of the current debates being played out in public forums and Partners Credit Union have issued their own statement which can be viewed below. The Liverpool Supporters' Union is currently seeking legal advice on how to proceed in this matter.

At our most recent AGM, SOS members voted to support the establishment of new LFC Supporters Committee and a number of Union members and committee members subsequently submitted applications for consideration by the selection committee. Two members of the SOS Management Committee, together with other members and supporters of the Union, have now been appointed to the Supporters' Committee.

We hope that Liverpool Football Club take appropriate measures to ensure that the Supporters Committee becomes the positive innovation that we want it to be and that there is no compromise through inadvertently providing a platform for individuals promoting personal agendas.

Partners response to Andrew Moran’s statements:

First and foremost, Partners is an independent savings and loan co-operative, run by members for members. We, like all credit unions are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and members savings are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

To become eligible to join, you must belong to our Common Bond (or field of membership) which is currently ‘anyone who lives/works in the Merseyside area.

Partners has established a number of partnerships with different organisations over the years and each is different, depending on the needs/requirements of that organisation and whether or not Partners can assist.

Our aim is to bring the benefits a credit union can offer to as many people as possible and we never get involved in the ‘politics’ or running of any organisation we deal with. We are there to offer a service, if their members/employees want it.

When Partners first met with SOS, it was at the time when there were problems with the clubs owners. Initially SOS wanted a safe place where their members could save for their £500 share in the club as well as access the other benefits Partners could offer. We agreed that we would set up a unique account specifically for SOS members and put restrictions on it i.e. only 1 withdrawal per year allowed. The reason for this was that it wasn’t a normal credit union savings account, it had a specific purpose and by making this restriction, it would encourage members to make the savings and not use it like a normal account.

Some time later, we were aware of the costs of season tickets and the fact that most people bought them on-line with a credit card. As we are all aware, credit cards carry high interest rates, so we introduced a special Season Ticket Loan, for our members through our SOS partnership. The loan has terms and conditions (like all of our products) but the main benefit was, the interest was only 9.5% APR.

In response to Mr. Moran’s statements:

AM - Now we have this Season Ticket Loan, where Spirit of Shankly people constantly contradict the Partners web site, the application form and even their own web site, with how they say it works and how the SOS Share Scheme is connected to it. Graham Smith even denied that they were linked at all – but clearly you have to save for a share in an SOS share in a takeover, to be eligible for the loan.

Partners - Members who join through our partnership with SOS, must first join the credit union and agree to save £2 in their main credit union share account (just like all of our other members), however because of how and why the partnership was set up, they must also agree to open up a SOS Share Account, the purpose of which is to save for a £500 share in line with the Supporter Ownership aims of SOS . They can save as little or as much as they wish in this account. The Season Ticket Loan is only offered to our members who have joined via the SOS Partnership.

In forcing members to save for a loan (with an account that offers no dividend and may incur a fee) it is surely easier for people to just get a loan from their own credit union account based on their own savings, without bothering with the SOS scheme at all.

We do not ‘force’ our members to do anything. They choose to join the credit union either via the SOS partnership or any other method we use and in doing so are made aware of the terms and conditions.

Members can get a loan from their own credit union account and do not have to join via the SOS partnership. However, there are separate terms and conditions for all of our loan products, the main ones specific to this query being the amount of time they have to be a member before becoming eligible for a loan, first loans are limited to £1000 (so if more than one season ticket was purchased they couldn’t get it) and the interest is higher. We negotiated a special interest rate specifically for this loan.

The scheme is designed to get people to save for an SOS Share, as well as save for a season ticket, but has been created with no apparent thought for the saver. Who is going to take out a loan for about £800 for a season ticket, that also commits you to eventually saving up another £500 for something else? It’s crazy!

The scheme was not ‘designed’ for the reasons stated above, as previously mentioned the main reason was so that SOS members had a safe place to save up for their £500 share as well as access the other benefits a credit union could offer. Members can use their normal credit union savings account for anything they wish, which may include saving for a season ticket, but we do not tell them what they must save for (apart from the specific accounts we offer such as Christmas Savings, Holiday Savings and the SOS Share Account). Members do not have to take a loan (although many have!) and their only commitment as SOS members is to save up for their £500 share. It’s also their choice to join and many have.

This is why SOS are trying to tell people that you can use the SOS Share funds for anything, when Partners have been more circumspect, pointing out that you either use it for a share, or for emergencies.

The SOS Share Account does have terms and conditions: You can save as little or as much as you like in it – you are only allowed one withdrawal per calendar year – it may carry a monthly fee in the future and it will not be subject to a dividend. Members are aware of this when they join and again it’s their choice to join. They could if they wanted use their ‘one withdrawal per year’ for their season ticket, again it’s up to them.

It is not a case where they can both be right. Either Graham and SOS is wrong or the Partners website is wrong. Either you can use the money in the share scheme, as Graham and SOS claims, for ‘anything’, or you can use it as Partners says, for the share scheme or for ‘emergencies’.

See above.

I believe that once you start saving with this SOS Share Scheme, you will not find it as easy as Graham and SOS would have you believe in order to access these funds – and once done, you will be stuck with it. You should have read the small print.

See above. Also remember the reason the account was set up in the first place referred to earlier and again it’s their choice to join.

I have reported SOS and Partners to the Financial Services Authority, in order for them to sort out what the actuality of the matter is over the Season Ticket Loan. How SOS is advertising this loan is clearly contrary to what Partners says.

I find it disappointing that Mr. Moran did not have the decency to contact Partners management prior to involving the FSA. He had no issue contacting SOS representatives to get their views, why not Partners? In terms of our regulatory responsibilities, we haven’t done anything wrong and all of our members are aware of what they are signing up to, whatever service they use and are furnished with all the relevant information.

In which case I apologise to Mr Moran, as it is clear that anyone wanting to take out a season ticket loan does have to open an SOS share account.

To say that "nobody is forced" to take out a share account is untrue. One cannot open an SOS account without also opening an SOS share account. The fact is that Graham Smith denied this when I asked him directly on this forum. Despite not being a member, I vociferously backed SOS over the issue. I was wrong to do so.

Partners correctly point out that a person can take out a loan with a normal non-SOS account, and use it to buy a season ticket, but then they don't get the special SOS rate, do they? No, you only get that if you are prepared to save for a share that you may not want.