You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Avram Grant: worst manager in the Premiership?

silverlining

Is this bollock-faced fucking goon the biggest fucking chancer in Premiership history?

He's only ever got jobs because of his contacts, or the fact that he's an Israeli.

Rocks up at Pompey as Technical Director, despite doing fuck all in football apart from managing a few Israeli teams. He does nothing except kiss arse and loom over better, more experienced managers (Redknapp, Mouringho(!)) and then step in after the incumbent decides to fuck off (and who could blame them, what could they learn from HIM?).

Nothing sums up Abramovich's cluelessness more than the appointment of Grant above Mourinho, and then replacing Mourinho as manager with someone like Avram Grant. Who took the most expensively-assembled side in modern history to.....no trophies. And the inevitable sack.

But STILL some lauded him, and claimed it was a bad decision and he deserved better. So he went back to Portsmouth as Director of Football, waited until the manager got sacked again, stepped in, and got them relegated. And left.

To, amazingly, West Ham. Where he has presided over 7 Premiership wins and his team stuck to the very bottom of the table.

Surely now he will have to fuck off back to some footballing backwater in Israel or Russia and we'll finally be rid of him?

He makes Roy Hodgson - doing a FINE job at West Brom, as many thought he would - look like fucking Pep Guardiola.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloke gets paid a fortune for letting his players do his job for him. Whenever he loses his job, he walks straight into another equally well-paid job. Also got a younger, relatively fit wife (considering how he looks) who, when he gets caught at brothels, says that he is stressed and should visit prostitutes more often.

Avram Grant is some sort of genius and I tip my hat to him

Bloke gets paid a fortune for letting his players do his job for him. Whenever he loses his job, he walks straight into another equally well-paid job. Also got a younger, relatively fit wife (considering how he looks) who, when he gets caught at brothels, says that he is stressed and should visit prostitutes more often.

Avram Grant is some sort of genius and I tip my hat to him

I don't doubt that having a face like a kicked-in fridge door has helped mould my opinion of him, but I really hate him.

Was just having the same discussion with my driver instructor (only decent everton fan i know) we werent just saying in the premier league but managers generally. i mean ian dowie, micky adams, aidy boothroyd, peter simpson, these guys get regular links to managerial posts but what have they actually done? i know its off topic but these guys are poor

Was just having the same discussion with my driver instructor (only decent everton fan i know) we werent just saying in the premier league but managers generally. i mean ian dowie, micky adams, aidy boothroyd, peter simpson, these guys get regular links to managerial posts but what have they actually done? i know its off topic but these guys are poor

But none of them ever got to manage Abramovich's Chelsea!

Avram Grant actually managed Chelsea! When they were GOOD.

It's still amazing to me to this day.

But none of them ever got to manage Abramovich's Chelsea!

Avram Grant actually managed Chelsea! When they were GOOD.

It's still amazing to me to this day.

ha i see now, sorry i did go slightly off topic. it is very baffling i think abramovich has more money then brain cells

Re: Warnock. Praying for one of two scenarios

1) FA grow some balls, give a points deduction and Warnock is denied Premier League management by delicious irony of using a 3rd party-owned player

2) QPR's owners sack Warnock and replace him with a foreign manager causing Paddy Barclay to go into melt-down and disappear up his own British arse

1) FA grow some balls, give a points deduction and Warnock is denied Premier League management by delicious irony of using a 3rd party-owned player

2) QPR's owners sack Warnock and replace him with a foreign manager causing Paddy Barclay to go into melt-down and disappear up his own British arse

No need to be shy. Ask for both.

They're both really, really good.

I think the guy at Blackburn is awful. He's so shit I don't know his name and can't be bothered to look it up. Tangerine Phil was also very shit.

Steve Kean. He hasn't really had long enough to be TRULY awful.

Although he has had longer than Les Reed at Charlton, but he's a special case. I loved seeing him being interviewd after games, it was like they'd mistaken the kitman for manager.

And Phil Brown is a towering cunt, but getting fucking HULL into the Premiership, and keeping them up, is quite amazing.

Steve Kean at blackburn makes Fat Sam look like a footballing genius.Mickey Adams is crap at every club he goes to but my own personal favorite(is that the right word) was Howard fucking Wilkinson. How the hell did he manage to win a league title playing long ball ale house tactics and then manage to convince the F.A to make him technical director.

Is this bollock-faced fucking goon the biggest fucking chancer in Premiership history?

He's only ever got jobs because of his contacts, or the fact that he's an Israeli.

Rocks up at Pompey as Technical Director, despite doing fuck all in football apart from managing a few Israeli teams. He does nothing except kiss arse and loom over better, more experienced managers (Redknapp, Mouringho(!)) and then step in after the incumbent decides to fuck off (and who could blame them, what could they learn from HIM?).

Nothing sums up Abramovich's cluelessness more than the appointment of Grant above Mourinho, and then replacing Mourinho as manager with someone like Avram Grant. Who took the most expensively-assembled side in modern history to.....no trophies. And the inevitable sack.

But STILL some lauded him, and claimed it was a bad decision and he deserved better. So he went back to Portsmouth as Director of Football, waited until the manager got sacked again, stepped in, and got them relegated. And left.

To, amazingly, West Ham. Where he has presided over 7 Premiership wins and his team stuck to the very bottom of the table.

Surely now he will have to fuck off back to some footballing backwater in Israel or Russia and we'll finally be rid of him?

He makes Roy Hodgson - doing a FINE job at West Brom, as many thought he would - look like fucking Pep Guardiola.

What does that bit have to do with anything?