You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOS: Ian Ayre ticket questions

SpiritOfShankly

The Spirit of Shankly Management Committee have released the responses received from Liverpool FC Commercial Director Ian Ayre following our recent questions regarding tickets. These questions arose when we asked members to suggest questions for our meeting with Christian Purslow. They can be found here:

Ian Ayre Ticketing Questions – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Is there no such thing as a child ticket, just the adult-child combo's, or am I reading that wrong?

So a 14 year old who wanted to go with his mates would have to buy an adult ticket?

You are right. Obviously the last question was left open. Last year he told us it was down to licensing issues, but surely there can be a way round that.

Is this good or bad?

I quite like Ayre. It's a pity he and Purslow are not here under different circumstances as they're seemingly far more competent than the previous regime. Looking back now, Parry really was a control freak wasn't he.

Think they are competent, but these answers are more like non answers in part and I expect they will annoy some people.

Parry probably was a control freak particularly when you look at how now there is Ayre, Purslow and maybe even Nash who do the work that Parry mainly encompassed. Also Parry had his hand in with the academy which Rafa has taken more control of in his new contract.

Guest ShoePiss

I like how Ayre feels it's perfectly acceptable for a sponsor who has been provided with tickets can then go ahead and tout them to fans of the club.

The Thomas Cook deal is a fucking disgrace, I've kept an eye on those deals and the fluctuation in hotel prices does not warrant the prices they charge, it's ticket touting on a corporate level and the club is more than happy with it.

I like how Ayre feels it's perfectly acceptable for a sponsor who has been provided with tickets can then go ahead and tout them to fans of the club.

The Thomas Cook deal is a fucking disgrace, I've kept an eye on those deals and the fluctuation in hotel prices does not warrant the prices they charge, it's ticket touting on a corporate level and the club is more than happy with it.

That's capitalism for ya. Junk it I say.

He might not feel it's acceptable, but his wallet does.

Guest ShoePiss
Who knows? Big bang, Evolution, Jesus. The possiblites are endless.

Do you even go the match anyway?

Haven't been for a couple of years actually.

Surely you have better things to do than add snidey remarks about unions, the members' possible political leanings and what they'd like to see at the club? Well maybe you don't...

Guest ShoePiss
It's true, it really is him.

Mancky Liver is back to spout his never ending tirade of shite.

Well I'm yet to receive the grey rep with a comment like "your an embarrassment you" so if it's momo he's still at level 1 or 2.

Haven't been for a couple of years actually.

Surely you have better things to do than add snidey remarks about unions, the members' possible political leanings and what they'd like to see at the club?

Not really.

And if you don't go the match anymore this issue doesn't really concern you does it?

The fucking Alcoholic returns... again.

He must have been sitting in his piss stained chair in his filthy one bedroom flat just waiting to return. He decided now was the time and toddled off to the local library to steal their Internet and drink his 59p bottles of Cider on the sly.

I wonder how long it will be before he is lying about having disabled kids, using his questionable Liver problems as an excuse why he cant go the match, offers someone out at Otterspool or makes a complete twat of himself once again.

What a bell-end.

Guest ShoePiss
Not really.

And if you don't go the match anymore this issue doesn't really concern you does it?

I haven't said I won't go in the future, besides it's entirely up to me whether I take interest in this topic or not.

The fucking Alcoholic returns... again.

He must have been sitting in his piss stained chair in his filthy one bedroom flat just waiting to return. He decided now was the time and toddled off to the local library to steal their Internet and drink his 59p bottles of Cider on the sly.

I wonder how long it will be before he is lying about having disabled kids, using his questionable Liver problems as an excuse why he cant go the match, offers someone out at Otterspool or makes a complete twat of himself once again.

What a bell-end.

Ian Ayre?