You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thai Bid could be off

Truered

I couldn't give a shit about this anymore. Fed up with all the speculation. One minute it's on, the next it's off. Thaskin sounds like a cock anyway.

I'll be happy if someone does come in with a lot of money for the club, but I'm more happy that Benitez is on his way, Heskey and Traore are out, and we look like we're going forwards again.

Thai money for Thai people.

IMO it's never been real. I discuss this with my friends and we believe the P.M. was just using this to gain back some popularity as well as to distract the public attention from several problems faced by his cabinet.

However, what's on the paper today is that he (the P.M.) still wanted to go ahead with the plan. But he would think about some other ways to raise funds.

For the question of why he needs to raise funds when he is a billionnaire? He said he wanted to involve Thai people so that they can get connected to the club they love.

"For the question of why he needs to raise funds when he is a billionnaire? He said he wanted to involve Thai people so that they can get connected to the club they love."

But, if he dips his hand in his own pocket, surely that will impress the Thai people who love LFC, and thus re-elect him?

Not fair, not fair. It can't be called off until after Thaskin has come out juggling a ball on the first day of the season at Anfield...........................

It'd almost be worth the deal going through to see that.

Michael Knighton ruled though.

From the article:

Mr Thaksin's spokesman yesterday indicated that, in the absence of a national lottery, the Prime Minister could use his own fortune.

However, under the Thai constitution, politicians are not allowed to conduct private business while in office.