You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Liverpool Way Podcast (Aug 14 2013)

TLW

podcast_460.jpg

Your host 'Numbers' is joined by TLW Editor Dave Usher and long time fanzine writer Paul Natton in a feature length episode of the show to discuss the recent transfer activity (or lack of), the Suarez saga and to preview the opening day clash against Stoke City. Listen now either on the embedded player below, or by visiting our podcast page here.

You can also subscribe through itunes and have any new podcast automatically delivered to your computer. Clicking the link above will download the latest episode straight into your iTunes, and will subscribe you to any future episodes.

Those of you wanting to listen on your phone, try this link as it should work on most smartphones.

To listen in this window, simply click the play button in the box below. To listen in a new tab, click here.

Regarding the attendance for the Vålerenga game, it was very low because of the reprehensible ticket prices. Norwegians may be well off at the moment unlike the rest of Europe but paying fees some of twice the cost of a ticket at Anfield to see a friendly is just not gonna happen. The same happened when they met Barcelona on July 27th, although there were a few thousand more tickets sold.

Regarding the attendance for the Vålerenga game, it was very low because of the reprehensible ticket prices. Norwegians may be well off at the moment unlike the rest of Europe but paying fees some of twice the cost of a ticket at Anfield to see a friendly is just not gonna happen. The same happened when they met Barcelona on July 27th, although there were a few thousand more tickets sold.

Twice the cost of Anfield? Ridiculous that, especially as so many Norwegians come over for home games anyway, you're just not going to pay that kind of money to watch a friendly when you're used to the real thing.

Maybe that will fly in Australia and Malaysia, but no way are the Norwegians going to have that. Out of curiosity, what were the prices for the Dublin game?

Loved the fact that you didn't bother to edit the awkward silence and Daves hint to Paul to start talking when Numbers asked a question about Aspas

I tweeted about the exact same thing. Glad it wasn't just me that enjoyed that, or else I was worrying that I was starting to turn into some sort of super-fan! :-)

Twice the cost of Anfield? Ridiculous that, especially as so many Norwegians come over for home games anyway, you're just not going to pay that kind of money to watch a friendly when you're used to the real thing.

I went two years ago because my mate had won two tickets from some betting site.

No way I was going to bother with 6-7 hours each way in the car or £150 flight tickets and on top of that pay between £75-80 for a ticket to watch our reserves in between the Olympiacos and Celtic game when I'm over for Stoke and the mancs a couple of weeks later.

Usually the matches in Norway have been the same week as Norway Cup as well, when there are thousands of youth footballers alongside a lot of parents in the city to help increase the attendence.

This time around it was the week after.

Deffo Numbers - he was talking to Dave and asked what sounded like a follow up question without mentioning my name (the signal to switch speaker). So I was right, Numbers was wrong and Usher badly tried to blame me. I think we can all agree that only one of us emerged from the, what I like to call, "minute 7 debacle" with their dignity intact.