You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salif Alassane Diao, What do you think of what he is doing?

mcflynn

Ok this may come as a bit of a shock/surprise to some of you and may well disappoint/anger some of you. I understand that some of you were under the mistaken impression that he has left the club. I have to inform you that Mr. Diao is still very much a Red and on our books with his hefty weekly paycheck.

It seems that the we had agreed a transfer fee with a club in Spain, but Diao's wage demands scuppered the deal. And so he remains with us!

What do you think of what he is doing? Lose respect for him coz he's choosing money over playing regular football?

I can sort of understand where he is coming from. Consider the following scenario:

You are a crap footballer. However you manage to convince your national coach that you may be of some use. Or maybe you were the least crap player he could choose.

Anyway you go to the World Cup and have one good game scoring a fantastic goal.

Then a senile Frenchman decides you could be the midfield maestro he's been looking for and splashes out silly money to buy you after the world cup and offers you silly wages on a silly contract.

You join the new club wanting to prove yourself, but get found out quickly. You don't play much football, but are not too bothered as the pay is good. When the manager changes to Senor Benitez, he wants to sell you.

Now do you take a massive pay cut and leave the club for regular football or do you stay and run out your contract enjoying life in Merseyside?

You see if i was him, i'd stay and pick up the huge paycheck. I'd also get to watch Liverpool play every week! Train and play some reserve footy games. Not too bad isn't it?

Afterall think about it, Mr Diao is like 28/29 years old. He's not exactly gonna resurrect his career now is he. He leaves and its all downhill for him. He's done the ultimate con in getting this contract in the first place. So now he is doing all he can t milk it! Sad to say, i think Salif is here to stay for a little while longer.

Then a senile Frenchman decides you could be the midfield maestro he's been looking for and splashes out silly money to buy you after the world cup and offers you silly wages on a silly contract.

I think the deal was done BEFORE the World Cup...

Guest TURNBULL ACs

Just shows what a complete bunch of Tossers Foolier and Parry are . Who the fuck would put an unknown African on that type of Money and for that long . Pair of them should pay up out of their own money for mistakes they've made .

Guest TURNBULL ACs
What is the relevance of his nationality to all of this? :dunno:

I'm not being racist as you imply ,just that who had ever heard of him ? To give him that big a contract for so long was just downright fucking stupid , as we're now finding out . As far as I'm concerned the "man" is a leach and should be booted out the club.

also I'm definately not a Bitter bluenose just a longtime reader of the Website and now i've decided to partake . Hope thats all right with you lot?

I'm not being racist as you imply

Is that what I was implying? I thought I just asked a question. Sounds like a guilty conscience to me... ;)

Look man, you're right, giving him such a long and lucrative contract was, in hindsight, insane, but we can't turn the clock back 4 years and undo it. Look forward, not back - this football club has a great future.

to be honest, i dont think hes a bluenose....just a new forumite, just a bit inexperienced!

on the subject of the blueshite...did anyone happen to see soccer am this morning?the "stranger on the sofa" was an everton fan and was wearing a bluekipper shirt...fat bastard so he was!

what /who the fat fuck was that hanging off the edge of the sofa,he said he was from huyton,youd get a weekly twatting looking like that in twodogs,for fuck sake