You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

whitewash{bad day}

lfcfortheleague

I don't remember this incident but had a look at the links. I can't see the family's version of what they beleive happened anywhere? We are told its a cover up. But I am puzzled by it all.

Simon looked like a good guy but what on earth went on that morning? why did he behave like that? is this mental health stuff or drugs? or what?

From the links I could find he had driven his van the wrong way down a dual carriageway hitting several cars, got out with one (or more?) swords. One of the eye witnesses quoted said he was trying to get into a tanker (an oil tanker i presume he means?). He is described as behaving unpredictably.

Police fired baton rounds but he still did not stop and came towards them / public armed with a sword - police then shot with live bullet and he died.

Absolute tragic. But IF that is what happened why is it a police cover up?

No prosectuon as CPS do not believe realistic prospect of conviction as officers rely on self defence and if they had an honest beleif that imminent danger to life then shooting him is legitimate use of reasonable force.

Its interesting that in the Norris Green thread above everyone berates the police for doing nothing about armed thugs on an estate with guns. Who would be an armed police officer faced with these life or death decisions eh? damned if they do damned if they don't.