You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

JMARKH

Serious question, and this what tickles me about this whole money shit.

People claim we need money to win the league, so if we get more money then win the league, are we better or worse than Chelsea or City?

Also, something I have understood recently, why should success only be limited to a select few?

Serious question, and this what tickles me about this whole money shit.

People claim we need money to win the league, so if we get more money then win the league, are we better or worse than Chelsea or City?

Also, something I have understood recently, why should success only be limited to a select few?

It's a fair question.

I've always said that I'd like us to be able to compete for that second tier of player when he is available. I don't think I'd like to see us bidding £80m for Ronaldo, or Messi, or Torres in Citys case in the summer. But I'd like us to be able to bid for Villa or Aguero and have a real chance of getting. Whether we like it or not, we wont be winning any titles until we can bid and get that level of player.

As for success only limited to a few. If Wolves stay up this year then they will party like they've won the league. Success has many different faces. If Villa get 4th their fans will be out in the street celebrating. It's not all league titles and European Cups. As we'll find out in the coming years when we're a regular mid table team without a pot to piss in.

It's a fair question.

Success has many different faces. If Villa get 4th their fans will be out in the street celebrating. It's not all league titles and European Cups. As we'll find out in the coming years when we're a regular mid table team without a pot to piss in.

Aye and if Villa did finish fourth their fans would instantly expect to be challenging for the title the following season. Seriously fans expectations do not have any bearing whatsoever on reality

What a pointless waste of bandwidth. They were after Kaka last year, does that make Milan any less of a big club? They won the lottery and are spending it, like we would, but they'll never have our history and tradition. I personally think it's good that there's been a shake up of the status quo, maybe it will light a fire under our arses.