1. How boss are last minute winners at Anfield in Europe? Bobby The One-Eyed Pirate plundering the winner too. Is right.
2. That would have been a total rip off if we’d come away with fewer than all the points because we dominated them. They just could not cope with our aggression or intensity. Whether it was Cavani absolutely shitting himself in a fifty fifty with Hendo, Neymar getting smashed by Milner early on or every player in a Red shirt covering every blade of grass - twice! - it was clear they just couldn’t get near us.
3. The midfield was sensational once more. James Milner. Again. What a player. He’s just ridiculously good. And Gini once more clever in his movement and use of the ball. However, let’s give the skipper some because Henderson was brilliant. If you’re one of these internet gobshites who constantly slags the lad and you did so tonight after that performance then I can’t help you, sorry. You’re too stupid to support Liverpool. That was a master class in dominating an opponent tonight and Hendo was at its heart.
4. The pace of our back line was important tonight as we mostly kept their threat tamed. What struck me more than the speed in our defence though was their exponential progress. It’s borderline weird how good we are at the back right now. When are these lads going to stop getting better? In theory it must happen at some point, but I can’t see when because they just go from strength to strength.
5. Seeing Sturridge back and scoring a big goal was both a surprise and a pleasure. Clearly he’s no Bobby, but I heard a few people around me surprised at his quick feet, clever movement and ball retention. I’m not sure who they were watching a few seasons back when he was ripping the league a new one, but at least he’s getting the credit now. I’m not holding my breath for sustained fitness, but that doesn’t detract from my joy at seeing him score because he’s boss. Long may his fitness be retained.
6. Negatives? Mo’s sloppy passing, some poor luck with decisions and, er, that’s it.
7. Nice to see Fabinho get his debut. Was it the full minute in the end? Shaqiri looked very hungry when he came on and I'm convinced all three will be vital squad members this season.
8. Their players? Neymar was poor relative to his reputation and Mbappé was well shackled by Robbo. I thought Thiago Silva looked sublime though. One moment in the first half showed incredible reading of the game and lightening pace as he tracked Mané’s diagonal run to snuff out his threat. He’s a real footballer, him.
9. I was going to praise their fans for their constant noise because no matter what the setback, they kept bouncing. But then I realised right at the end of the first half as The Kop quietened enough for me to actually hear them that they had a drummer with them! All that money and their fans just want to be Stoke. *Shakes head*
10. I said it after the Spurs game and I’ll say it again now, we have got a really serious team on our hands now. They are hungry, aggressive, fast, skilful and obdurate and in my view there are no limits to what they can achieve under this manager. Six wins from six and the promise of much more to come. Come on you Reds!!!