You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

19 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Thank you, Vlad. Very much so mate. Off the scale.

The average improvement level is known, proven, many many people have had the drugs and the results have absolutely wowed doctors, patients and academics alike. Of course some benefit more than others for a whole range of complex reasons. But yes, the drugs I was given in January were handed over with the description "life-saving". The ones above, I was told if they can get them to me in the coming years would be "life-changing".

I was preparing myself it to be another 5-10 years tbh, after the Covid hit to the economy. Bolt from the blue.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope your quality of life improves quickly and lasts as long as you want it to. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I knew you had some health problems mate but nothing specific. Hopefully this treatment helps you massively as it sounds from some other posts that you've been through the ringer so to speak.

Cheers pal. Ah, we’ve all got our crosses to bear mate. Just looking forward to getting the carriage clock for 43 years service and doing something a bit different for a while to be honest!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mattyq said:

That's the cystic fibrosis sorted... what about the bad Aids?

Cracking news!

There is neither prosthetic nor analgesic for the bad Aids, I must simply carry that until I fuck everyone on earth to death or die trying.

Cheers Matty. Truly overwhelmed. Hope to have a beer with you soon-ish mate.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Milk said:

There is neither prosthetic nor analgesic for the bad Aids, I must simply carry that until I fuck everyone on earth to death or die trying.

Cheers Matty. Truly overwhelmed. Hope to have a beer with you soon-ish mate.

Nice one

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Great news. Not only will this help sufferers with the physical side of things but also be a massive boost to the mental strain caused by a progressive disease. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took a call off my clinical team yesterday, saying there’s a new national board being set-up with a view to improving patient outcomes/experiences in terms of interactions with their clinical teams/inpatient care. Will include/feed back to clinical directors, NHS executives, senior medical staff, etc, so they want regional patient representatives.

Asked me if I’d consider being the patient rep for my region, providing observations via Zoom/physical meetings to the above people on what changes should be made to improve the lot of patients accessing these services. What works well, what is terrible, etc. They’ve said they want brutal honesty, so should be fun finding out how much that’s genuinely the case (constructively and in good faith). They said it’s a fairly low commitment in terms of monthly hours, but you will be compensated for your time and expertise.

Completely out of the blue, never even heard of it much less spoke to anyone about it. Was literally sat about on Monday scratching my head about finding another voluntary role supporting people managing serious illness as I’m rusting atm, but as if one will just drop out of the sky into my lap, then this appeared in exactly that manner inside 48 hours. 2020 is fucking mental. About 5 years worth of content packed into 6 and a bit months, so far.

Apparently it came up to my team and they unanimously put my name forward out of x hundred patients. Fucking made up...subject massively close to my heart and an area I’ve wanted to get involved in and have some input to for time.

Just have to work out how to embezzle a large quantity of both the NHS budget and all their Pethidine stocks, before overblowing and leveraging the true nature of the role to get scores of nurses into bed like a wheezing grifter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

• 1 month later...

Woke up about two weeks ago with a sore side. I’d say it feels like a broken rib but I don’t know what a broken rib feels like and I’m pretty sure nobody twatted me while I was asleep. 

I’ve Google diagnosed myself with a muscle strain but I haven’t had much time to rest and it’s only getting worse. Even just taking a deep breath hurts like fuck. It’s affecting my sleep too. Starting to wonder if it’s a muscle tear instead of a strain. I don’t know. 

I had gastro about 10 days ago, shitting through the eye of a needle for 48 hours, just torrential discharge.

Sorted by the weekend, then last Wednesday/ Thursday started getting severe neck pain, put it down to poor posture WFH. Saturday some weird headaches on my scalp rather than in my head, along with a rash of sore spots on The back of my neck. Still got out on my bike for 30 odd km, felt shite all day Sunday. Got up and went for 6km walk Monday (only alllowed an hours exercise outdoors), listening to a podcast about the plague.

strikes me these spots may not be acne - a which would be weird at my age. Turns out I’ve got fucking shingles.

in the hozzy for an overnighter, itchy as sin with some bizarre fucking nerve pains, rash spreading, and they doesn’t know have anywhere to put me as isolation is all Covid. So I’m in a negative pressure room in ED tonight, and getting moved to a private hospital in the morning.

and I now have to have my 4th Covid test, as the private won’t accept me without one.

Im A moaning bastard but the care I’ve received has been boss.

only yesterday I was arguing with My brother, who was acting the gobshite over Covid and saying it’s all bollocks, not as bad as they paint it. ED’s can handle the workload due to the low incidence of Covid patients here, it’s still not ideal, but it’s better than it could be letting shit run wild.

4 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

I had gastro about 10 days ago, shitting through the eye of a needle for 48 hours, just torrential discharge.

Sorted by the weekend, then last Wednesday/ Thursday started getting severe neck pain, put it down to poor posture WFH. Saturday some weird headaches on my scalp rather than in my head, along with a rash of sore spots on The back of my neck. Still got out on my bike for 30 odd km, felt shite all day Sunday. Got up and went for 6km walk Monday (only alllowed an hours exercise outdoors), listening to a podcast about the plague.

strikes me these spots may not be acne - a which would be weird at my age. Turns out I’ve got fucking shingles.

in the hozzy for an overnighter, itchy as sin with some bizarre fucking nerve pains, rash spreading, and they doesn’t know have anywhere to put me as isolation is all Covid. So I’m in a negative pressure room in ED tonight, and getting moved to a private hospital in the morning.

and I now have to have my 4th Covid test, as the private won’t accept me without one.

only yesterday I was arguing with My brother, who was acting the gobshite over Covid and saying it’s all bollocks, not as bad as they paint it. ED’s can handle the workload due to the low incidence of Covid patients here, it’s still not ideal, but it’s better than it could be letting shit run wild.

Yeah, but my side hurts. 

• Upvote 3

On 09/07/2020 at 19:24, Dr Nowt said:

Took a call off my clinical team yesterday, saying there’s a new national board being set-up with a view to improving patient outcomes/experiences in terms of interactions with their clinical teams/inpatient care. Will include/feed back to clinical directors, NHS executives, senior medical staff, etc, so they want regional patient representatives.

Asked me if I’d consider being the patient rep for my region, providing observations via Zoom/physical meetings to the above people on what changes should be made to improve the lot of patients accessing these services. What works well, what is terrible, etc. They’ve said they want brutal honesty, so should be fun finding out how much that’s genuinely the case (constructively and in good faith). They said it’s a fairly low commitment in terms of monthly hours, but you will be compensated for your time and expertise.

Completely out of the blue, never even heard of it much less spoke to anyone about it. Was literally sat about on Monday scratching my head about finding another voluntary role supporting people managing serious illness as I’m rusting atm, but as if one will just drop out of the sky into my lap, then this appeared in exactly that manner inside 48 hours. 2020 is fucking mental. About 5 years worth of content packed into 6 and a bit months, so far.

Apparently it came up to my team and they unanimously put my name forward out of x hundred patients. Fucking made up...subject massively close to my heart and an area I’ve wanted to get involved in and have some input to for time.

Just have to work out how to embezzle a large quantity of both the NHS budget and all their Pethidine stocks, before overblowing and leveraging the true nature of the role to get scores of nurses into bed like a wheezing grifter.

Nice work Nowt, can I have any targen or endone you score?

3 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

I had mild shingles a couple of years ago. Got a week off work. Kept falling asleep in the afternoon, was exhausted. Fine one minute, fatigued the next. In hindsight, should have took two weeks off was still knackered the week after. 

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

You can have that and any Pethidine mate. I’m allergic to opioids.

Killer man, I’m still waiting to get something decent here. For some reason, I keep lowering my pain level when they ask. I’ve barely slept and my left hand side is pulsing like I’ve been stung on the top of my head down. Fuck Panadol, I want something woozy.

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I had mild shingles a couple of years ago. Got a week off work. Kept falling asleep in the afternoon, was exhausted. Fine one minute, fatigued the next. In hindsight, should have took two weeks off was still knackered the week after. 

I’m a consultant no work, no pay, but can take off what I need to.

due to my immunity being fucked, I don’t really do mild, didn’t really before transplant ok to be fair. If I get something, it tends to have a proper good fucking crack at me.

4 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Killer man, I’m still waiting to get something decent here. For some reason, I keep lowering my pain level when they ask. I’ve barely slept and my left hand side is pulsing like I’ve been stung on the top of my head down. Fuck Panadol, I want something woozy.

Pure male stubbornness and misplaced stoicism mate, is the old not giving doctors a proper account of your own pain. Had major abdominal problems a few years back, two weeks inpatient care bed-bound and nearly life-changing surgery in the worst pain of my life. Kept telling them it was 5/6 out of 10 level until scans revealed the severity. Bone-headed idiocy.

They ended up telling me they’ve had female patients saying the same issue was more painful than being in labour, and grown men howling on the floor in pain with it, so why was I not properly expressing how bad it was to them. I could only weakly offer “Because I’m a bit of a twat?” I had to just have fucking IV paracetamol due to the above allergy as well. No sleep for days.

Good luck with this hopefully fucking off soon man, utterly draining being in that sort of pain.

• Upvote 1

My fuckng knee has exploded. I can barely walk and sleep has been non existent. Have decided to get badly pissed and see whay happens.

The pain is much better but I can't speak so well or function ;ile a normal human being

Swings & roundabouts