You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cider.

lifetime fan

I've got a bottle of Henry Westons Vintage Reserve 8.2% bad boy in my fridge, waiting for a special occasion

This stuff goes down like juice. Almost wish I never discovered it because now it's my go-to drink when I wanna get mashed.

Work night out tonight and I've got 8 in the fridge. Must resist the temptation to crack one open too early. Me and my mate got a flyer last week, had 4 each and decided hitting town was a good idea. Not sure how much was consumed after that but I do remember the next day whenever I moved I thought I was going to throw up. 

Guest Pistonbroke

image.jpg

I bought 3 24 can slabs of that for my 50th birthday bash the other week to go with the beer, vodka Jim beam etc. Everyone started drinking it the cunts, was gone in no time. I was even telling all the Germans and Russians it tasted shit to try and put them off so us brits had more of it to drink. 

I bought 3 24 can slabs of that for my 50th birthday bash the other week to go with the beer, vodka Jim beam etc. Everyone started drinking it the cunts, was gone in no time. I was even telling all the Germans and Russians it tasted shit to try and put them off so us brits had more of it to drink.

Never, ever try and keep with a Russian. You could have ten flats of the stuff and they'd quaff it all.

Where you think I got that slab from?

I guess I'm the tit that was looking for an actual slab in that photo. I thought you meant the worktop and wondered why on earth you were referring to it but you were on about a 'case', and even Pistonbroke refers to cases as slabs! First it was 'dabs' and now it's 'slabs'. Do you west country folk use any other slang/alternative words that end in 'abs'?

Guest Pistonbroke

I guess I'm the tit that was looking for an actual slab in that photo. I thought you meant the worktop and wondered why on earth you were referring to it but you were on about a 'case', and even Pistonbroke refers to cases as slabs! First it was 'dabs' and now it's 'slabs'. Do you west country folk use any other slang/alternative words that end in 'abs'?

I've always called it a slab, think it was something I picked up from my Army days. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Never, ever try and keep with a Russian. You could have ten flats of the stuff and they'd quaff it all.

They quaffed all my Vodka absolute as well!!! I got given a shit load of Whiskey/Bourbon specials as presents, so I have enough alcohol to last for a while. I wished the German shops sold decent Cider, I have to order it on-line from the English shop in Köln and it costs me an arm and a leg. 

Daps.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...