You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cider.

lifetime fan

Natch? are you a tramp?

I used to quite like an Old Rosie or a Thatcher's booster for a first pint and to get me started on a Friday when I lived down in the Westcountry.

But a treat was a trip to Sheepy's for a flaggan or two,

Sheppy's traditional Somerset farmhouse cider from Taunton

Natch is an eye opener or fuel on the coach to a certain sporting event. Not a 'real' cider I agree, but great still the same.

Old Rosie is a lovely pint, where in the south west were you mate?

Natch is an eye opener or fuel on the coach to a certain sporting event. Not a 'real' cider I agree, but great still the same.

Old Rosie is a lovely pint, where in the south west were you mate?

Exeter and Tiverton.

But also used to do the odd night out in Taunton (the Winch especially) for a good Cider experience.

Used to spend all my summers 20 minutes from Tiverton.

Yeatheridge, you know it?

I don't mate no. I know the geography quite well as I worked as a Town Planner for Mid Devon.

Having just googled it, if its Yeatheridge Farm caravan park? Then its in my old patch and I was one of the Officers for that area by the looks of it. I've been to all the local towns and villages around that farm, but not that farm itself.

The area is a funny one, cos it'd quite beautiful one minute and probably National Park standard, then sparse rough agricultural the next. I loved it down there though. I was just a bit too young and needed a bit more life. Wrong time of life and all that.

Edit: Actually looking at it, it may sneak in North Devon's patch, but I certainly know most of the stuff to the east and immediate south and west

I don't mate no. I know the geography quite well as I worked as a Town Planner for Mid Devon.

Having just googled it, if its Yeatheridge Farm caravan park? Then its in my old patch and I was one of the Officers for that area by the looks of it. I've been to all the local towns and villages around that farm, but not that farm itself.

The area is a funny one, cos it'd quite beautiful one minute and probably National Park standard, then sparse rough agricultural the next. I loved it down there though. I was just a bit too young and needed a bit more life. Wrong time of life and all that.

Edit:.actually looking at it, it may sneak in North Devon's patch, but I certainly know most of the stuff to the east and immediate south and west

Yep.

You must know Witheridge, Nomansland etc.

Fucking small world.

I loved it down there and desperately want to move down that way.

We're back down to Okehampton in 3 weeks.

Yeah my best mates Dad had a farm out Templeton, so used to go Nomansland/Witheridge a bit. Also that was defo in my patch.

Can't for the life of me remember the name of the pub in Nomansland now, used to do boss food.

Had to Google it, The Mount Pleasant. Good days.

The young farmers do's down there were legandary.

I once had to stop a copper getting a blowie so he could phone an ambulance for some guy out of his tits on pills and pissed.

The Mount Pleasant did a cracking all day breakfast, many a time we'd stop there on the way.

Yeah my best mates Dad had a farm out Templeton, so used to go Nomansland/Witheridge a bit. Also that was defo in my patch.

Can't for the life of me remember the name of the pub in Nomansland now, used to do boss food.

Had to Google it, The Mount Pleasant. Good days.

Screw me Julie used to drink in the Mount Pleasant.

She did the livery at the caravan park and I nailed here in the digger of a JCB.

Proper punching above my weight!

And anyone that mentions that Stella Cidre, Magners, Bulmers or any of this look at me shit that they still put ice in regardless of tempreture will get negged to death.

The Thatchers Gold is divine on tap. Only found it once on tap round these parts and it was only a quickie.

Aspinalls is also another nice tipple.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And anyone that mentions that Stella Cidre, Magners, Bulmers or any of this look at me shit that they still put ice in regardless of tempreture will get negged to death.

The Thatchers Gold is divine on tap. Only found it once on tap round these parts and it was only a quickie.

Aspinalls is also another nice tipple.

Where are you mate?

Was up for the Oldham game and the closest to cider I could get was Strongbow.

Where are you mate?

Was up for the Oldham game and the closest to cider I could get was Strongbow.

Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire. The Thatchers I found on tap was down in High Wycombe when I was at a customer meeting a few months back. Just stopped into have a piss and saw the little beauty and couldnt resist.

Strongbow is pretty much what you will get round here on tap although a few pubs have started an alternative to the Strongbow and Bulmers trend, like an Old English or something along those lines.

I stopped drinking lager about 4 years ago and only drink cider now. I would prefer a shitty bottle of Morrisons own Cider to a can of Carling now. Larger just tastes, well pretty poo.

Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire. The Thatchers I found on tap was down in High Wycombe when I was at a customer meeting a few months back. Just stopped into have a piss and saw the little beauty and couldnt resist.

Strongbow is pretty much what you will get round here on tap although a few pubs have started an alternative to the Strongbow and Bulmers trend, like an Old English or something along those lines.

I stopped drinking lager about 4 years ago and only drink cider now. I would prefer a shitty bottle of Morrisons own Cider to a can of Carling now. Larger just tastes, well pretty poo.

Far be it from em to suggest that the wonderful world of Lager stretches beyond a can of Carling FG, I don't mind cider in moderation but I'd rather have a bitter, like a spitfire or something as an alternative.