You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shop lifter dilemma

Anny Road

This is going to be a difficult thread

We had a visit today from our only black family that live in our wee village.

The mum has been coming into the shop for a while but today she came in with her daughter who I have seen a few times.. They spent about 50p but while they were in another customer came to me and told me she had seen the daughter put something in her bag.

I let them leave and after they had left I was told by the rest of the customers that the mother was distracting me while the daughter nicked a load of sweeties.

I've since been told that this lot have nicked from every shop in the surrounding area but I am at a loss at how to deal with this. It is a tiny town and if I get into a shit storm It will be known by everyone.

I'm not going to call the police and if it was a bloke I would probably front them, but when the mother comes in next week do a kick her out because of the actions of her daughter.

Most of all I am disappointed that the only black family are living up to the white perceived stereotype.

Next time there in, let yourself be distracted, then when they go to leave, stop the kid and go through the pockets. If you find nothing, then just say it was based on the last time when she was seen stealing shite and she wont come back again. If you do find something then it's a result.

Either way, just be happy they are not Dutch. Them's the shifty ones.

Next time there in, let yourself be distracted, then when they go to leave, stop the kid and go through the pockets. If you find nothing, then just say it was based on the last time when she was seen stealing shite and she wont come back again. If you do find something then it's a result.

Either way, just be happy they are not Dutch. Them's the shifty ones.

The daughter is not a kid. She is 20 odd. With fine tits, but that is besides the issue but still worth pointing out.

Do you not have CCTV?

I always thought crime didn't pay, but I suppose it does if you find a shopkeeper who's soft enough in the head to overlook it.

Nice to know that the libs dems think that if you aint got CCTV you deserve it.

I could extrapolate, but why bother it's not very liberal. Your transformation to ultra tory is complete.

What difference does the colour of their skin matter ? If they are stealing from you it needs nipping in the bud. No brainer really if word gets around your a soft touch you will soon be out of business.

The colour of the skin does matter mate because noone else has ever nicked from me and we have gone out of our way to make this family feel welcome in the village. I do not want to be labelled a racist.

The colour of the skin does matter mate because noone else has ever nicked from me and we have gone out of our way to make this family feel welcome in the village.

All the more reason to out them if they are stealing from you, chances are they are doing all over the place.

Still not sure why skin colour matters, maybe next time if you watch what the daughters hands are doing instead of staring at her tits you won't get ripped off.

Sound more like your in the dark ages rather than a wee shop, if you don't mind me saying.

<<Don't dare tell me how to do my job.>>

Well to be fair, you have started this thread by saying you are at a loss to know how to deal with the situation.

It's small scale pilferage and the police simply won't even consider looking at it so you can either deal with the situation yourself or accept the small losses these customers will cause you.

If, of course, they are actually stealing from you, which I don't think you've established definitively yet. Keep a very close eye on them in future and ban them if you catch them in flagrante delicto.

I'm with SD on this, you are being soft. Get 'em fronted and then ban them or call the police.

I agree with this. I will right off what they nicked but next time they come in I will invite them to leave before I phone the police. One thing you have to understand that where we live there are no black people, there are Indians and Chinese in their relative restaurants but this is only this one family of black folks. For them to be nicking from shops is fucking unreal. It is not like they stand out or have a reputation for criminal activity. I think they are thick.

<<Don't dare tell me how to do my job.>>

Well to be fair, you have started this thread by saying you are at a loss to know how to deal with the situation.

It's small scale pilferage and the police simply won't even consider looking at it so you can either deal with the situation yourself or accept the small losses these customers will cause you.

If, of course, they are actually stealing from you, which I don't think you've established definitively yet. Keep a very close eye on them in future and ban them if you catch them in flagrante delicto.

This is true. It is something I have never had to deal with. Thanks for you input I do appreciate it,. I will never except someone nicking stuff as part of the job. I caught one lad nicking a bottle of whisky once, he is still working for me. I hate people who you have helped pissing in your face.

You didn't see it yourself and you don't have cctv, but others told you the daughter stole from your shop.

Next time they are in I would have a word. Let her know what others have said. Let her know that you are in an awkward position, but having thought it through you will give her the benefit of the doubt. This will help her to know that she is being watched like a hawk, but it will also show you are a fair minded person.

She should be welcome in your shop unless you have cctv evidence or have seen them steal with your own eyes. But if you have the talk I don't think they will steal from you again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Anny Road is Mark Fuhrman and I claim my five dollars.

That's a wee bit unfair.

Here is the exact scenario.

I was at the till and Mum comes in and we chat as she is in quite often you could almost say we flirt, she is not particularly attractive and is very African she moved here from Kenya. She has a certain charm and we get on.

She comes in with her daughter, massive arse and tits mmm, but yet only vaguely attractive. Black as the back of the fire as my nan would say.

We chat they spend 50p and ask for a bag. Daughter wonders of to the back of the shop. One of my regulars comes up and says they saw the girl put something in her bag. They leave.

The informant is an ex copper. The Afirican girls have been done before for shop lifting.

You didn't see it yourself and you don't have cctv, but others told you the daughter stole from your shop.

Next time they are in I would have a word. Let her know what others have said. Let her know that you are in an awkward position, but having thought it through you will give her the benefit of the doubt. This will help her to know that she is being watched like a hawk, but it will also show you are a fair minded person.

She should be welcome in your shop unless you have cctv evidence or have seen them steal with your own eyes. But if you have the talk I don't think they will steal from you again.

Thanks GEE.

Can you not change your name to TLW Padre.

Excellent advice but you in your glory do not take into account vengeance.

I have been specifically ordering in al sorts of weird pollentas and African spices etc for this woman. She can kiss my arse now.

Trouble in my mind is can I ban the mother for the daughters stealing?

I've no need for CCtv because this is a wee shop you fucking dick. I trust my customers.

Don't dare tell me how to do my job. This is the first instance of shoplifting in 10 years.

Why make a thread when you wont take any fucking advice. You are asking us how to do your job in fact you do realise?

Don't dare tell me how to do my job.

Well you did ask for advice on the Internet...

This is the first instance of shoplifting in 10 years.

First that you know of anyway!

Nice to know that the libs dems think that if you aint got CCTV you deserve it.

How the hell did you get that from what I wrote? I just wondered if you could confirm whether or not she'd been nicking off a video or something rather than just relying on hearsay.