You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some new reading material so I've ordered it. I'm torn between whether I read the book before seeing the film; I saw L.A. Confidential (for the first time, shame on me) recently having finished the book a couple of weeks before and I was disappointed with the film, despite it being very good. It just didn't enthral me the way the book did. On the contrary, I saw the film Tell No One when it was released and picked up the book for 50p in a charity shop a few weeks later. I still haven't read it and I just can't find the motivation to.

Don't even get me started on The Lost World; Dinosaur ruining jamooks.

I love LA Confidential. I doubt I'll ever get round to reading the book though.

Tell No One will be interesting I guess, the emotion in the film was only just bearable so I guess you'd want the book to be even more powerful.

I'm hoping theres a big enough gap for my head between the LTROI book and the film for me to watch it although I still remember all that happened so far. I usually forget most of a book after a month or so, in one eye and out the other.

• 1 month later...
THIS is the movie you'll all be talking about

The Expendables (2010)

The Expendables (2010)

STALLONE

ROURKE

STATHAM

SCHWARZENEGGER

JET LI

LUNDGREN

A team of mercenaries head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator

HELL YEAH!

Written and directed by Sly himself. Jesus, it says on the imdb he's doing the same for a biopic on Edgar Allan Poe.