You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham(h)-PL Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Agree with those that say this will be tough. West Ham have made some good signings and finally have an excellent manager. There will be lots of pressure on us too and although we've done well in pre-season, it will still take some time for the new boys to settle in. I think we'll dominate and come away with a nervy 1-0 win.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideal game in my view.

They won't come looking to park the bus and they will be suffering from a new team trying to gel and get used to a new managers methods a lot more than we will be from any settling in of players.

First day is always a bit of a lottery but if we are serious about a title push this season then a home game against West Ham is one you have to be looking at taking 3 pts from and anything less would be hugely disappointing.

Can see this being a much tougher fixture than most are expecting. West Ham have bought very well and appointed a proper manager. Of course, we can beat anyone at home, and hopefully their signings will need time to bed in, but I would take 1-0 now if I'm honest.

Agree with this. I also think our new GK is not as good as we want him to be,yet.

Ideal game in my view.

They won't come looking to park the bus and they will be suffering from a new team trying to gel and get used to a new managers methods a lot more than we will be from any settling in of players.

First day is always a bit of a lottery but if we are serious about a title push this season then a home game against West Ham is one you have to be looking at taking 3 pts from and anything less would be hugely disappointing.

Always really heartening to hear this stuff bandied around before the first ball has even been kicked!

• Upvote 1

Always really heartening to hear this stuff bandied around before the first ball has even been kicked!

So you don't think a side eyeing the title should be looking at 3 pts from a home game against West Ham?

Especially considering the quality we are up against to fight for it and the kind of points total that has been achieved by the champions last two years?

Looking forward to going to this one, what with all the changes.

Interested to see how the midfield is gonna look. 

I'll keep a close eye on this Alison bird in goal and provide you all with an unchangeable opinion after one match.

Looking forward to going to this one, what with all the changes.

Interested to see how the midfield is gonna look. 

I'll keep a close eye on this Alison bird in goal and provide you all with an unchangeable opinion after one match.

I quite fancy Alison in goal. She has a beard.

I’m off for one of my three games this year and actually excited for it, which in itself is nice.

I think we’re gonna win white handily as I can’t see them parking a bus and we’re absolutely brimful of confidence throughout the team.

We’ll probably concede one, but we’ll score at least 3.

• Upvote 1

I’m off for one of my three games this year and actually excited for it, which in itself is nice.

I think we’re gonna win white handily as I can’t see them parking a bus and we’re absolutely brimful of confidence throughout the team.

We’ll probably concede one, but we’ll score at least 3.

I think we’ve found our jinx if things don’t go well.

Going to miss this so I want to get all my negativity out anyway: 

• What the fuck? Clear penno! Fuck off. 
  • Robbed.
  • Oh my fucking god.
  • Fucking hell, Alisson. 
  • Starting to see why we paid so much for him [Alisson]. 
  • Naby is ace. 
  • I could watch Naby all day. 
  • Ffs Lovern 
  • Wheeeey
  • Wheeeeey
  • Wheeeeeey
  • Bring Karius on. 
  • That'll do ham, that'll do. 

3-1. 

Salah, Bobby, Gini. 

Some blert blowing bubbles. 

• Upvote 2