Quantcast
West Ham(h)-PL Match Thread - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive one month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube

Advertisement

Snack Media

TLW T-Shirts

Sponsored Links

Photo

West Ham(h)-PL Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
591 replies to this topic

#1 LFC 5 Times

LFC 5 Times

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

So here we are, about to embark on another PL season, perhaps the most positive the fan base has ever felt about a forthcoming season. We have looked the business in pre season and I really hope the heart break of Kiev can be a catalyst for success this season.

Goes without saying, that this game is absolutely massive, it's about setting the tone and we all know how important momentum is particularly for this club. Our opponents we spanked twice last season 8-2 on aggregate, and alongside ourselves have been the big spenders in the league, they've bought some very nice technical footballers in Anderson, Yarmalenko, Wilshere and Fabinanski is a very good goalkeeper in my opinion. Appointing Pellegrini is a huge leap from David Moyes, a real attempt to play the fabled "West Ham Way." I see this as the perfect fixture for us West Ham will most likely be very disjointed given the amount of new players as well as trying to implement a new style and Klopp has regularly had the measure of Pellegrini's sides. I can see us putting 4 or 5 past them and on we will march.

#2 Trumo

Trumo

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:15 PM

Keep doing what we're good at, and be a LOT better at doing the things we weren't so good at. And do all this in EVERY game no matter who starts.

#3 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

Can see this being a much tougher fixture than most are expecting. West Ham have bought very well and appointed a proper manager. Of course, we can beat anyone at home, and hopefully their signings will need time to bed in, but I would take 1-0 now if I'm honest.

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

#4 an tha

an tha

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Going this and taking my 8 year old for first time to a home game.

Gonna be emotional - daft arl get me!!

#5 Tony Moanero

Tony Moanero

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:42 PM

So here we are, about to embark on another PL season, perhaps the most positive the fan base has ever felt about a forthcoming season. We have looked the business in pre season and I really hope the heart break of Kiev can be a catalyst for success this season.

Goes without saying, that this game is absolutely massive, it's about setting the tone and we all know how important momentum is particularly for this club. Our opponents we spanked twice last season 8-2 on aggregate, and alongside ourselves have been the big spenders in the league, they've bought some very nice technical footballers in Anderson, Yarmalenko, Wilshere and Fabinanski is a very good goalkeeper in my opinion. Appointing Pellegrini is a huge leap from David Moyes, a real attempt to play the fabled "West Ham Way." I see this as the perfect fixture for us West Ham will most likely be very disjointed given the amount of new players as well as trying to implement a new style and Klopp has regularly had the measure of Pellegrini's sides. I can see us putting 4 or 5 past them and on we will march.

We expected to win the league and at least one cup competition every season in the 80s.

#6 ZonkoVille77

ZonkoVille77

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

It will be tough. I foresee 0-0 at half-time and then 2-0 full time with our 2nd goal coming in the last 5 mins to finally ease tensions.

If you ever say that to me again, I'll put your head through the wall.

#7 cloggypop

cloggypop

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

Let's snot these cockernee blerts

#8 TheHowieLama

TheHowieLama

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:49 PM

We expected to win the league and at least one cup competition every season in the 80s.

another PL season

Full kit wanker.

#9 tenner

tenner

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

Can't wait. Really looking forward to Sunday. I say we will win 2-0.

#10 TheHowieLama

TheHowieLama

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:41 PM

We will be 3 up within the first 25 minutes.

So I predict a draw.

Full kit wanker.

#11 Seasons

Seasons

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

Expecting to see bubbles followed by tears and predictions of what we'll twat the next team. Followed by a draw/loss against relegation fodder. 

#12 setreal

setreal

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

Hope we get beat.

The ones you light your fires to keep away.

#13 rubble-rouser

rubble-rouser

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

Fabianski always plays well against us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opinions are like arseholes - mine is better than yours

#14 Numero Veinticinco

Numero Veinticinco

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:29 PM

Fabianski always plays well against us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you could go into your Tapatalk settings and turn off your signature, mate?

When it comes to sex I'm similar to the thrilla in Manilla. A pimp by blood, not relation.

#15 Stickman

Stickman

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:29 PM

Hopefully all the new players they've bought take a few weeks to bed in, just in time for when they play our potential rivals .

#16 Chip Butty

Chip Butty

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

1-1, 2-2. Can't see anything more than that and I'm blaming Moreno for everything. 

#17 niallers

niallers

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:01 PM

Twelvety nil to the irons
sax-a-mo-phone, sax-a-mo-phone

#18 suzy

suzy

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:28 PM

Any chance you could go into your Tapatalk settings and turn off your signature, mate?

Why do these signatures upset people so much?

#19 3 Stacks

3 Stacks

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:35 PM

They have a good manager and players like Anderson, Arnautovic and Antonio that can hurt us on the counter, so it's not the easiest first game. But the way we're playing and the fact it's at Anfield will get us the W. 

#20 AngryofTuebrook

AngryofTuebrook

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:56 PM

Saturday - I shall be the perfect husband, treating my darling West Ham-supporting wife to everything she wants for her birthday.

Sunday - We'll obliterate them and then...

giphy.gif

Resistance is never futile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users