You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intellectual Dark Web

aRdja

He’s like a split personality. On most other subject he’s all fact and study based data - then someone mentions god and he goes bat shit crazy. Really mental. Oh and lobsters.

He was on HardTalk the other night. Seemed to have a rote learning like answer for each question and struggled to expand beyond that.

Also seems quite ratty and unpleasant.

• Upvote 1

A compelling debate between Ezra Klein of Vox and one of the IDW leaders, Sam Harris, on the controversial topic of race and intelligence.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/9/17210248/sam-harris-ezra-klein-charles-murray-transcript-podcast

Quick background: Sam Harris is a supporter of Charles Murray’s Bell Curve, which argues that there’s an unbridgeable gap in intelligence between different races in the US (and the world) and the government should stop all programs to redress racial inequality. Ezra Klein called him out on it. They went back and forth on Twitter, and this was meant to be their ‘showdown’, for lack of better a word.

It was awful, really awful. Did you listen to it? Klein is simply dishonest.

He’s a liberal (classical or otherwise), that’s to the left of the alt-right - no?

He’s not left, as you claimed him to be. He even claimed that he sees Trumps politics as ‘centre-ground’. Happy for the mod to change the title thread to “alt-right and the IDW” to no longer have this frankly boring convo.
  • Upvote 3

Imagine your perception being so skewed that you think these fucking dorks are on the left

magine being that much of squirming little cunt you couldn’t fucking read, but instead jumped on a band wagon? Here’s my first fucking post in here you jumped up dungeree wearing wank puffin.

‘Most of the people in that article are on the left, at most liberal. Including the gay married bloke’

• Upvote 2

I think David Rubin would be offended if you call him a leftie. His whole schtick is about mocking the left..

Disingenuous- I said left at most liberal didn’t I? Fancy quote mining in a thread about the alt-right. Dick.

‘Most of the people in that article are on the left, at most liberal. Including the gay married bloke’

Disingenuous- I said left at most liberal didn’t I? Fancy quote mining in a thread about the alt-right. Dick.

Jesus, is the insult really necessary Rico? Feel free to disagree with my posts but please refrain from unprovoked personal attacks. Your beef isn’t with me.

magine being that much of squirming little cunt you couldn’t fucking read, but instead jumped on a band wagon? Here’s my first fucking post in here you jumped up dungeree wearing wank puffin.

Repped for the insult "jumped up dungaree wearing wank puffin."

What the fuck am I supposed to infer from “most of the people in that article are on the left”. Honestly, this is just mindblowingly stupid.

Jesus, is the insult really necessary Rico? Feel free to disagree with my posts but please refrain from unprovoked personal attacks. Your beef isn’t with me.

I think it is mate, because you deliberately clipped my quote. That’s dickhead behaviour.