You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How confident do you feel for next season?

Section_31

What's 30 m going to get us in the way of a striker ? We have lots of 2nd rate strikers already plus youngsters like Brewster and Woodburn,. No way we have the money to out and pay mega bucks on a proven player this window.

I'd like to think that we could improve on what we have with 30m

Not advocating a mega bucks striker - we don't need one but we do need better in reserve/to come in and do a job when needed than broken down has beens, kids with zero experience or goals and Origi.

I'm confident that watching this team play is going to be fun, like it was last season. I think we have a squad to compete in every game regardless of opponent - so that's my expectation.

I'll worry about the rest at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

It's been a decade since a team has managed to retain the title, after winning it they usually have a poorer year.

Title runs must leave teams fucked, my main worry is that City won it so easily last time that they might not feel the effects of having to graft right through to May.

I'm hoping that trend continues, anyway because if it does we are certainly the best equipped to take advantage of that.

Deffo need to get a trophy sorted anyway, it will take a small amount of pressure off, and success breeds confidence, which will in turn breed even more success.

It's been a decade since a team has managed to retain the title, after winning it they usually have a poorer year.

Title runs must leave teams fucked, my main worry is that City won it so easily last time that they might not feel the effects of having to graft right through to May.

I'm hoping that trend continues, anyway because if it does we are certainly the best equipped to take advantage of that.

Deffo need to get a trophy sorted anyway, it will take a small amount of pressure off, and success breeds confidence, which will in turn breed even more success.

They had a good number of key men go the distance in the world cup - reckon that will have an impact.

I’m confident we’ll finish in the top four again, I think we’ve cemented our place there, if our front three stay as fit as the past season we’ll genuinely challenge for everything we’re involved in.

I think we’re one of the best sides in Europe again, unfortunately so are Man City.

A strong and physically imposing spine full of class for the first time since Rafa’s best league season, but with unstoppable flair, creativity, mobility and goals in both wide positions already etched in stone.

Given that was the part we never seemed to get right under Rafa, if it all gels reasonably quickly, what a ride this season will be.

Just gonna enjoy the ride. Klopp is building a great side that’s getting better and better. The league will always be a huge long shot with sides proped up by cash they don’t earn and financial juggernaut like United.

We’re at least giving the man a chance to compete with most of the other top six. He’s now got a squad that needs quality not quantity added every summer. Somethings he’s doing anyway, keeping the likes of Lovren longer than you’d want instead of buying cheaper players to fix every gap.

If the owners backed him every summer, like they fucking should and have this year. He can do it.

Top four and another smash at the champions league this year. It’s really ducking important the fan base except something like that and don’t lose their shit.

The situation at Chelsea has shown such an amazingly careless and negligent lack of planning. Never bet against them, but they surely lack the same cheat code which allowed Abramovich’s previous whims to be fixed overnight.

United appear to be similarly apathetic and disjointed in how they’re approaching team-building. The Special Cunt’s excuses about pre-season form are already appearing in headlines. Plenty more of those in the post.

Quietly confident. Will be very confident if we get a playmaker or a set piece expert. We've all been on here years moaning about the glaring weaknesses the squad has and the frustration that comes from the lack of action over them.

We dropped too many points last year to shithouse teams who we couldn't break down, goalkeeping and defensive errors and our main players not having enough rotation or time to rest. I'm glad we've got a manager who can see this and is willing to do something about it.

It's going to be a ride. What will be exciting, I hope, is the atmosphere at Anfield. The fans can sense we have a chance so if they really get behind the team then the atmosphere should be electric this season.

• Upvote 1

The 09 team was fucking frightening on paper. We just had (as has been the case for years) a few bits of garbage. That 4 nil against Real Madrid was my favourite memory of that side. Well that and beating the mancs 4:1 at old Trafford. Torres get in my bed lad

• Upvote 3