You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How confident do you feel for next season?

Section_31

Feeling excited but nervous.

The problem I feel we face is the weight of expectation and the hysteria that explodes as soon as we get close to something and then the recent history of imploding at the crucial time and crumbling under the pressure.....it weighs everybody down and suffocates us - how we break it i don't know...but it is a massive problem.

Obviously winning something would be the start of it.

The spotlight is going to shine brightly on us this season - withstanding it is gonna be the test, signing world record keepers brings that spotlight and brings that expectation.

Time to step up - if we don't the glare from that spotlight will get harsher and harsher.

Do we have big enough men to stand up and deliver...let's hope so.

Agree with that but for me, there's been no reason to be genuinely excited at the start of a season for quite some  time. We had players who could do a job, but none in the midfield or at the back who we genuinely felt were up to the challenge of taking on other big sides for major trophies.

Rafa's 2009 squad was the last one with a truly world class spine, I think this side could definitely have that. Put it this way, if we were going into a CL final tomorrow I'd feel 10 times more confident than I did a few weeks back.

The squad may not settle, the team may not gel, but the raw ingredients are there for the first time in a very long time.

Confidence and sport do not go hand in hand for me. But I am ridiculously excited to get competitive football started and see what this team can do.

Agree with this to be fair. Whenever we get excited before a season it doesn't deliver. 

City are just too strong at the moment, can't see anyone else winning it. I reckon we'd be runners up though, providing we sign Fekir and one or two more others to strengthen the squad.

I'm raeasonably happy with the strength of the squad now. I've never felt Henderson and Leillana et al were first team quality, but they're more than capable of covering over the course of a season I feel.

• Upvote 1

Henderson is better than Fabinho (on what I've seen so far). Keita will lose the ball a lot, especially in the early part of the season.

But I reckon we will manage 85-90 points. If Citeh slip - and I suspect they will - this could be enough to win the League.

We're not going to sign anyone else. That's us done now according to Klopp.

Would say we still need a forward...i find it hard to believe that we think the shithsow that is Origi, Ings, Solanke and Sturridge contains the answer in terms of cover and back up to Bobby.

Jib that shower and get in someone reliable who can offer us good cover....yes Shaqiri may be decent cover for Salah/Mane but we have nothing up to scratch for the central role in our 3.

Would say we still need a forward...i fins it hard to believe that we think the shithsow that is Origi, Ings, Solanke and Sturridge contains the answer in terms of cover and back up to Bobby.

Jib that shower and get in someone reliable who can offer us good cover....yes Shaqiri may be decent cover for Salah/Mane but we have nothing up to scratch for the central role in our 3.

Can only think Klopp has a lot of faith in Brewster.

Can only think Klopp has a lot of faith in Brewster.

Hmmm a 17 year old kid who is currently a month away from even being able to run!

We surely need more than that....add in Markovic being sold and surely we can raise 30m from the deadwood to invest in a forward.

Wouldn't even mind if it is an older player just for a season or two until Brewster or even Solanke (if he could prove it out on loan somewhere) are ready.

Hmmm a 17 year old kid who is currently a month away from even being able to run!

We surely need more than that....add in Markovic being sold and surely we can raise 30m from the deadwood to invest in a forward.

What's 30 m going to get us in the way of a striker ? We have lots of 2nd rate strikers already plus youngsters like Brewster and Woodburn,. No way we have the money to out and pay mega bucks on a proven player this window.

We definitely have and credit where it's due. I think we’ve spent the money, but I still think we need to replace the player. The Fekir-up with the medical is a fair excuse though. It’s not like they weren’t willing.

But without pissing off NV too much I think you can complain we've sold Coutinho in January and still not replaced him.

You wouldn’t have seen it but I said this on the MF earlier...

Strange, isn’t it. I’ve said many times in disagreements with M0e, Wom, et al, that I think they’re wrong, I think we’ve backed the manager, etc, but the minute they’re happy with a summer, I’m less happy.

We discussed the Coutinho situation at length. I said we’d spend the money. I said I was happy to wait. I said the money was there and it was Klopp that decided to keep his powder dry. I think it’s fair to say they’ve reinvested the money now. I still feel those guys were wrong, but I also said something else... we should have signed a Coutinho replacement before letting Phil go, but then added to it later by saying that if the manager wants to wait that’s fine. Where is he then? Where’s Coutinho’s replacement?

It’s actually fucking me off. The money should be there to go in again and I’m not convinced we would have got Alisson if we had got Fekir. In my mind, that’s not good enough. We’ve got serious fucking money sitting around. Where’s the attacker. I can’t stage how fucking important it is to have quality in depth so if Mane and Firmino are our, we have players to come in.

I applaud the way the club is run, we are on an incredibly sound financial footing. The stadium upgrade is coated and is being paid for, the training ground is getting upgraded, the team is being invested in, but this summer we won’t spent all that much when including outgoings. Sensible, but I still want ya to push harder.

Agree with that.

We've taken big strides in the right direction this summer but we still need one attacking signing.

I mean, the way we had issues in defence so we absolutely ducking smashed world records for CB and GK can’t be anything other than heartily applauded. It might be a bit greasy but I don’t think Lallalllalllalalaana and Shaqiri is a good enough set of back up. If Sturridge is fit and motivated then maybe. But... yeah. I doubt that’ll happen.