You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

At least they've stopped pretending

Dicko

You're a particularly boring cunt today. Couldn't this go in the other FSG thread?

Yes. More than a club, it's a family. Terrible sentiment. I hate them. Let's move on to the next banal, mindless thing to complain about.

Night follows day.

Bore off.

To some people, families are desolate things, full of disappointment and heartache.

Other than a few occasions in the last twenty odd years, they might have a point.

My girlfriend likes Eastenders, I bought the TV though so I'm charging her £37 a year and if she's lucky I might let her watch an episode.

Just like Liverpool's family.

You're a particularly boring cunt today. Couldn't this go in the other FSG thread?

Yes. More than a club, it's a family. Terrible sentiment. I hate them. Let's move on to the next banal, mindless thing to complain about.

I'm not linking this to transfers or anything, but it's perfectly fine for people to have a beef with this supporter/family bullshit, and their constant use of the 12th man, values statement, etc. Some of us grew up living next to Anfield during the Shankly/Paisley area when the connection between the club and the local area actually meant something.

I accept the club has changed. Little of any of it is true anymore. Which is fine. But I, and others, are entitled to call out the bullshit marketing who are trading on something that no longer exists, yet we remember as being important to our past, without people being dismissive. I'd rather they be honest. Especially given recent events such as the fleecing of supporters booking Thomas Cook flights. Family didn't seem to matter too much then.

Personally, I'd rather they be what they are, and cut the crap.

• Upvote 5

And.

I want the team to win, that's where it ends.

Where do you think the money comes from mate? This is a business. We are customers. Maximising income with marketing is what business does. Particularly successful ones like some our our main competition.

The club don’t care for your good wishes. They never have. They want your money.

The game has evolved for the worst a lot of the time, I wish it had the same old values but that has long gone. You only have to hear some of the bollocks spouted on here by the nouveau football elite. I long for the days on Shankly and Paisley and going the match with my family, a lot still go. A lot have passed on and the season tickets passed on too. The game has bypassed the old style support mostly, sad but true.

I for one I'll mourn the passing of the old game with as much passion as I hate the new.

• Upvote 2

The game has evolved for the worst a lot of the time, I wish it had the same old values but that has long gone. You only have to hear some of the bollocks spouted on here by the nouveau football elite. I long for the days on Shankly and Paisley and going the match with my family, a lot still go. A lot have passed on and the season tickets passed on too. The game has bypassed the old style support mostly, sad but true.

I for one I'll mourn the passing of the old game with as much passion as I hate the new.

You've probably put it better than I have.

• Upvote 1

Where do you think the money comes from mate? This is a business. We are customers. Maximising income with marketing is what business does. Particularly successful ones like some our our main competition.

The club don’t care for your good wishes. They never have. They want your money.

So not a family then.

The idea that the club used to be some bastion of fan inclusivity is a myth. The club have never given a fuck about the fans. Ever.

Remember going with my old fella in the early 80’s some European game with us as reigning champs. After a convincing win I said I loved this club. He lectured me saying that this club you say you love is the most successful in Europe but heards you in like cattle and still has you queuing for 20 mins to piss in an open sewer. Fuck them. Love the team.

Nothing has changed just PR and marketing.

• Upvote 1

The idea that the club used to be some bastion of fan inclusivity is a myth. The club have never given a fuck about the fans. Ever.

Remember going with my old fella in the early 80’s some European game with us as reigning champs. After a convincing win I said I loved this club. He lectured me saying that this club you say you love is the most successful in Europe but heards you in like cattle and still has you queuing for 20 mins to piss in an open sewer. Fuck them. Love the team.

Nothing has changed just PR and marketing.

Holy trinity Manager, team, supporters. The chairmen is just there to sign the cheques.

Hence wanting the cunts to spend £80m on a keeper.

I agree mate and not arguing with you but to spend it you have to earn it by selling shit.

I don't disagree, but they shouldn't call it family.

Even Moores & Parry never had the brass neck to do that.

That said a fool and his money....

So should Klopp shut it when he talks about football family. I really really do not get why people fall out of their tree over stuff like this. Why do people get offended. it is like they want to drag any little thing up to have a go. I have been going to Anfield when we were Second Division team usually missing promotion by a couple of points and places.  We used to say the players would rather be comfortable in the Second Division rather than having to pull their tripe out every week in the First and in some ways the club being grateful for it. Things change. You wanted a piss at the game you either got your cock out on the terrace or took your chance pissing against a smelly wall before the game.

So should Klopp shut it when he talks about football family. I really really do not get why people fall out of their tree over stuff like this. Why do people get offended. it is like they want to drag any little thing up to have a go. I have been going to Anfield when we were Second Division team usually missing promotion by a couple of points and places.  We used to say the players would rather be comfortable in the Second Division rather than having to pull their tripe out every week in the First and in some ways the club being grateful for it. Things change. You wanted a piss at the game you either got your cock out on the terrace or took your chance pissing against a smelly wall before the game.

wp-1473440495711.jpg?w=1056

Classy.