You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I see value in having Pulisic on the field so I do not find it depressing in any way.

I find the notion that Liverpool football club would spend huge money to bolster an investment groups portfolio quite depressing although it's a made up notion and I'm just a miserable sod.

I think realistically he turns us down for United regardless of his loyalties.

I find the notion that Liverpool football club would spend huge money to bolster an investment groups portfolio quite depressing although it's a made up notion and I'm just a miserable sod.

I think realistically he turns us down for United regardless of his loyalties.

I genuinely think it'll be tough for him.

On the one hand, there are more United fans in the US than Liverpool fans, and the marketing combination will mean a LOT of extra money for him. Plus he himself is a fan, so that's got to be a plus.

On the other hand, he comes across as a bright kid who wants to develop to reach his full potential. Anyone with half a brain can see that the last thing a young attacking player needs is time under Mourinho. Jose has a LONG history of stifling young, creative players who have to leave to reach their potential.

Pulisic will be pretty wary of that, I'd reckon. Just to take one current example, if Martial were playing for us I think he'd be one of the best players in the world. Instead, under Jose he's in and out of the team (a few purple patches here and there but not really considered a world-class player by most neutrals) and they just bought a 28-year old superstar to play ahead of him.

I'm not that arsed about Pulisic to be honest. He's a very good player, but he will cost £30-40m over and above what he should in pure footballing terms because of the US marketing angle. I think Jurgen will push for him and he will have a tough decision to make but if he ends up at United and we get someone like Fekir instead I won't be that upset.

I genuinely think it'll be tough for him.

On the one hand, there are more United fans in the US than Liverpool fans, and the marketing combination will mean a LOT of extra money for him. Plus he himself is a fan, so that's got to be a plus.

On the other hand, he comes across as a bright kid who wants to develop to reach his full potential. Anyone with half a brain can see that the last thing a young attacking player needs is time under Mourinho. Jose has a LONG history of stifling young, creative players who have to leave to reach their potential.

Pulisic will be pretty wary of that, I'd reckon. Just to take one current example, if Martial were playing for us I think he'd be one of the best players in the world. Instead, under Jose he's in and out of the team (a few purple patches here and there but not really considered a world-class player by most neutrals) and they just bought a 28-year old superstar to play ahead of him.

I'm not that arsed about Pulisic to be honest. He's a very good player, but he will cost £30-40m over and above what he should in pure footballing terms because of the US marketing angle. I think Jurgen will push for him and he will have a tough decision to make but if he ends up at United and we get someone like Fekir instead I won't be that upset.

I agree with everything written here. And now for some messages...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Stop having wet dreams about good players.

We'll sign the usual mediocre dross like Gini, Ox, Robertson. And hope to get lucky with a Salah like signing. Keita in this instance. 

As for Pulisic that would be ace, but having a squad that looks knackered already, Champions league football will be down to pure luck, as everyone around us strenghtened and as seen against Spurs we were completely outplayed for the entire game. Will be an absolute nightmare run in from now on. Failing to beat Saints tomorrow and we are in it. With the usual bottlers and shithouses in midfield I can't see anyone taking the team by the root and puling us forward.

Sorry for not being able to spell or put a coherent sentence together. I'm hungover and in a pissy negative mood. Hope it will change to more positive as it wears off, when the cunts and uber cunts draw later. Or the Cunts bottles it as per usual when they meet the uber cunts.

• Downvote 1

Stop having wet dreams about good players.

We'll sign the usual mediocre dross like Gini, Ox, Robertson. And hope to get lucky with a Salah like signing. Keita in this instance. 

As for Pulisic that would be ace, but having a squad that looks knackered already, Champions league football will be down to pure luck, as everyone around us strenghtened and as seen against Spurs we were completely outplayed for the entire game. Will be an absolute nightmare run in from now on. Failing to beat Saints tomorrow and we are in it. With the usual bottlers and shithouses in midfield I can't see anyone taking the team by the root and puling us forward.

Sorry for not being able to spell or put a coherent sentence together. I'm hungover and in a pissy negative mood. Hope it will change to more positive as it wears off, when the cunts and uber cunts draw later. Or the Cunts bottles it as per usual when they meet the uber cunts.

I hope you're aware that this is pure drivel. 

• Upvote 1

I hope you're aware that this is pure drivel. 

So you are saying that Gini, Ox, and Robertson aren't mediocre. 

You are saying Henderson and the above have what it takes to carry a team forward.

So you are saying that we have a chance for Pulisic if we don't qualify for the CL.

And you are saying we didn't get completely outplayed by Spurs.

And that we didn't get lucky with Salah.

The rest I probably agree with you on.

Yes fucking please

Liverpool have turned their transfer sights on Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey.

The 20-year-old attacker is the Bundesliga’s hottest property with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham all regularly scouting the highly-rated youngster.

And Liverpool have now joined the race for Bailey, with Monaco target Thomas Lemar no longer of interest — as we told you last week.

Anfield boss Jurgen Klopp believes £90million-rated midfielder Lemar is heading elsewhere in the summer, with Spanish giants Barcelona his first choice destination.

But Bailey won’t come cheap either — sources in Germany claim Leverkusen bosses want a staggering £100m for their jet-heeled star.

The Jamaican is having a productive season with Leverkusen, having scored ten goals in 22 games.

Yes fucking please

Liverpool have turned their transfer sights on Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey.

The 20-year-old attacker is the Bundesliga’s hottest property with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham all regularly scouting the highly-rated youngster.

And Liverpool have now joined the race for Bailey, with Monaco target Thomas Lemar no longer of interest — as we told you last week.

Anfield boss Jurgen Klopp believes £90million-rated midfielder Lemar is heading elsewhere in the summer, with Spanish giants Barcelona his first choice destination.

But Bailey won’t come cheap either — sources in Germany claim Leverkusen bosses want a staggering £100m for their jet-heeled star.

The Jamaican is having a productive season with Leverkusen, having scored ten goals in 22 games.

Is this where we all pretend this cunt couldn't have been bought a few weeks ago.

Looks good on the few clips I've seen of him.  More good players is good.

Yes fucking please

Can't ever imagine a pacey 5ft11 winger from Kingston, Jamaica doing anything at this club.

• Upvote 1