You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Fekir’s versatility key for Klopp. The affable German sees his potential to star both in an advanced midfield position OR in the front three.

Crucially, the highly rated French star would also present Klopp with a serious dead ball threat.

No smoke without fire. I reckon Jurgen got caught out with this leak. Deal is on I reckon.

Agree. Looking forward to seeing how he links up with Neves, Jorginho, Sessegnon, Ceballos, Dembele, Zielinski, Maddison, Meyer, Werner and Zaha in pre-season.

Honestly, he's fucking boss.

My only concern is that he had quite a serious injury from memory, basically missed most of 2015/16. That said, he's now put two seasons back-to-back without a recurrence, and he's bagged 35 goals in 83 games, from a number 10 position, or even midfield.

The variance in the type of goals he scores is the impressive thing, he's not a back-post lurker, and he's not some grock like Fellaini or Cahill getting his head on things.

The injury was a concern because at that time he was just starting to really flourish, and was turning heads with his skills and end product, and won the League 1 Young Player of the Year award. May not sound much, but he joined a list that has mist recently recognised winners such as Verratti, Dembele and MBappe. So, it was frustrating to see if he was going to be added to THAT list of the award winners, or the other list of winners which include Thauvin, Belhanda, and Sakho.

I thought at the time he broke through that he would emulate the brilliance of Gourcuff, who some of you will not remember, but the lad was sensational for Bourdeaux in 2009 and led them to the title. Zidane-esque brilliance. He was nominated for the Balon D'Or, and was crowned France Football's Player of the Year, ie, he was thought better than Henry, Benzema and Ribery.

Anyway, he turned back to shit when he got a bunch of injuries in the years after 2009.

Fekir is in the mould of the lad from 2009, and that's great stuff.

• Upvote 1

My only problem with him where on earth would he fit in, the only logical place would be as a CM but would he be as effective playing there because he’s basically magic playing as No.10, he really is phenomenal. All sorts of goals and he’s as tricky a player there is, he beats men for fun.

If he can transform himself into a proper CM I can’t see many other midfielders dealing with him and Keita running at and through them, as long as we get a proper deep lying playmaker to thread balls through the lines into Keita and Fekirs feet then we’re good to go. I don’t think Henderson has the ability to play first time balls quickly whilst under pressure into their feet so someone like Neves or Jorginho would help us a hell of a lot more when breaking down teams who sit deep. Henderson, Can and Gini tend to take a touch to get it under control before releasing it which as minute as it seems slows us down that few seconds that lets teams get back into more a shape. With Neves or Jorginho they have the vision and ability to be in the right place to play a quick pass onto Keita and Fekir to run forward with the ball pulling defenders out from their lines to close them down leaving more space for Salah and Mane outwide.

My only problem with him where on earth would he fit in, the only logical place would be as a CM but would he be as effective playing there because he’s basically magic playing as No.10, he really is phenomenal. All sorts of goals and he’s as tricky a player there is, he beats men for fun.

If he can transform himself into a proper CM I can’t see many other midfielders dealing with him and Keita running at and through them, as long as we get a proper deep lying playmaker to thread balls through the lines into Keita and Fekirs feet then we’re good to go. I don’t think Henderson has the ability to play first time balls quickly whilst under pressure into their feet so someone like Neves or Jorginho would help us a hell of a lot more when breaking down teams who sit deep. Henderson, Can and Gini tend to take a touch to get it under control before releasing it which as minute as it seems slows us down that few seconds that lets teams get back into more a shape. With Neves or Jorginho they have the vision and ability to be in the right place to play a quick pass onto Keita and Fekir to run forward with the ball pulling defenders out from their lines to close them down leaving more space for Salah and Mane outwide.

He fits in the Liverpool squad which is absolutely brutal past the starting XI.

• Upvote 1

He fits in the Liverpool squad which is absolutely brutal past the starting XI.

He’s too talented a footballer to just be in the squad, if we buy him we’ve got to fit him in somewhere. I’m not sure if you’ve seen much of him mate but he’s honestly amazing, the more I’ve seen of him this year the more I’ve thought why haven’t Barca or Madrid gone for him to add to their ageing squad.

I agree that the squad needs sorting but the way I would personally do it and the way I think that teams improve is by replacing the current starter with someone better, demoting him to the bench and selling the already benched players. For example of the front 3 Mane to me would be the easiest replaced, I think he’s amazing by the way but if you had the option to buy an improvement on him then do it and he becomes a squad player.

• Upvote 1