You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

As our summer transfer dealings are all but over, I thought we'd get right down to what's needed to improve the team in January.

So, which clubs do we piss off in January? And over which players? Or is there no value in pissing clubs off in January?

What? It's Friday afternoon. I'm a complete and utter twat. What did you expect?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

With Coutinho gone now we are lacking that wee bit of quality on the ball.

I can see why the owners took a punt on Arnautovic in the summer - good value - low wages - but no matter how much I support the Americans it just doesnt seem to be enough. We will need to move aggressively now for a player to fill that void - I know Townsend is available.

Fuck it we dont need anyone.. top of the league 8 points clear into the knockout stages of the CL and Sturridge not missed a game all season.. oh hang on nurse nurse can I have my mogadon please

Never any value in the January window, just look at the shite we've signed in previous Januaries

Daniel Agger (Jan 2006)

Alvaro Arbeloa (Jan 2007)

Javier Mascherano (Jan 2007)

Martin Skrtel (Jan 2008)

Maxi Rodriguez (Jan 2010)

Luis Suarez (Jan 2011)

Daniel Sturridge (Jan 2013)

Philippe Coutinho (Jan 2013)

Absolute bobbins, the lot of them. No wonder we haven't made any major signings in the last four January windows with a track record like this.

Why do we need to strengthen after we spent nearly £200million on Salah, van Dijk, Neita and that really good left back we got on the last day of the Summer 2017 window once we secured our place in the Champions League?

We're top of the league, in all the Cup comps and looking forward to playing the second half without the still-injured Sturridge? Not like we miss him.