You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgin Media

DPW

Anyone have it? 

If so, any good? 

Just ditched sky and thinking of going with Virgin Media. Looking at the Full House sports and movies bundle. Includes Sky Sports and BT sports, movies, phone and 200mb internet. This works out at £80 with £100 voucher back. Cheaper than Sky offered after several threats to leave, and hopefully more reliable broadband with BT sports.

On a separate note, pisses me off no end you have to haggle over your tv/internet costs once a year. Bring back oldschool aerials. 

Due to my daughter coming home after renting for 6 months we ended up in an odd situation a few years back whereby we had Sky upstairs & Virgin Media downstairs as she had signed for 12 months.

We much preferred Virgin Media.

Pros;  Broadband, reliability, customer service.

Cons;  No Sky Atlantic

Can never get my cunting Kodi box working. No matter how much i update the channels i get fuck all

I've never used a box but I'm a dab hand at it on the Firestick. It should be easy enough to figure out how the box works though. If you're not getting any use out of it, you can send it to me if you want? I'll set it up for you in a simple way, with everything you want on it and get it sent back to you pronto. PM me if you want mate and have a chat about it.

• Upvote 1

There's boxes you can get that even have menus like sky digital.

64 quid or thereabouts on the box. 15 quid yearly line rental

At this stage its lunacy to pay a big monthly sub to any one for tv.

It's not even needed sinxe a next gen console has every tv show or movie ever made at the click of a few buttons on putlocker.

• Upvote 1

There's boxes you can get that even have menus like sky digital.

64 quid or thereabouts on the box. 15 quid yearly line rental

At this stage its lunacy to pay a big monthly sub to any one for tv.

It's not even needed sinxe a next gen console has every tv show or movie ever made at the click of a few buttons on putlocker.

PM details please.

I've never used a box but I'm a dab hand at it on the Firestick. It should be easy enough to figure out how the box works though. If you're not getting any use out of it, you can send it to me if you want? I'll set it up for you in a simple way, with everything you want on it and get it sent back to you pronto. PM me if you want mate and have a chat about it.

PMd you

Thanks

• 2 months later...

These bastards turned up unannounced outside my house last year and proceeded to dig up the pavement right up to the top of the street leaving the street looking a mess. When we complained, the council said theres nothing they or we can do as there is a law for service providers to be able to do this. Although we didn't agree with it, we had to accept it but the council said they'd be getting them back out to redo the mess they'd caused. 

Anyway, my broadband was up for renewal the other day so I called virgin to see if I could blag a big discount. Turns out that despite tearing the street up 12 months ago, we can't actually get Virgin after all and our street still looks a mess. Bastards

I've just bought a new build house and part of the deal is that we get 3 months free of the Full House bundle. I'm a month into it and in summary I find the internet to be boss (getting about 130 mb) and the TV to be nowhere near as good as Sky in terms of availability, convenience and useability.

So much so i've already ordered Sky on a discount because we left before the move.