You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Random Thread of Random Things Posted Randomly

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Remember Quavers and Walkers used to have little green/blue prizes inside, and you could possibly win quarter of a million quid?

I was walking down the street aged 9 and found one in my bag of quavers. I was so excited I legged it back to the house to open the prize to find I'd won a free bag of quavers.

Good times.

we used to call that Shiel Road ice rink - I think it's the same one.   You'd fall over in there at your peril.  They used to sweep up all the severed fingers at the end of the session.  

Haha, i haven't thought about this place for at least 30 years

The boots used to stink badly but a great day out

Happy days

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-nostalgia-remembering-silver-blades-3009879

Haha, i haven't thought about this place for at least 30 years

The boots used to stink badly but a great day out

Happy days

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-nostalgia-remembering-silver-blades-3009879

It's amazing that there's no ice rink to replace it (at least according to the echo).  It used to get absolutely chocker in there, but as you say, a great day out.

My mum told me that under the ball pit at the festival gardens a man lives there and he tries to grab your feet and pull you under where he keeps you and tickles you forever, she told me this from the other side of the fence while I was waist deep in plastic balls. After a second of being dumbstruck sheer fucking bedlam ensued in my dramatic panic fuelled race for the exit. Fucking ruined my 21st birthday that did.

• Upvote 6

My mum told me that under the ball pit at the festival gardens a man lives there and he tries to grab your feet and pull you under where he keeps you and tickles you forever, she told me this from the other side of the fence while I was waist deep in plastic balls. After a second of being dumbstruck sheer fucking bedlam ensued in my dramatic panic fuelled race for the exit. Fucking ruined my 21st birthday that did.

Your mum is shit.

I'd have said it so every little kid could hear, setting off a mass stampede for the exit. And I'd have swapped out tickling for stripping your flesh from your bones with his teeth.

I butter both sides of my toast I'm captain of my own fate and I'll fucking decide if I get butter on the floor. Anyway I often wonder... What's it all about eh.... All this... Everything and how come people who are suicidal don't think fuck it I've nothing to lose I'm gonna make me those rocket skates.

Because that would give their life a purpose they think it doesn't have.