You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rickie Lambert

Gnasher

Yup. Good option to have. No brainer at £4m.

I know it was Allen made a huge difference, but Lambert give us something different. Just imagine if we had to bring on Aspas!

Allen made a difference when he was able to shift out left, which happened when Lambert came on. Lambert also did well recycling the ball and keeping forward momentum. I think he'll be a good last 20 minute option once he's fully settled.

looked better when we played 442 diamond with Butler up top with Danny boy........

we done exactly same last season,started off 433 and were pretty average despite good results and then exploded into action when we went diamond shape 442.

hope we get another tricky pacey striker so it continues to work this season but yes,Butler is ideal when we need a bit more physical presence to occupy center backs and cause a goal threat when we get a bit desperate for a goal and were camping on edge off opposing teams box

Yup. Good option to have. No brainer at £4m.

I know it was Allen made a huge difference, but Lambert give us something different. Just imagine if we had to bring on Aspas!

No, Allen didn't make a huge difference when he came on.

We looked better the moment Lambert came on as that enabled us to go to the Diamond.

Allen started to play well but before that he was just as lacklustre as Lucas

Think the lad has been bought for his passion as much as anything else, once his confidence is there I think he'll do well. We've been missing that kind of attitude since Carragher retired, Lambert really would play here for nothing. Best of luck to the lad.

I don't understand what he did wrong yesterday, his hold up play was good and he's always been better with his feet than his head, so Hades is a bellend.

He hasn't done much since he's been here other than give interview after interview about how he's a Liverpool support.

He did nothing wrong when he came on yesterday but that's because he didn't do much of anything.

He still looks over awed and needs to get over it before he becomes a cult hero for who he is rather than what he does.

He hasn't done much since he's been here other than give interview after interview about how he's a Liverpool support.

He did nothing wrong when he came on yesterday but that's because he didn't do much of anything.

He still looks over awed and needs to get over it before he becomes a cult hero for who he is rather than what he does.

That makes you come across as a bit of a quim, Cardie.

• Upvote 2

That makes you come across as a bit of a quim, Cardie.

Why, it's the truth.

Every interview he's either mentioning how he's a Liverpool fan and this is his dream move or he's a Liverpool fan but he has to put that to one side now and concentrate on the football. What he's yet to do is put it into practice.

He's been largely anonymous in the, granted very few, games he's played so far and looked overawed by the whole situation.

Even as supporters the first thing mentioned is how big a fan he is and how he must be buzzing.

Why, it's the truth.

Every interview he's either mentioning how he's a Liverpool fan and this is his dream move or he's a Liverpool fan but he has to put that to one side now and concentrate on the football. What he's yet to do is put it into practice.

He's been largely anonymous in the, granted very few, games he's played so far and looked overawed by the whole situation.

Even as supporters the first thing mentioned is how big a fan he is and how he must be buzzing.

He's played about 15 minutes competitive football for us. Pre-season means nothing. Aspas looked like he was going to be a good signing during pre-season and we all know how that one turned out. 

He'll be sound as long as he doesn't take 20 games to score his first goal or something. I thought he did alright when he came on and I'm certain as the season progresses he'll prove to be good business. 

• Upvote 2

I don't understand what he did wrong yesterday, his hold up play was good and he's always been better with his feet than his head, so Hades is a bellend.

Wasn't expecting much but so far he's failed to meet even those low expectations. For a suposed fan I was hoping he'd bust a gut and put himelf about but he looks overweight and lazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3