You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Bigger tests to come obviously but promising start.

Yep, looked comfortable and the pre season goal will do his confidence no harm at all. Plus, last season with Southampton means the PL's physical nature isnt a surprise to him.

Where this leaves sakho is a puzzle though.

looks as good as hyypia.

cant say better than that.

20m these days is like 5m 15 years ago. I know sami cost about 2.5 and was a bona fide banargain but im excited about this guy too.

rodgers already saying hes our no 1 centre back so between skrtel and sakho for the other spot.

looks as good as hyypia.

cant say better than that.

20m these days is like 5m 15 years ago. I know sami cost about 2.5 and was a bona fide banargain but im excited about this guy too.

rodgers already saying hes our no 1 centre back so between skrtel and sakho for the other spot.

After 90 minutes on a friendly against Dortmund's reserves in a game they barely crossed halfway line you've concluded he looks as good as our best defender of the last 24 years. Mental bastard

• Upvote 4

So because people have seen something to get excited about you call them pathetic?

Yeah its a tad over the top but that comment is overkill. 

Tell me do you suffer from anxiety attacks? 

Excited? People are comparing him to Sami Hyypia! That is fucking ridiculous.

He's played one game and he is now compared to one of the greatest defenders this club has had.

I think the comparison is overkill, and no mate, i don't suffer from anxiety attacks.

Excited? People are comparing him to Sami Hyypia! That is fucking ridiculous.

He's played one game and he is now compared to one of the greatest defenders this club has had.

I think the comparison is overkill, and no mate, i don't suffer from anxiety attacks.

Take it easy man, enjoy the win, let people talk about how his play style reminds them of Sami and that he could go on and become as good as him.

Its the equivalent of saying that Sterling could be as good as Suarez.....nothing wrong with either comparison. 

At least they are consistent Markovic and Can have been tagged as Worldies also from a bit of pre-season and youtube. At least wait until  h-t  against Southampton. I am all for a bit of positivity but delirium is no good either.

No-one has been called a worldie as far as I can see.  Lovren had a good debut, and if you can't see that, you're missing something.  Next week is the real test though.  I suspect Skrtel and Lovren will start the league campaign, but Sakho will come in for Skrtel at some point.  

Skrtel played well today too, but as I say, the real business starts next week.  

Take it easy man, enjoy the win, let people talk about how his play style reminds them of Sami and that he could go on and become as good as him.

Its the equivalent of saying that Sterling could be as good as Suarez.....nothing wrong with either comparison. 

Just found it silly to compare him to Sami after 1 game.

I hope he hits the level that Sami did as we will have one of the best defenders in the world.

Yeah, i should enjoy the win, some of the football we played today was phenomenal. Just hope Forster doesnt have a worldie on his debut next week.