You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lilyhammer

Chip Butty

Just finished season 2. The finale was brilliant with Paulie and the Sopranos theme. That was his wife from the Sopranos too right?

Kind of don't want to start season 3 yet since I haven't heard anything about a 4th. Don't want it to be over in a week.

• 2 weeks later...

i watched the final episode last night. i enjoyed it - but the shortness of the series, combined with how it tries to be lighthearted i think takes away from the gangster bits and there's no real tension in them. a nice little cameo by Johnny's other brother though.

It could definitely stretch the series to a couple of more episodes per season or alternatively cut the number of storylines as there were far too many crammed in there if I was being picky. They really could have spaced out the number of villains (over seasons really) and gave them more depth through air time and back story. It still worked as it is an excellent show but for me this season in particular it seemed to jump from one situation to another too much.

I love the lightheartedness of the show it's the one thing that sets it apart for me. The comedy timing of torgier especially is a joy to watch and I hope they renew for a fourth season. It has its serious moments but I think if they tried to make it too real it wouldn't work. They are after all a bunch of nice guy idiots with a mafia boss thrown in amongst them trying to make it work for him.

It could definitely stretch the series to a couple of more episodes per season or alternatively cut the number of storylines as there were far too many crammed in there if I was being picky. They really could have spaced out the number of villains (over seasons really) and gave them more depth through air time and back story. It still worked as it is an excellent show but for me this season in particular it seemed to jump from one situation to another too much.

I love the lightheartedness of the show it's the one thing that sets it apart for me. The comedy timing of torgier especially is a joy to watch and I hope they renew for a fourth season. It has its serious moments but I think if they tried to make it too real it wouldn't work. They are after all a bunch of nice guy idiots with a mafia boss thrown in amongst them trying to make it work for him.

agree with all that, just wish there was a little more to the wise guy moments, it all happens a bit fast and feels rushed.