You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

London (CNN)Stanley Johnson, the father of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, has said that he intends to obtain French citizenship -- his comments coming just hours before the UK's final transition out of the European Union.

Johnson, a former Member of the European Parliament, told French radio station RTL he "will always be European" in an interview aired on Thursday.
"It's not a question of becoming French. If I understood correctly, I am French," he told RTL in French, highlighting his family's link with the country.
    "My mother was born in France, her mother was entirely French as was her grandfather. So for me it's a question of reclaiming what I already have," he said of the decision to become a French citizen. "Therefore, I am very happy."

8 minutes ago, magicrat said:

London (CNN)Stanley Johnson, the father of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, has said that he intends to obtain French citizenship -- his comments coming just hours before the UK's final transition out of the European Union.

Johnson, a former Member of the European Parliament, told French radio station RTL he "will always be European" in an interview aired on Thursday.
    "It's not a question of becoming French. If I understood correctly, I am French," he told RTL in French, highlighting his family's link with the country.
      "My mother was born in France, her mother was entirely French as was her grandfather. So for me it's a question of reclaiming what I already have," he said of the decision to become a French citizen. "Therefore, I am very happy."

Colour me surprised. Self serving slug.

16 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Once a twat,always a twat

The Farage family have German passports.

He got them for his sons, his wife is German, he’s sheepish on if he has one, but he has definitely applied for one as he provided false info on the original application in 2016, the day after the referendum result! 

Anyone would think being a member of the EU had benefits for its members with behaviour like that.

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

In fairness, Stanley Johnson has always appeared to be pro European, siding with Remain during the referendum.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/31/stanley-johnson-confirms-application-for-french-passport-on-eve-of-brexit

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Massive massive dickhead. I hope the blerts who voted for him to stop these foreigners taking our jobs are happy with the way things are going. 

And here we hit on the real problem. Just like in America where trump could go out and rape and murder people on live TV, he could just call fake news and his MAGA supporters would back him. It's no different here. Those who've aligned themselves to Johnson over Brexit absolutely refuse to see him for the cunt he is. All they see are the flags. 

I will say that he is every bit as unimpressive and vacuous in person as the caricature you get on TV.

Alas, those of you who have likened his support (and by extension that of the Tories) to Trump are bang on. Unless the Lib Dems and Greens do the right thing and refrain from standing in any seats where they could be the difference between a Labour and Tory win, it’s going to be exceptionally hard to shift them - the US election offered a glimpse at just how hard, and I dare say that, for all his flaws, Joe Biden is a damn sight more personable than Kier Starmer.

The thing that has shocked me most about Johnson is that we were sold this image of him being a massively intelligent and likeable man's man who ran rings around the cream of the Oxford debating societies and would make mincemeat of any poor unfortunate that Labour had the cheek to put up against him at PMQ's. The truth couldn't be more different, with him appearing to be a dense, bumbling idiot who appears to be unable to even read a script, and with a personality that would lead you to pretend to go the loo and fuck off home if he sat next to you in a pub.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Whenever I see this thread I feel it’s title is incomplete and should have an ‘is a cunt’ at the end. 

Boris Johnson PM? Fuck that shit with Herpes. 

Someone's having a real laugh...a scarecrow for PM? 

8 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

1,000 deaths a day, how has this guy still got a job,

I think they weighed the losses of not having a Christmas shopping period with prospective deaths and the high Street won.

That's what everything comes down to in this country, money, even a pandemic has been used as an excuse to make money, whether it's been handing out contracts to pals or outriders gritfting with misinformation so they can get on telly, because they've got nothing else to offer. 

You can't ask cunts not to be cunts, it's the way they're wired and/or raised. 

Frog and the scorpion.

No, the real blame lies with everyone who voted for them. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why do we accept liars. Right across the board. All id like from the media is to highlight and inform us of blatant lies whenever they're told no matter who tells them. 

The problem is that the media is owned by liars too.

40 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Because he never gets called out on anything.

I think the coverage across the board, even the telegraph, have been scornful and critical at times, perhaps not as critical as the needless deaths of tens of thousands would warrant, but the criticism is there for all to see, if they choose?

And that’s the real issue, people are not prepared to put aside partisan thinking and think critically as he’s ‘their guy’ and to even countenance the idea that they could, just maybe, have been wrong is the worst thing imaginable.