You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

11 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Did you ever see Starmer’s interview with James O’Brien on his podcast? You can just tell he’d stab him in the neck if he got chance. 

Yeah decent watch that.

The only thing of contest is his opinion that the rest of the Tories didn't like where johnson was leading them.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, here’s the transcript…

‘I think that he is a complete bullshitter and I think he’s been found out.

“And I’m really struck with the partygate stuff, because it wasn’t just that he did things which broke the rules, it’s that he then took the piss out of the public with his ridiculous defences afterwards.

“And in the local elections I accept that not everyone on doors was saying ‘it’s that that’s done it for me’, but there was a general realisation that this guy bullshits. And if he’s bullshitting about that, he’s probably bullshitting about everything.

“And all this stuff about levelling up, when people can see there’s not much happening round near them, I think there’s this sense that this guy doesn’t mean a word that he says, and that goes very, very deep, very deep.

“That’s why I don’t think there was ever any way back for him from that. And I think it’s really good for the country that we’re seeing the back of it.”

Looking back..partygate was definitely the key.

And he was that arrogant he couldn't understand why people could be so upset about it.

There is even a comment on the BBC website saying all he did was eat a piece of cake.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Looking back..partygate was definitely the key.

And he was that arrogant he couldn't understand why people could be so upset about it.

There is even a comment on the BBC website saying all he did was eat a piece of cake.

That's the soundbite they've ran with and tory voters have ran with that along with Beergate. The cunt was balls deep in beak, ale and birds while people had to teach their grandparents what facetime is so they could have company. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That's the soundbite they've ran with and tory voters have ran with that along with Beergate. The cunt was balls deep in beak, ale and birds while people had to teach their grandparents what facetime is so they could have company. 

Hopefully that wil be how the history books see him

26 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, here’s the transcript…

‘I think that he is a complete bullshitter and I think he’s been found out.

“And I’m really struck with the partygate stuff, because it wasn’t just that he did things which broke the rules, it’s that he then took the piss out of the public with his ridiculous defences afterwards.

“And in the local elections I accept that not everyone on doors was saying ‘it’s that that’s done it for me’, but there was a general realisation that this guy bullshits. And if he’s bullshitting about that, he’s probably bullshitting about everything.

“And all this stuff about levelling up, when people can see there’s not much happening round near them, I think there’s this sense that this guy doesn’t mean a word that he says, and that goes very, very deep, very deep.

“That’s why I don’t think there was ever any way back for him from that. And I think it’s really good for the country that we’re seeing the back of it.”

Listening to this now, and I think people should listen to him in these sorts of things. Those on here who say they don’t like him, they should listen because he’s a genuine guy who is focused on winning an election so he can make things better for a country he actually gives a shit about. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

'beacon for Asian investors' 

Once again, the party of patriotism. 

Half of London is owned by the Russians and the Chinese. 

This is the shit I can't get my head around with their supporters. The evidence that they don't do what they say or care about the things they claim to care about is everywhere around you, all day, every day.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That's the soundbite they've ran with and tory voters have ran with that along with Beergate. The cunt was balls deep in beak, ale and birds while people had to teach their grandparents what facetime is so they could have company while they died. 

Added a bit there.

Partygate fucked them. Completely fucked them. There's a cabal of blowhards, full-on cultists who'll still make excuses for him because they're so in thrall to him, but I've always said you can be a lot of things in politics: dishonest, callous, ignorant, thick, arrogant, you name it - but one thing you can't be is a hypocrite. Repeatedly and flagrantly flouting rules that you set whilst the rest of the country (largely) follows them is an awful look, simply awful. They also fucked it with Beergate as well - that could have been a nice little line to distract from the worst of the accusations on the parties, but they got arrogant and decided to crystallise it in an attempt to bring Starmer down but in the end all they've done is enhance his standing.

The cost of living crisis is the final nail in the coffin, I hope. They just look chaotic, and on an issue that's affecting everyone to varying degrees it's just not going to work. Everyone - not just the woke lefties - wants serious leadership and ideas and they can see they're not getting them from the lunacy that is the tory party.

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

Added a bit there.

Partygate fucked them. Completely fucked them. There's a cabal of blowhards, full-on cultists who'll still make excuses for him because they're so in thrall to him, but I've always said you can be a lot of things in politics: dishonest, callous, ignorant, thick, arrogant, you name it - but one thing you can't be is a hypocrite. Repeatedly and flagrantly flouting rules that you set whilst the rest of the country (largely) follows them is an awful look, simply awful. They also fucked it with Beergate as well - that could have been a nice little line to distract from the worst of the accusations on the parties, but they got arrogant and decided to crystallise it in an attempt to bring Starmer down but in the end all they've done is enhance his standing.

The cost of living crisis is the final nail in the coffin, I hope. They just look chaotic, and on an issue that's affecting everyone to varying degrees it's just not going to work. Everyone - not just the woke lefties - wants serious leadership and ideas and they can see they're not getting them from the lunacy that is the tory party.

If he had just coughed up at the start they probally would have ridden it out.

Bit the way he lied and denied it to the point where there was actual photographs of him with a bottle of beer in his hand..

And the cunt was still saying he had done nothing wrong. 

I genuinely think this cut through to swing voters too.

It was only really the the true lost causes who continued to defend them

Just now, Arniepie said:

If he had just coughed up at the start they probally would have ridden it out.

Bit the way he lied and denied it to the point where there was actual photographs of him with a bottle of beer in his hand..

And the cunt was still saying he had done nothing wrong. 

I genuinely think this cut through to swing voters too.

It was only really the the true lost causes who continued to defend them

Because he doesnt think he did. Dont do as I do, do as I say.

Boris Johnson ‘believes he’ll be back as prime minister next year’ (msn.com)

Boris Johnson ‘believes he’ll be back as prime minister next year’

Christopher Hope - 1h ago

Boris Johnson privately believes he will be back in office next year, despite announcing his resignation after MPs rose up against his leadership two weeks ago.

Boris Johnson told MPs at his final Prime Minister’s Questions earlier this week: ‘Hasta la vista, baby’ - Gareth Fuller/PA Wire
© Gareth Fuller/PA WireBoris Johnson told MPs at his final Prime Minister’s Questions earlier this week: ‘Hasta la vista, baby’ - Gareth Fuller/PA Wire

Tim Montgomerie, a former aide to Mr Johnson who has since been critical of him, said he had been told by sources close to the Prime Minister that he was convinced he would be back.

In a well-sourced post on social media, Mr Montgomerie wrote: “Boris is telling aides that he’ll be PM again within a year.”

Mr Johnson told MPs at his final Prime Minister’s Questions earlier this week: “Hasta la vista, baby” and said it was “mission largely accomplished – for now”.

It comes as a row broke out among senior Conservatives about a campaign among party members to allow them a vote on whether Mr Johnson should continue as Prime Minister.

By Friday night, 7,600 members – all of whom have given their membership numbers – had signed a petition calling for the vote.

Lord Cruddas of Shoreditch, the former party treasurer who organised the petition, said “several MPs” had started to “make noises” about supporting his campaign.

Michael Fabricant, a Johnson loyalist, became the first MP to support the “Bring Back Boris” campaign, telling The Telegraph: “MPs have clearly misread the mood of the party membership on this and so many other matters.

“If I thought Boris were keen – despite the treachery of his ministers – to carry on, I would support Peter Cruddas’s campaign in the blink of an eye.”

One Cabinet minister loyal to Mr Johnson was also supportive, saying: “There is complete and utter despair and disbelief at what has happened. 

“It is no wonder that the grassroots members feel their voices have been cancelled out by a minority in the Parliamentary party.

These are the same people who year after year, decade after decade, have chosen to silence the membership of the Conservative Party for their own preferment and betterment. And that is wrong.”

The worry now will be that if more MPs come out in support of the campaign to bring back Mr Johnson it will undermine the leadership contest between Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss

As many as 50 Conservative MPs attended a lunch at Chequers with him last Sunday.

However, senior Tories broke cover to urge urging the membership to move on. Sir Robert Buckland, the Welsh Secretary, said: “The Prime Minister has stood down voluntarily. He is not playing any part in this leadership contest. He is not a candidate.

“The focus now is on bringing the party together and winning the next election under a new leader.”

Former minister Steve Baker said it was time for Mr Johnson to step in before the Government collapsed in what he described as a “Trumpian disaster”.

Mr Baker, who is backing Ms Truss in the leadership contest, said: “I implore members backing this campaign to think what would happen if they won and Boris continued as Prime Minister – the Government would immediately collapse.

“Whether we like it or not, Boris can only form a government because he is stepping down. If members press on with this pro-Boris plan, they just get Rishi. Certain individuals who dislike both candidates cannot deliver us into a Trumpian disaster of dysfunctional government.

“I hope Boris will thank Lord Cruddas for his support but will confirm that he does now need to give way. The political stability of the UK rests on this. I see no alternative than for Boris to pop this bubble before we have another political disaster.”

Number 10 declined to comment on Mr Montgomerie’s remarks or Lord Cruddas’s campaign.

7,500, and rising, Tory members have signed a petition to have Johnson on the ballot/reinstated as it wasn’t the ‘will of the people’ to have him removed, glorious irony.

This has the potential to be fucking hilarious with them all tearing lumps out of each other.

He’ll be the Tories Corbyn and we know how well that has gone…

• Upvote 1

The tories will always fuse back together for the sake of keeping their heads in the trough. The media help them to look more unified when election time comes rolling.  Corbyn looked like someone who might tip the trough over neither Labour or conservatives could have that. That's not to say Corbyn would of been a good choice infact but certainly a different one. Tired of the same old shite but mostly an electorate that ignores the evidence before their eyes.

I think the difference with corbyn is that at least johnson had the backing of the bulk of the party  until the end.

I think this is what johnson was hoping for and why he kept on referring to having a mandate from the people.

Hopefully it will tear the cunts apart.

Front page of the express today..got all the big decisions right,saved 1000s of lives,took back control (as can be seen by dover),funding the NHS, ranting about evil plots by remoaners  and remainiaks..all very trumpian and an almost stalinesque rewriting of history. 

Fitting that this cunt who’s been playing pretend prime minister for three years is spending his last month playing pretend pilot and now pretendy soldiers. Pew pew pew!

Detest him, an utter steaming fucking turd of a human. Shame the grenade didn’t fucking go off.

https://twitter.com/reece_dinsdale/status/1550908703897014273?s=21&t=a-EcV3W7LRslXOm9ek5iqA

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Front page of the express today..got all the big decisions right,saved 1000s of lives,took back control (as can be seen by dover),funding the NHS, ranting about evil plots by remoaners  and remainiaks..all very trumpian and an almost stalinesque rewriting of history. 

So Boris on the comeback trail already . Even if she had a functioning brain how the fuck does Truss , or anyone for that matter, deal with Johnson and the media cunts sitting in the back seat. It just mirrors Trumps grip on the GOP .

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

So Boris on the comeback trail already . Even if she had a functioning brain how the fuck does Truss , or anyone for that matter, deal with Johnson and the media cunts sitting in the back seat. It just mirrors Trumps grip on the GOP .

WhichAlertJay-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 1