You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

58 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The way the leadership vote works is that the MPs vote on the contenders until there are 2 left then it is put to the 250,000 members of the Tory party. There is now angry talk on WhatsApp  of members spoiling their ballot papers by adding back Johnson’s name. Probably won’t come to anything but could be interesting dilemma for the 1922 committee if that snowballs as an idea. I think this drama has got a way to go yet. This is why Major etc so keen for him to go now before these ideas take root. 

But if MPs get behind a single person before it's down to 2 or one of the 2 step aside, the members don't get a vote do they?

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

The way the leadership vote works is that the MPs vote on the contenders until there are 2 left then it is put to the 250,000 members of the Tory party. There is now angry talk on WhatsApp  of members spoiling their ballot papers by adding back Johnson’s name. Probably won’t come to anything but could be interesting dilemma for the 1922 committee if that snowballs as an idea. I think this drama has got a way to go yet. This is why Major etc so keen for him to go now before these ideas take root. 

Could they not just get it down to two contenders and then one of them drop out?

I'm sure that was how May got elected, or have they changed the rules since then? 

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Could they not just get it down to two contenders and then one of them drop out?

I'm sure that was how May got elected, or have they changed the rules since then? 

Yes, you’re right on both counts.

Thats why they’re talking about getting it done quickly and how they’d do it.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is the thing with the Tories. They're all acting like we've just found out he's a lying, deceitful, corrupt, selfish cunt. There's one on the BBC right now saying how they elected him "in good faith" and the interviewer said "but you knew who you were electing". 

Edit.... He's George freeman apparently, calling for Johnson to go now. 

As mentioned before,hopefully Labour will focus on this going forward . 

He was previously sacked twice for lying, he has had numerous affairs,he was caught on tape conspiring to get a journalist beaten up and at the spectator he was widely known for making stories up yet its took 2 and a half years for the people running the country to discover that maybe, just maybe, he is a bit of a fibber.

Hopefully starmer can ran home this messege.

I've already seen numerous oh they are all the same,type messeges, he needs to put distance between Labour and that shower of cunts.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

He was previously sacked twice for lying, he has had numerous affairs,he was caught on tape conspiring to get a journalist beaten up and at the spectator he was widely known for making stories up yet its took 2 and a half years for the people running the country to discover that maybe, just maybe, he is a bit of a fibber.

I've already seen numerous oh they are all the same,type messeges, he needs to put distance between Labour and that shower of cunts.

I saw one bellend on the NW bbc news who said something like "labour are no different, they do all kinds wrong. I can't think of anything now, but they're just as bad". It beggars belief really. I almost understand the cultists who just think he's done nothing wrong - they're just mental. I find it possible to understand those who know how bad this is, but dismiss it with some whataboutery without even a whatabout to refer too. We have so many whopping cunts in this country, it's truly depressing. 

12 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Yep, there's a lot of mileage in this for Labour.

The Tories have pointed the finger towards Corbyn whenever they wanted to score points or whenever they're in danger of losing a point.

Starmer now has the opportunity to lambast the Tories and blame Johnson and the cronies that backed him over just about everything  that's wrong in the country.

This is the opportunity to ram it home to the electorate.

Starmer needs to be ruthless and show the bastards up for what they are now because as far as gift horses go they don't come much better.

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I haven't watched his speech but did he really get people to come and cheer him? The fat fucking miserable piece of shit.

He really is a diseased turd from a fucked up bowel of a country isn't he? Johnson isn't the story, the story is what kind of society breeds, educates and allows such a social, spiritual and moral aberration climb to the absolute apex of our system. 

FXCwXRFXwAIYb5s.jpeg

Johnson's not going anywhere if he can help it. As he would already know, a lot can change in the political landscape in the few months he's just got himself, particularly given the current set of circumstances - war, the economy, Starmer resigning etc), and he'll banking on something happening in his favour.

We can only hope the vote of no confidence still takes place next week, before any shift happens.

6 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Johnson's not going anywhere if he can help it. As he would already know, a lot can change in the political landscape in the few months he's just got himself, particularly given the current set of circumstances - war, the economy, Starmer resigning etc), and he'll banking on something happening in his favour.

We can only hope the vote of no confidence still takes place next week, before any shift happens.

It might not even be luck. He's not against breaking the law or testing the constitution and I wouldn't bet against him kicking the can now to buy some time to try and find something he can go after - such as refusing to resign as PM when replaced as Tory leader. It might not be that, but that type of thing. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It might not even be luck. He's not against breaking the law or testing the constitution and I wouldn't bet against him kicking the can now to buy some time to try and find something he can go after - such as refusing to resign as PM when replaced as Tory leader. It might not be that, but that type of thing. 

I think his tenure can be defined by his picking holes in the unwritten, gentleman's agreement way our parliament works, to suit his own ends. Nothing seems to have happened over proroguing or contempt of parliament. If anything, it tells me that one of the first acts of a new Labour government / coalition needs to be to enshrine parliamentary standards in law.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's leaked today that he will remain as an MP, so I wouldn't put it beyond him to hold them hostage to get him a nice cushy number like Foreign Secretary, Duchy of Lancaster or some other high profile job, or be told 'fuck off, my Lordship and here's a pension for life and some ermine robes'

I'm not sure there is a way he can hold democracy to hostage, we don't do it here, he'd just be frog marched out and told to do one and I don't for one second believe he has the ability to rouse the rabble like his 'friends' did in the past.

The easiest way to accept this is that he's a vacuous chancer who wants his nice party at the big country pile and that is the extent of his ambition and vision and always really has been.

The worst case scenario is that he is so unhinged that he believes there may be a way to circumvent precedent and find a way to worm his way back in.

I think he's out of luck, friends and ideas and these are just the muscle memory flexs of a bona fide sociopath lashing out for reasons he'll never be able to understand as he has no reflective qualities.

In the meantime Blighty burns at the alter of his ego and myth.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I saw one bellend on the NW bbc news who said something like "labour are no different, they do all kinds wrong. I can't think of anything now, but they're just as bad". It beggars belief really. I almost understand the cultists who just think he's done nothing wrong - they're just mental. I find it possible to understand those who know how bad this is, but dismiss it with some whataboutery without even a whatabout to refer too. We have so many whopping cunts in this country, it's truly depressing. 

I find it strange when people say they are all as bad as each other  yet the Tories are almost consistently voted into power.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Yep, there's a lot of mileage in this for Labour.

The Tories have pointed the finger towards Corbyn whenever they wanted to score points or whenever they're in danger of losing a point.

Starmer now has the opportunity to lambast the Tories and blame Johnson and the cronies that backed him over just about everything  that's wrong in the country.

This is the opportunity to ram it home to the electorate.

Starmer needs to be ruthless and show the bastards up for what they are now because as far as gift horses go they don't come much better.

Definitely. 

He was mired in sleaze for 2 and a half a years,broke the law and lied to parliament and they almost solidly stood behind him.

He has got a mountain of ammo there to use against them.

This admission about seeing ledbedev(sp?)without his detail has also gone under the radar.

Apparently when raab was asked about it,he completely denied it.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He's leaked today that he will remain as an MP, so I wouldn't put it beyond him to hold them hostage to get him a nice cushy number like Foreign Secretary, Duchy of Lancaster or some other high profile job, or be told 'fuck of, my Lordship and here's a pension for life and some ermine robes'

I'm not sure there is a way he can hold democracy to hostage, we don't do it here, he'd just be frog marched out and told to do one and I don't for one second believe he has the ability to rouse the rabble like his 'friends' did in the past.

The easiest way to accept this is that he's a vacuous chancer who wants his nice party at the big country pile and that is the extent of his ambition and vision and always really has been.

The worst case scenario is that he is so unhinged that he believes there may be a way to circumvent precedent and find a way to worm his way back in.

I think he's out of luck, friends and ideas and these are just the muscle memory flexs of a bona fide sociopath lashing out for reasons he'll never be able to understand as he has no reflective qualities.

Will he want to continue as an MP though? I'd have thought he'd be looking at the millions he can make outside politics and will want a slice of that. There's no shortage of cash for an ex-PM and he will no doubt do some stealth lobbying if you know what I mean. Get paid extraordinary amounts of money or take favours in return for access to the political elite. If he's leaking he wants to continue as an MP it's because he's still working out how to stay on as PM. 

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Definitely. 

He was mired in sleaze for 2 and a half a years,broke the law and lied to parliament and they almost solidly stood behind him.

He has got a mountain of ammo there to use against them.

This admission about seeing ledbedev(sp?)without his detail has also gone under the radar.

Apparently when raab was asked about it,he completely denied it.

Here's the thing though, he was PM for 2.5 years, but covid bought him about 2 years of that. He's basically self destructed inside 6 months once his covid pass expired. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I don't know if it was mentioned in here but he never used the word resignation once.

Apparently when he went from the foreign office he hung  around  for 3 weeks so he didn't have to pay rent on his flat.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Will he want to continue as an MP though? I'd have thought he'd be looking at the millions he can make outside politics and will want a slice of that. There's no shortage of cash for an ex-PM and he will no doubt do some stealth lobbying if you know what I mean. Get paid extraordinary amounts of money or take favours in return for access to the political elite. If he's leaking he wants to continue as an MP it's because he's still working out how to stay on as PM. 

He can work as an MP, it went under the radar that they didn't actually change the law on second jobs, just made a huge fuss over it. May is making millions on the after dinner speech circuit.

Agree about the last point, he's being him and working out the best case fall out for himself.

Fucking hell, how, fucking how, did it ever get this bad?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Here's the thing though, he was PM for 2.5 years, but covid bought him about 2 years of that. He's basically self destructed inside 6 months once his covid pass expired. 

Even during covid he was a fucking disaster. 

I still can't believe how much that bodies piled high comment got swept under the carpet.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yup, nail on head!

It would have unravelled in weeks/months under normal circumstances, but he got 'lucky' having the distractions.

• Upvote 1