You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Ah I see. 

I'm guessing he'll do it. Or try at least. No way a guy who has coveted the job he's in, for most of his adult life is going to leave it without trying something desperate.

I legitimately have no idea, we're in uncharted territory, but he is defiant enough to try it and deluded enough to believe he'll still win.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

I legitimately have no idea, we're in uncharted territory, but he is defiant enough to do it and deluded enough to believe he'll still win.

I just can't see him tamely walking away

It's not in his dna 

He doesn't wanna go down as the pm who was ousted by his own colleagues 

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

It's not in his dna 

Even Thatcher was ousted by her colleagues . He's all bluster and will go once he knows that the rules will be changed and he'll lose.  Bollocks this talk of him calling an election regrettably 

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

It's not in his dna 

To be fair that could apply to multiple Tory PMs. Labour wins at general elections are a rarity now, so most Tory PMs will be stabbed in the back by their own. They're like Sith Lords.

21 minutes ago, magicrat said:

She has no chance . Much more worried about that witch Mordaunt 

I was really tempted to put money on her as the next PM, but I just checked the odds and I don't like betting on favourites as a general rule.

16 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

To be fair that could apply to multiple Tory PMs. Labour wins at general elections are a rarity now, so most Tory PMs will be stabbed in the back by their own. They're like Sith Lords.

True 

I just can't see his ego accepting him going quietly

Apparently they aren't changing the rules but there is to be a new executive 

Beeb just reported there’ll be a meeting of the 1922 committee on Monday where they’ll change the rules about a confidence vote and fuck him off then, if he hasn’t jumped or been pushed already.

If he does throw the last dice and calls for a dissolving of parliament and therefore a general election, it wouldn’t surprise me if the tories won it easily again, the British electorate are that thick.

I reckon Thatcher has been behind the whole thing. She's been kept pickled at Gateacre Conservative Club and issues instructions to Graham Brady through facial ticks. She did a deal with Corbyn years ago, who actually owns a Rolls Royce and is good friends with Alan Sugar, to sow the seeds of left wing discontent that would create fallow ground for the current crisis. 

9DFB.gif

• Upvote 2

If that scruffy cunt had anything about him, common sense never mind integrity, he'd know the game was up and fuck off right now, But given he lacks both of those qualities, and combined with his appalling lack of judgement and overmighty ego, I can see him hanging until the grim death when his own parliamentary party finally gets to vote him out next week.

49 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I reckon Thatcher has been behind the whole thing. She's been kept pickled at Gateacre Conservative Club and issues instructions to Graham Brady through facial ticks. She did a deal with Corbyn years ago, who actually owns a Rolls Royce and is good friends with Alan Sugar, to sow the seeds of left wing discontent that would create fallow ground for the current crisis. 

9DFB.gif

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/DN6J_SdfnQ1F11u-dH7J