You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My Dad is an extremely intelligent man. He texts in text speak. Winds me the fuck up. I pulled him up on it once and he was massively offended. "Spk ltr" 

I remember that Dave gorman doing a gag on this. He was saying all us middle aged people use text like it's English. Texting past the older generation by, but in the end they all got phones to keep in touch with their grandkids and the grandkids taught them how to text. Nobody told my ma like, it still takes her about 4 hours to send "how are you?". 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I remember that Dave gorman doing a gag on this. He was saying all us middle aged people use text like it's English. Texting past the older generation by, but in the end they all got phones to keep in touch with their grandkids and the grandkids taught them how to text. Nobody told my ma like, it still takes her about 4 hours to send "how are you?". 

"us" cheeky twat. I'm not middle aged. Neither are you. 

• Upvote 1

Lots of talk about an early election 

I reckon once we get into winter things are going to get even worse for a lot more people, so perhaps that's the thinking behind it?

Imagine the state of the country when he does eventually get volleyed out?

Doesn't bear thinking about

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nah, I turned 40 other day. Dead basically. 

RIP and all that 

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

You're middle aged ya cunt, just admit it!

And before you ask I'm 47, fucking old aged!

You've just started pal enjoy! 

• Upvote 1

As an aside I was in Tamworth yesterday. The constituency of Arse Pincher and I've not got any idea why it's a Tory stronghold. Apart from a castle and a snowdome it's a non-descript place. Actually it's the town with the highest crime rate in Staffordshire and there are some right shitholes in Staffordshire. Funnily enough sexual assault is the most common crime, so they've got the best representative in parliament I guess.

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

As an aside I was in Tamworth yesterday. The constituency of Arse Pincher and I've not got any idea why it's a Tory stronghold. Apart from a castle and a snowdome it's a non-descript place. Actually it's the town with the highest crime rate in Staffordshire and there are some right shitholes in Staffordshire. Funnily enough sexual assault is the most common crime, so they've got the best representative in parliament I guess.

I live 10 miles away from Tamworth.

It's a Tory stronghold for the same reason most similar places are now becoming Tory strongholds, Brexit, Immigration, Johnson being more popular than Corbyn/Starmer.

It's very much a working class Tory place now, and a good example of why Labour will struggle to ever get a majority again.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Lots of talk about an early election 

I reckon once we get into winter things are going to get even worse for a lot more people, so perhaps that's the thinking behind it?

Imagine the state of the country when he does eventually get volleyed out?

Doesn't bear thinking about

I reckon he believes he can win any general election, so if he feels the Tory's may topple him, he would see it as a way out to get a public mandate. I don't see their party wanting to go to the electorate with the polls as they are. But the shit that surrounds him is cult like, so you just don't know. 

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

They had a bunch of them on the news the other night ( ot sure which channel). They were mostly brexit whoppers or old people who you imagine have tattoos of the Queen on their arm. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The term ‘working class Tory‘ just revolts me. 

You get the feeling that it's not their own quality of life they're interested in, more a seething resentment of the conditions of certain other demographics that keeps them voting Tory.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

You get the feeling that it's not their own quality of life they're interested in, more a seething resentment of the conditions of certain other demographics that keeps them voting Tory.

Yep. Most the reasons are to worsen the lives of others.

Immigrants? You don't belong here.

Asylum seekers? You just take houses and money.

Benefit claimants? Get a job! (Even though workers on low pay and perversly the Tory demographic is the biggest 'strain' on the welfare system). 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon he believes he can win any general election, so if he feels the Tory's may topple him, he would see it as a way out to get a public mandate. I don't see their party wanting to go to the electorate with the polls as they are. But the shit that surrounds him is cult like, so you just don't know. 

They had a bunch of them on the news the other night ( ot sure which channel). They were mostly brexit whoppers or old people who you imagine have tattoos of the Queen on their arm. 

Despite what the current polls say, I'm pretty sure he would cling on and win another election, a bit like Blair managed to cling on in 05 despite the war in Iraq.

Unfortunately they have a really good balance of traditional wealthy areas and the poorest areas in the country voting Tory.

It will be interesting to see when they do trigger an election. I've read a few stories suggesting that they are waiting on the outcome of the Keir Starmer investigation, and may go for it then if Starmer resigns.

Briefcase Wanker impersonator Sebastian Payne’s book Broken Heartlands tries to examine the phenomenon of former Labour seats turning blue in 2019. 

He was on Politics Live this week and succinctly explained that places that had collective forms of employment in the North and Midlands prior to deindustrialsation under Thatcher,  now live much more individualistic styles of life and have actually become more Thatcherite. 

The bigger cities have seen some of the benefits of regeneration and multiculturalism, but overall the North is one of the poorest regions in Western Europe.  And they voted for the people who’ve inflicted it on them. 

253F721C-57C0-4295-A207-BDCD140B84D7.jpeg

0E75044D-C423-4ACE-8C93-F28C45C87FBC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Despite what the current polls say, I'm pretty sure he would cling on and win another election, a bit like Blair managed to cling on in 05 despite the war in Iraq.

Unfortunately they have a really good balance of traditional wealthy areas and the poorest areas in the country voting Tory.

It will be interesting to see when they do trigger an election. I've read a few stories suggesting that they are waiting on the outcome of the Keir Starmer investigation, and may go for it then if Starmer resigns.

Maybe they would hand on. I feel absolutely certain though more toxic stories sit around the corner and his enemies (like Cummings for sure) have more on him to release at key moments. 

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe they would hand on. I feel absolutely certain though more toxic stories sit around the corner and his enemies (like Cummings for sure) have more on him to release at key moments. 

The thing is, I don't think it would make that much difference. I've said this before but unless he commits an act of terrorism or child sexual abuse, the bad behaviour of Johnson is factored in with the majority of his voters.

I think some people have been getting a bit too carried away with recent bi election results. The seats that the Lib Dems won recently will go back to the Tories in a general election, the Red Wall does seem a bit harder to call, particularly as a number of those mps are reportedly considering moving over to Labour. I still think Keir Starmer is the wrong man to try and win those seats back, and that could be a factor.

50 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I don't know 

I think he has massively under estimated the repercussions of party gate.

If he won after the last few year's of utter disasters, I would just give up.

46 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Briefcase Wanker impersonator Sebastian Payne’s book Broken Heartlands tries to examine the phenomenon of former Labour seats turning blue in 2019. 

He was on Politics Live this week and succinctly explained that places that had collective forms of employment in the North and Midlands prior to deindustrialsation under Thatcher,  now live much more individualistic styles of life and have actually become more Thatcherite. 

The bigger cities have seen some of the benefits of regeneration and multiculturalism, but overall the North is one of the poorest regions in Western Europe.  And they voted for the people who’ve inflicted it on them. 

253F721C-57C0-4295-A207-BDCD140B84D7.jpeg

0E75044D-C423-4ACE-8C93-F28C45C87FBC.jpeg

I genuinely can't get my head around it

I'm guessing there must be a few factors involved,the decline of traditional industries and the emasulation of the unions.

I think labour lost a lot of support during the Blair/brown year's when the party moved to the centre and many parts of the North fell behind.

So as a protest they moved further to the right.

However why would you vote for a party who' has made your life considerably worse over the last 10 years?

19 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The thing is, I don't think it would make that much difference. I've said this before but unless he commits an act of terrorism or child sexual abuse, the bad behaviour of Johnson is factored in with the majority of his voters.

I think some people have been getting a bit too carried away with recent bi election results. The seats that the Lib Dems won recently will go back to the Tories in a general election, the Red Wall does seem a bit harder to call, particularly as a number of those mps are reportedly considering moving over to Labour. I still think Keir Starmer is the wrong man to try and win those seats back, and that could be a factor.

I know what you're saying, but I think each scandal just chips away slightly every time of those who are still prepared to support him. I do also think momentum is important in politics and once it seems a party just can't be trusted any more, I think it swings quite quickly - a kind of tipping point, it goes slowly, slowly, until it just goes. My gut feel is there is a chance that this is what we're seeing right now. It doesn't mean it will get there, there's lots of time to go and you've always got the "a week is a long time in politics" which is probably more true today than ever. But they're in a mess. And for once they are maybe not in charge of their own destiny. They're usually pretty good at getting rid when they need to, they even did it with Thatcher. But this cunt has a real cult around him and absolutely no shame, so I'm not so certain the Tories are in control as much as they'd like. 

• Upvote 1