You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

With those percentages you could possibly see more Tory seats lost if tactical voting holds.

Tactical voting is the big thing. I know the parties in a GE will never talk publicly about it, but you would like to think there is someone somewhere who can put together a big campaign for the next election via social media that taps into that message. 

We have to get rid of FPTP. 

20 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

The thing is, if he goes we'll see the standard Conservative party "nothing to do with us" cover up where they claim he's some kind of rogue who doesn't represent them. 

The only difference with him, is that he's so thick it's obvious he's lying.

They replace him with someone who seems at least vaguely rational and sensible, which let's face it wouldn't be hard, and then I can see them winning the next election as well.

I also think, Labour long term also have a huge issue, if they get in power soon they will be the ones left holding the bag if/when everything really turns to shit with the economy and then the Tories will go with their full on "Labour are irresponsible with finance" shit and get back in.

Maybe I'm just getting way too pessimistic as a result of the majority of my life being stuck under the rule of a bunch of lying Tory shit bags but I can't shake that people simply don't see what is and has really gone on.

Feel like we're stuck with a perpetual cycle of mostly being stuck with Tory cunts in power who would happily allow any injustice or pain on the electorate no matter what it is, as long as they can blame someone else and make a few quid out of it. 

Edit: Don't disagree with you that we need these fuckers out in however that is achieved. However, I sadly think all it would likely be is a temporary reprieve until the populous resume there standard motif of voting heavily to be heavily shafted up the arse. 

Yep. I've been saying it since he got into power. He will be the ultimate sacrificial lamb when they decide they want rid and will point the fingers at him. I expect a few of his front bench to get jibbed as well, then they will have someone like Hunt in there fresh faced and 'trustworthy' and the rebrand will see them win the next election and the cycle goes on. 

It's no coincidence that Gove has been barely visible lately. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yep. I've been saying it since he got into power. He will be the ultimate sacrificial lamb when they decide they want rid and will point the fingers at him. I expect a few of his front bench to get jibbed as well, then they will have someone like Hunt in there fresh faced and 'trustworthy' and the rebrand will see them win the next election and the cycle goes on. 

Hunt would be ideal though because you can get the message of he can't be trusted with brexit into the minds of the electorate and they potentially lose those labour/brexit votes Johnson brought them. 

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Every week at PMQs we see this, don't we? 

Q: 'Prime Minister, how many times have you or anybody from the government met the union to avoid these strikes'

A: 'we have created the strongest economy in the world, and we've had the fastest vaccine rollout, and I think people want to get to work, and he is supporting people not going to work'. 

Okay, thanks Boris ol' bean. I'd just punch the cunt the third time he did that, shouting 'answer my fucking question or your eye comes out of its socket'. I'd not last long as LOTO. 

Yep rehearsed lines then throws random shit back at Labour.

"Mr Prime Minister, what time is it?"

"There they go again we have the fastest growing economy in the world, the fastest vaccine roll-out, record payroll employment, 40 brand new hospitals 20,000 extra police and all captain hindsight wants to do is stop people from being able to tell the time!" 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't see Gove as electable, he's so odd and barely even seems human. He has to be one of the creepiest people on the planet, absolutely makes my skin crawl every time I see him on anything.

If he turned out to have a fridge full of heads and was caught wearing other people's skin I wouldn't be surprised at all.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hunt would be ideal though because you can get the message of he can't be trusted with brexit into the minds of the electorate and they potentially lose those labour/brexit votes Johnson brought them. 

That and the reason the NHS is in such a pitiful state is directly linked to him.

He's clean of these chancers, he isn't clean though and there's a lot you could lean on.

2 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I don't see Gove as electable, he's so odd and barely even seems human. He has to be one of the creepiest people on the planet, absolutely makes my skin crawl every time I see him on anything.

If he turned out to have a fridge full of heads and was caught wearing other people's skin I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Rumours he's gone to sort out a few of his demons. 

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

That and the reason the NHS is in such a pitiful state is directly linked to him.

He's clean of these chancers, he isn't clean though and there's a lot you could lean on.

Yeah, but the thing with the NHS he will be able to brush off and blame Alex and covid. His biggest weakness for them imo is the brexit angle. The trouble is, I don't know if Starmer and labour would choose to exploit it. 

8 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Neither do I and don't see him in the post but I reckon he pulls a lot of strings behind the scenes.

But as has just been pointed out, he could just be on a comedown. 

35 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

The thing is, if he goes we'll see the standard Conservative party "nothing to do with us" cover up where they claim he's some kind of rogue who doesn't represent them. 

The only difference with him, is that he's so thick it's obvious he's lying.

They replace him with someone who seems at least vaguely rational and sensible, which let's face it wouldn't be hard, and then I can see them winning the next election as well.

I also think, Labour long term also have a huge issue, if they get in power soon they will be the ones left holding the bag if/when everything really turns to shit with the economy and then the Tories will go with their full on "Labour are irresponsible with finance" shit and get back in.

Maybe I'm just getting way too pessimistic as a result of the majority of my life being stuck under the rule of a bunch of lying Tory shit bags but I can't shake that people simply don't see what is and has really gone on.

Feel like we're stuck with a perpetual cycle of mostly being stuck with Tory cunts in power who would happily allow any injustice or pain on the electorate no matter what it is, as long as they can blame someone else and make a few quid out of it. 

Edit: Don't disagree with you that we need these fuckers out in however that is achieved. However, I sadly think all it would likely be is a temporary reprieve until the populous resume there standard motif of voting heavily to be heavily shafted up the arse. 

Without a shadow of a doubt,if they get in,they will be accused of being responsible for the utter disaster left behind by johnson

It was the same last time when for about 3 years every single tory partoted the line..Well we need to make cuts as Labour crashed the economy. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, but the thing with the NHS he will be able to brush off and blame Alex and covid. His biggest weakness for them imo is the brexit angle. The trouble is, I don't know if Starmer and labour would choose to exploit it. 

Lammy has quietly started to brief Labour policy on post Brexit engagement so I think they'll be more vocal on it once the shit starts coming home to roost and they can say 'Look, this is how you have to do it' or somesuch.

Treads the line well that they 'respect the will of the people' bellends, whilst showing the tories up as useless.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm really heartened by how poorly Labour did in Tiverton and how badly Lib Dems did in Tiverton. We are finally fucking getting it. If you want to beat the Tories, you've got to stop splitting the vote. 

Was going to post something along these lines. I’m not a fan of Starmer. But a Labour government or a coalition with the Lib Dems simply has to be better than the current corrupt, incompetent shitshow. And tactical voting definitely seems to be the way forward. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Was going to post something along these lines. I’m not a fan of Starmer. But a Labour government or a coalition with the Lib Dems simply has to be better than the current corrupt, incompetent shitshow. And tactical voting definitely seems to be the way forward. 

What would be ideal if we could have a coalition that actually works and can drive away belief that PR undesirable because it brings weak government and coalition is nothing to be afriad of. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

If a coalition/electoral pact with the Lib Dems is a precursor to PR I fully agree .  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

If a coalition/electoral pact with the Lib Dems is a precursor to PR I fully agree .  

I'd rather have a civil war to be honest. I'm pretty sure we could take on Kent and Surrey. 

Go down there in our Dukes of Hazard gear and clout them all over the head with a flat pint.

• Upvote 2

The Tories will change their leadership challenge rules and rid themselves of the bag of piss in the Autumn.

We’ll have a new leader, apparently contrite and wanting to put Johnson’s mistakes behind us as we move forward (all the while going full Norsefire).

A worrying number of the population will buy it, because they love a good doff.

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'd rather have a civil war to be honest. I'm pretty sure we could take on Kent and Surrey. 

Go down there in our Dukes of Hazard gear and clout them all over the head with a flat pint.

We probably supply Kent and Surrey with most of their cocaine, so an embargo would bring them to their knees.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I hope he hangs on for that reason ALTHOUGH the public are quite stubborn and don't go back once they change their minds.

I can see utter chaos and bickering till GE day and they'll probably struggle to get anything through parliament which will make them look 'weak'.

Realistically it's a coalition that gets rid of them, they need to bin FPTP if so to keep the cancer of politics out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheSire said:

I hope he hangs on for that reason ALTHOUGH the public are quite stubborn and don't go back once they change their minds.

I can see utter chaos and bickering till GE day and they'll probably struggle to get anything through parliament which will make them look 'weak'.

Realistically it's a coalition that gets rid of them, they need to bin FPTP if so to keep the cancer of politics out.

I think a coalition is the best chance of getting rid of them but the swayed or stay away tory regulars would jump right back into the ballot box with them if they had a fresh start. 

Any Lib Dems on here reckon a coalition is realistic? @Pidge I know it was your first vote for them but what do you think? 

51 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The Tories will change their leadership challenge rules and rid themselves of the bag of piss in the Autumn.

We’ll have a new leader, apparently contrite and wanting to put Johnson’s mistakes behind us as we move forward (all the while going full Norsefire).

A worrying number of the population will buy it, because they love a good doff.

Will they want him leading them into their conference though? That's not till October. And surely they won't want to pull the plug in September unless they've got a single candidate so they don't have to take it to the party members? 

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think a coalition is the best chance of getting rid of them but the swayed or stay away tory regulars would jump right back into the ballot box with them if they had a fresh start. 

Any Lib Dems on here reckon a coalition is realistic? @Pidge I know it was your first vote for them but what do you think? 

I'm not a lib dem, but of course they'd go into coalition like they did with the Tories, like most MPs they want the power. I'd imagine if labour win a minority, the SNP and the lib Dems will be climbing over each other for the chance to make a government. In the long term interests of the country imo, the lib Dems would make the better partner as their cost of support is likely to be PR. The SNP an independence vote. Speaking purely from an English perspective, we need that like a hole in the head right now. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The sight of me in my Daisy Dukes would have them all running for the hills.

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not a lib dem, but of course they'd go into coalition like they did with the Tories, like most MPs they want the power. I'd imagine if labour win a minority, the SNP and the lib Dems will be climbing over each other for the chance to make a government. In the long term interests of the country imo, the lib Dems would make the better partner as their cost of support is likely to be PR. The SNP an independence vote. Speaking purely from an English perspective, we need that like a hole in the head right now. 

I know but they were so adamant that they wouldn't last time..... 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I know but they were so adamant that they wouldn't last time..... 

You mean with when they got into bed with the Tories? If so, I think that's because there'd been a mood change away from labour and they were trying to give themselves the best chances of an extended stay. No dissimilar to now but in reverse obviously. Personally I want PR and if we go in that direction, a party like theirs is going to need to work out how to get along with people, it has no choice as they can't win outright now, but there's a chance they'll have more seats under that system.