You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

I was in the licensed trade 18 months man and boy. Greatest compliment I've ever been paid was back in 02/03 or thereabouts when some real ale drinkers were in (this was before it became trendy) and wouldn't let anyone pull their pints but me, even thought it was busy. "No thanks love, we'll wait for the lad."

Been pulling off old men ever since. 

• Upvote 4

Damn!

The resignation letter is a doozy...

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/22061443/lord-geidt-to-pm.pdf

Part of the letter.

'This week, however, I was tasked to offer a view about the government’s intention to consider measures which risk a deliberate and purposeful breach of the ministerial code. This request has placed me in an impossible and odious position. My informal response on Monday was that you and any other minister should justify openly your position vis-à-vis the code in such circumstances. However, the idea that a prime minister might to any degree be in the business of deliberately breaching his own code is an affront. A deliberate breach, or even an intention to do so, would be to suspend the provisions of the code to suit a political end. This would make a mockery not only of respect for the code but licence the suspension of its provisions in governing the conduct of Her Majesty’s ministers. I can have no part in this.'

25 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Damn!

The resignation letter is a doozy...

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/22061443/lord-geidt-to-pm.pdf

Part of the letter.

'This week, however, I was tasked to offer a view about the government’s intention to consider measures which risk a deliberate and purposeful breach of the ministerial code. This request has placed me in an impossible and odious position. My informal response on Monday was that you and any other minister should justify openly your position vis-à-vis the code in such circumstances. However, the idea that a prime minister might to any degree be in the business of deliberately breaching his own code is an affront. A deliberate breach, or even an intention to do so, would be to suspend the provisions of the code to suit a political end. This would make a mockery not only of respect for the code but licence the suspension of its provisions in governing the conduct of Her Majesty’s ministers. I can have no part in this.'

After taking a job to work for Boris Johnson, I was shocked to find out that I was working for Boris Johnson.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, skend04 said:

DePfefell now wants to breach WTO rules. As if any further proof was needed that he's totally unfit to run even a lemonade stand outside his front lawn.

It's not just him, it's every single tory who backed him last week. Shameless evil scum. 

Something surely has to give. I'm sure I just heard on the news on the radio that number 10 are saying that the law had been changed by the time Geidt was asked. No shame whatsoever. Hopefully Geidt knows a bit more, necks a bottle of whisky this afternoon then starts tweeting. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Wakefield by election coverage.

There's a reason we have stereotypes. They're usually accurate.

Screenshot_20220616-075450_BBC News.jpg

That's another example of what I find most irksome about the way politics is covered in all our media: John and Jane don't have any say whatsoever in whether or not Boris Johnson remains in office, so why even ask their opinion on it?

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's another example of what I find most irksome about the way politics is covered in all our media: John and Jane don't have any say whatsoever in whether or not Boris Johnson remains in office, so why even ask their opinion on it?

Tbf indirectly they do.

It was the likes of fuckwits like that,that got him an 80 seat majority in the 1st place

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Tremendous. 

It's always amusing hearing their reasons for voting Tory in the Red Wall. Usually something along the lines of 'we've had a Labour MP for years but he's done nothing about unemployment or the fact we need a new hospital'.

Like blaming your village druid for the crimes of the Roman Empire. 

You could make a decent drinking game out of it actually, a shot of Sourz everytime a northern Tory voter makes a claim that makes absolutely no sense. You'd look like Richard Harris after about fifteen minutes. 

My favourite one was a couple from Nottingham I think who said they were sticking with him as he was 'upfront'

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Tbf indirectly they do.

It was the likes of fuckwits like that,that got him an 80 seat majority in the 1st place

Very, very indirectly. People like John & Jane gave the Tories a majority; Tory MPs and members made Boris Johnson Prime Minister.

Nobody has ever seen his name on a ballot paper in Wakefield and they never will. Why not ask them about, y'know, the candidates they can vote for?

This Geidt stuff is going to be ropey as shit.

They’re already scrambling and throwing out disinformation lines, so something is afoot, especially the phrasing of the response letter.

From what I can make out it’s about steel tariffs and WTO trading terms, terms the proper Brexit loons were originally keen to embrace. Numerous steel firms have given a LOT of money to the Tories recently, and benefited from government largess already, some receiving bailouts during the pandemic and loans etc. 

Geidt is only to do with ethics so should only have been consulted about public office ethics so the plan must have been formed already. 

My bet is corporate welfare for companies linked to donors, with lots of added incentives, whilst putting tariffs up for others essentially creating monopolies within markets artificially, which contravenes all types of international trade laws.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They’re already scrambling and throwing out disinformation lines, so something is afoot, especially the phrasing of the response letter.

From what I can make out it’s about steel tariffs and WTO trading terms, terms the proper Brexit loons were originally keen to embrace. Numerous steel firms have given a LOT of money to the Tories recently, and benefited from government largess already, some receiving bailouts during the pandemic and loans etc. 

Geidt is only to do with ethics so should only have been consulted about public office ethics so the plan must have been formed already. 

My bet is corporate welfare for companies linked to donors, with lots of added incentives, whilst putting tariffs up for others essentially creating monopolies within markets artificially, which contravenes all types of international trade laws.

Zaibatsu

*  you do and you'll clean it up 

• Upvote 2

Asked if former MP Imran Ahmad-Khan has tarnished the reputation of Conservatives in Wakefield, Tory candidate Nadeem Ahmed said: "The people of Wakefield understand there's bad apples... look at Harold Shipman. He committed suicide in Wakefield prison, but do we trust our doctors?"

On 16/06/2022 at 17:58, Bruce Spanner said:

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's a horrible cunt isn't he? Yet he will no doubt survive for some time yet. 

Also, Times running with he tried to have Carrie, at the time his mistress, promoted well above her station on a six figure salary.

I’m sensing a pattern…

• Upvote 1

On one of those Wakefield vox pops a couple of week ago some fella comes on and says of Johnson "he's a buffoon...but we like a buffoon around here". 

That's his appeal, upper-middle aged men and fawning women love that he's an incompetent, fat, ugly, buffoon who is promoted far above his ability and gets away with shit.  The men subconsciously imagine it might be them in the same position so are happy to egg him on, the women imagine it could be their son or husband.

Can't wait until he's gone but fear it's a long way off yet.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Question Time went back to their quest for virality by having middle age men spewing racist and trump-esque points about them there foreigners coming over here taking our four star hotels.

In other news.

QT was embarrassing. In a Labour stronghold the production team still managed to find an audience of Kippers.