You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

Brexit merged two antithetical forces: a Conservative party that traditionally convenes around pillars of the British establishment and a demagogic insurrection that defines itself as a scourge of the establishment. Johnson’s campaigning talent was to represent both things at once. But it was an illusion, a spell that can’t be recast once broken. No wonder so many Tory MPs are disoriented and alarmed. They know Johnson is a problem, but also that removing him will expose how much deeper the problem goes. They remade their party in the image of a leader without conscience, integrity or values beyond the desperate pursuit of power. So they don’t like this disreputable “Boris” character that they now see in front of them? They are looking in the mirror.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Brexit merged two antithetical forces: a Conservative party that traditionally convenes around pillars of the British establishment and a demagogic insurrection that defines itself as a scourge of the establishment. Johnson’s campaigning talent was to represent both things at once. But it was an illusion, a spell that can’t be recast once broken. No wonder so many Tory MPs are disoriented and alarmed. They know Johnson is a problem, but also that removing him will expose how much deeper the problem goes. They remade their party in the image of a leader without conscience, integrity or values beyond the desperate pursuit of power. So they don’t like this disreputable “Boris” character that they now see in front of them? They are looking in the mirror.

Fuck me, Raphael Behr posts here!

We’re in esteemed company, chaps.

Boris Johnson's ex-girlfriend issues two-word view on his chances of winning next General Election

When asked can he win the next election, she said: "No, absolutely not."

I wish at least 1 journalist had the balls to correct these simpletons up and down the country who claim johnson 'got brexit done '

It's also quite staggering that his claim that he 'would do it all again 'ultimately proving how worthless his apology was, has garnered such little headlines.

Hosted a champagne party with Carrie for the fashion industry at number 10 earlier  tonight. Apparently after being told of a new sustainable mushroom leather fabric Johnson sprang to his feet and made a short speech telling his fashion industry audience tbe very first suit worn by man was made around the corner and he's been reading a wonderful book about all of Britains different types of mushrooms.

I'm beginning to wonder if she's making a career for herself as a minor celebrity and he will crash and burn while she parachutes out...

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

This new buy a house on benefits policy they're pushing this morning is already falling apart. The number crunchers have quickly calculated the highest mortgage benefits would stretch is 106 grand; if you had the deposit. 

He's busy solving problems that don't need solving, while the actual problems go on untouched. He's now 100% taking the piss knowing there won't be a review for 12 months.

15 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Letters page from yesterday’s Telegraph. He’s beyond fucked. (Some proper bonkers contributions amongst the vitriol).

84F5F8B1-84A5-4C6D-958F-CC19BF27A62D.jpeg

He used to write for the Telegraph but now they detest him, the Daily Mail used to hate him but now they love him, not sure the reason for the turnaround.

This mornings tory bollocks on homes is to flout an idea where people who have no hope of getting a mortgage buy an affordable home which does not exist and who's price would make them unattainable for someone on Universal Credit if they actually did exist. 

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Buying a house is probably the last thing on most people's minds on that income band at the moment, not losing the one they have - or being able to use the stove - is probably top priority. 

It's madness. You've got daily stories of people not being able to meet just the basics of living and now you're giving them the opportunity to not being able to meet their mortgage payments too.

I can't see this giveaway going down well anywhere to be honest. Tories voters will be fuming about "more handouts to the unemployed" and others will be thinking I need help to pay bills now.

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It's madness. You've got daily stories of people not being able to meet just the basics of living and now you're giving them the opportunity to not being able to meet their mortgage payments too.

I can't see this giveaway going down well anywhere to be honest. Tories voters will be fuming about "more handouts to the unemployed" and others will be thinking I need help to pay bills now.

People think about buying houses and stuff when the going's good. That's why it's good to avoid recessions etc. 

The problem is a simple one. We're led by a lying narcissist who's psychologically and mentally incapable of giving a shit about anyone else, even his own wives and kids. He's surrounded himself by people who were hand picked for being too thick to replace him.

But

All the above was known a long time ago, and the British public chose to vote him in anyway. So it really is our fault, there's no escaping that simple fact. He was a wolf in wolf's clothing.

Me personally, even if I thought someone was 'funny' or a 'bit of a lad' or 'would like to go for a pint with them' - as many of the cretins who vote for people like him and Farage like to bleat about - when it comes to the content of my wallet, or how long I'm expected to wait for a brain scan, or whether or not my nan has frozen to death - I place stuff like competence, truthfulness and brainpower slightly higher. 

If people don't, then what follows is on them.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

All the above was known a long time ago, and the British public chose to vote him in anyway. So it really is our fault, there's no escaping that simple fact. He was a wolf in wolf's clothing.

Me personally, even if I thought someone was 'funny' or a 'bit of a lad' or 'would like to go for a pint with them' - as many of the cretins who vote for people like him and Farage like to bleat about - when it comes to the content of my wallet, or how long I'm expected to wait for a brain scan, or whether or not my nan has frozen to death - I place stuff like competence, truthfulness and brainpower slightly higher. 

If people don't, then what follows is on them.

I know I'm being picky but I didnt vote for the cunt, but your last line is how I see it. All of this is on those that voted for him.

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Letters page from yesterday’s Telegraph. He’s beyond fucked. (Some proper bonkers contributions amongst the vitriol).

84F5F8B1-84A5-4C6D-958F-CC19BF27A62D.jpeg

Hahahaha, so they cheered in Ukraine in the middle of a Russian shelling session when they heard that the cunt won his vote of no confidence?!

Fucking hell. Make your jackanory a tiny bit more believable, love. 

For as long as I live I'll never forget those red wall fuckwits who helped give him a 90 seat majority.

Even the other day there was some tory mp from somewhere in Lancashire,I think,on 5 live saying he had numerous constituents coming up to him saying what a great job 'our boris, 'was doing.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I know I'm being picky but I didnt vote for the cunt, but your last line is how I see it. All of this is on those that voted for him.

Yep, me neither, I mean us as a nation. 

As I've said before and make no apologies for it - the only morsel of comfort I take from it all is that everyone will suffer alongside us, whereas usually Tory voters are careful to ensure they'll be insulated from the repercussions of their decision when they put an X in the box.

Johnson and his movement's scorched Earth will spare nobody. 

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Hahahaha, so they cheered in Ukraine in the middle of a Russian shelling session when they heard that the cunt won his vote of no confidence?!

Fucking hell. Make your jackanory a tiny bit more believable, love. 

Well here is Zelenskys right hand man immediately after the vote. 

Transmit the above to a general election campaign.