You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Whats this? has the report come out? 

He has it, will be released generally soon.

It has been branded an update on the investigation by Gray though, so that presents intrigue of a sort and means that this isn't it.

Initial stuff flying around that update published, fixed penalties issued, full report published and then legal proceedings at anybody beyond the fixed penalties as it's been leaked that she may have found out people had been told to/done off their own back deleted emails and texts relating to it which is a criminal offence.

We'll see, I'm skeptical.

Of 16 parties investigated by Sue Gray only four are not being investigated by the police and so 12 "have reached the threshold for criminal investigation" which explains why there's no real benefit in releasing the full report at this point.

They'll still manage to weasel their way out of it but it's more damning than I was expecting.

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Seems a bit pointless publishing in its current form. It's damning, but vague.

Agreed, but my expectation was for it just to be vague so damning is a bit of a bonus.

The criminal thing is a bit of a red herring because it'll just result in fines for people but there's enough there for people to hold the government to task and try and force the full report to be published once the met has done it's bit. 

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Where’s that? There website is saying “Is that it Sue”? 

Guess the hope is the dribbling masses will read the headline (which I presume is a reference to the amount of detail in the report rather than the conclusions that can be drawn) and that will placate them.