You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Champions of Europe said:

It's a shit show isn't it. 

It certainly is, although I wouldn't worry about leaving without some sort of deal if I was you. BJ like those before him are just full of Bluster as they try to sound like Churchill. You just have to remember that the majority of Parliament don't want to leave without a deal as they know the probably outcome of that. BJ will soon see that his fake words will only get him so far.  

1 hour ago, Champions of Europe said:

Well yes I wouldn't lump the greens in with the tories, I mean they're fucking evil bastards mostly. But generally speaking politicians are in it for themselves, in my opinion. 

I can see that you don't actually know many politicians.

18 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I can see that you don't actually know many politicians.

I do have standards.

Fucking hell you've got some neck you cry bully.  if ever there were a bunch of cunts that sold out for power, it's the mob you cling to. The tories are evil but your bunch are fucking vile.

Ask any student. Come an actual election I'd expect your bunch to get their lying arses handed to them again, and yes I'll apologise here if I am wrong. 

You've started me laughing now, so thanks for that.

7 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

I do have standards.

Fucking hell you've got some neck you cry bully.  if ever there were a bunch of cunts that sold out for power, it's the mob you cling to. The tories are evil but your bunch are fucking vile.

Ask any student. Come an actual election I'd expect your bunch to get their lying arses handed to them again, and yes I'll apologise here if I am wrong. 

You've started me laughing now, so thanks for that.

I'm not much interested in your political opinions, which I can see are really first rate. I was taking issue with your nonsensical claim that most politicians are in it for themselves.

Having known a great many politicians, from all parties, I know just how ridiculous a statement like that is.

6 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I'm not much interested in your political opinions, which I can see are really first rate. I was taking issue with your nonsensical claim that most politicians are in it for themselves.

Having known a great many politicians, from all parties, I know just how ridiculous a statement like that is.

Ha, Mr cry bully trying to be all superior when he supports such a disgraced party. You win the day, well done. Like on previous accounts you now go back on ignore before you start negging my early posts and crying in the member's area that I hurt your feelings. 

6 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Ha, Mr cry bully trying to be all superior when he supports such a disgraced party. You win the day, well done. Like on previous accounts you now go back on ignore before you start negging my early posts of crying in the member's area that I hurt your feelings. 

Sorry, I don't know who you are, what your issue with me may be, what a "cry bully" is, or how it pertains to me.

19 hours ago, moof said:

Who is this moderate leader guaranteed to win an election? Starmer? Miliband? Cooper? Jess Phillips?

I don’t see that it’s any more likely someone like that can win an election in the current climate, nor how much use it would be to us.

Which genuine alternative will address the real issues facing the planet in 2019? Corporate power, media corruption, climate change, immigration, democratising the economy, global wealth inequality, standing up to fascism... it’s all good and well saying “any labour govmt is better than any Tory govmt” but what happens when we’re 5 years further down the road still desperately clinging on to a violent, crumbling system? 

Labour pre-Corbyn was an austerity supporting neoliberal party, and as soon as they get rid of him they will lurch heavily back to the right.

Your points are valid and I can understand people want the issues you raise addressed now but I think 5 years down the road is not as much of a concern as defeating this utterly despicable right wing shower of shit at the next election .It's too late for all of it if they win again and whilst I hate pandering to the mainstream analysis of Corbyn as a communist dictator in waiting for me personally I am at the point where the Labour party does need one of the names you mention to appeal to the middle ground that will vote LD or even Tory to "stop Corbyn". 

I have placed pragmatism ahead of idealism which many will disagree with but I think the times demand it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Your points are valid and I can understand people want the issues you raise addressed now but I think 5 years down the road is not as much of a concern as defeating this utterly despicable right wing shower of shit at the next election .It's too late for all of it if they win again and whilst I hate pandering to the mainstream analysis of Corbyn as a communist dictator in waiting for me personally I am at the point where the Labour party does need one of the names you mention to appeal to the middle ground that will vote LD or even Tory to "stop Corbyn". 

I have placed pragmatism ahead of idealism which many will disagree with but I think the times demand it.

Labour, and left wing politicians in general around the world, need to offer two things; competence and hope.

If they are not active enough they don’t offer enough of the hope to young people and some of the disillusioned, if they’re too  shouty they scare off the barely scraping by and the liberal minded middle classes.

It’s a trickier balancing act than it should be, considering the right has been lying to people for centuries to vote against their own and national interests, but there you go.

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I have a question...

What is a 'cry bully'? 

Someone who uses the perceived righteousness of a social justice cause as a pretext to abuse others, and then plays the victim when confronted about that abuse.

A person who engages in intimidation, harassment, or other abusive behaviour while claiming to be a victim.

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

He's just dropped the 100k immigration target. Boss and all the Kippers will be having kittens, all those hoardes and their low wages coming to a town near you!

I'll never voted UKIP in my life arsehole.

57 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Someone who uses the perceived righteousness of a social justice cause as a pretext to abuse others, and then plays the victim when confronted about that abuse.

A person who engages in intimidation, harassment, or other abusive behaviour while claiming to be a victim.

Oh. As you were.

32 minutes ago, skend04 said:

He's just dropped the 100k immigration target. Boss and all the Kippers will be having kittens, all those hoardes and their low wages coming to a town near you!

Any apology forthcoming for spreading pure lies there fella?