You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

The damage to society 'subconsciously', spiritually, morally, whatever you want to call it if he's allowed to walk away Scot free is unquantifiable. Even if everyone 'moves on', the country will never be the same again. The rule of law will just be a phrase. 

At absolute best, some staffer at number 10 will get a fine or something, once the Gray report is made public.  BJ won't face any charges on the basis that he did not organise any of the parties and was merely in attendance at them for 25 minutes etc.  

BJ will then be credited for his handling of other aspects of the pandemic and the vaccine rollout, and things will carry on.

If there was enough muck to take him down, he'd already be gone.  

53 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

The entire system is based around the pm at.least pretending to be a decent human being. 

Johnson has totally shown this to be the sham that it is.

If Labour do get in, they need to draft a legally enforceable constitution and set of standards for parliament. I think most of it is run on unwritten assumptions of how a gentleman should behave. Weren't the Tories found in contempt of parliament a couple of years back? Fuck all happened (or was said) about that, but I'm not sure what actually could have been done, legally.

Just now, Rushies tash said:

If Labour do get in, they need to draft a legally enforceable constitution and set of standards for parliament. I think most of it is run on unwritten assumptions of how a gentleman should behave. Weren't the Tories found in contempt of parliament a couple of years back? Fuck all happened (or was said) about that, but I'm not sure what actually could have been done, legally.

This.

Labour getting in would be the last possible chance of stopping the Tories from destroying any framework to oppose the government.  

I'm betting Labour unions will be deemed illegal on grounds of antisemitism. 

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Don't disagree. I'm just pissed off with the outrage about it. It's a non fucking story.

Well, he prioritised animals over humans, which even if you're vegan, is still a pretty crazy list of priorities. Then he brazenly liked about it. It is a story.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Well, he prioritised animals over humans, which even if you're vegan, is still a pretty crazy list of priorities. Then he brazenly liked about it. It is a story.

I make the choice not to eat meat because I don't really see my life as being more worthy than theirs. So.... *shrug*

The lying part? Well, it's like the old joke isn't it. How do you tell if Boris Johnson is lying. His lips are moving. Non story. Bigger things to deal with. Let's keep the main thing, the main thing. 

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

I make the choice not to eat meat because I don't really see my life as being more worthy than theirs. So.... *shrug*

Just out of interest, if you could either save a human being or a cow from death, but only one of them, would you have a dilemma choosing which one?

24 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I honestly domt understand why there isnt a totally independent body which looks at these types of incident.

How can a civil servant do an impartial report on her own boss which he can redact as he sees fit anyway?

The whole system is ludicrous. 

It was like when he was called a liar in parliament. 

The cunt literally lies on an hourly basis but you are not allowed to point it out thanks to some antiquated system.

Like a said the one thing johnson has done is shown what a charade system it all is.