Quantcast
Boris Johnson - Page 18 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Section_31

Boris Johnson

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Gordon mate, they aren't incompetent. They will do exactly what is expected of them. Hand picked to do so.

Had you said 'terrible cunts' then I would agree.

Many of those he has surrounded himself with are incompetent mate. Perform shit and end up in the cabinet or staying in your job. 

More worrying is the amount of MP's/Arse lickers in the Media/ and common people who believe Johnson will bring the country together, absolutely mind boggling that they trust or believe in the charlatan. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gavin Williamson sacked for allegedly leaking secrets from a National Security Council meeting, therefore breaking the official secrets act/law is back as a cabinet minister. 

There really is no accountability for these cunts. 

It doesn't matter what you have done, as long as you are a cunt you are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gavin Williamson and priti Patel back in cabinet. Williamson was sacked 84 days ago, I've had staff on sick leave longer.

 

The worry is Johnson fails to get Brexit done( I dont want it done by the way) then asks for a general election on the pretext he's done everything he can with his hardline Brexit cabinet and asks the people to back him. Potentially we get a ludicrously right wing government for 5 years and a no deal Brexit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any government that has McVey in its cabinet can IMO be regarded as evil. 

 

With a majority of the country voting to leave the EU they can hardly be regarded as a 'coup' unless of course, you're part of the then minority that voted against leaving. If anything the 'coup' could have been the previous cabinet that ignored the referendum. I'm just saying. 

 

Playing devil's advocate there, I'd be completely happy to see a tory party completely destroyed but the opposition looks to be in a mess too. If I could, I'd jump ship and move........ almost anywhere but here. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

 

 

Terrifying thread. It really is. How have we got here, how do we divert?

 

It really is a terrifying prospect, particularly when you have a load of people who are only interested in politics due to Brexit and have no other interest. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's a secret anywhere that there's a very real chance of a general election soon. As an option for shutting this down, with a reported 75% of MPs wanting to remain in some form or another. 

 

We need the betting threads back, this could be the shortest PM appointment in history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champions of Europe said:

If anything the 'coup' could have been the previous cabinet that ignored the referendum. I'm just saying. 

Invoking Article 50, trying to prevent Parliament from having a meaningful vote and negotiating a deal does not a coup make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Invoking Article 50, trying to prevent Parliament from having a meaningful vote and negotiating a deal does not a coup make. 

Both accusations of a coup are as ridiculous as each other in my opinion. I'd welcome some form of military coup right now, it couldn't be that much worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

I don't think it's a secret anywhere that there's a very real chance of a general election soon. As an option for shutting this down, with a reported 75% of MPs wanting to remain in some form or another. 

 

We need the betting threads back, this could be the shortest PM appointment in history. 

Why would he call a General Election now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Why would he call a General Election now? 

He wouldn't, but I was reading that there might just be enough to push through a vote of no confidence in the government if they proceed with 'no deal' 

 

I'm not sure when a 'vote of no confidence' can be called of course.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

He wouldn't, but I was reading that there might just be enough to push through a vote of no confidence in the government if they proceed with 'no deal' 

 

 

 

Let's hope so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

The Liberal Democrats have tabled a no confidencemotion in new Prime Minister Boris Johnson - hours after he took power.

New Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson put down the motion in a high-profile attack on the Tory who has threatened a No Deal Brexit on October 31. 

The text of the Lib Dem motion says: "That this House has no confidence in the Prime Minster; rejects the option of the UK crashing out of the EU; and rejects the option of Parliament being prorogued before Friday 8 November 2019."

But the motion is NOT the same as a full-blown no confidencemotion in Her Majesty's Government - which would be capable of triggering a general election.

Insteadit is only an Early Day Motion designed to voice opinions on issues of the day, without a House of Commons debate.

And it has a near-zero chance of success anyway without the backing of Jeremy Corbyn ,who as leader of the opposition, can secure debating time in the Commons.

 

 

Ms Swinson wrote to Jeremy Corbyn urging him to back the motion. But a Labour spokeswoman hit back: "As Jo Swinson well knows, a no confidencevote now will only strengthen Boris Johnson's hand and further his march towards no deal.

 

 

Quote

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"This is childish and irresponsible game playing by the Lib Dems who are more interested in attacking Labour than stopping no deal."

 


If the government were to lose a proper no confidence vote in Her Majesty's Government, and fail to win round MPs, it would be toppled after 14 days forcing a general election.

Jeremy Corbyn called such a no confidence vote in the government in January, but it failed by 19 votes after Theresa May's allies - 10 DUP MPs - sided with her to keep her in power.

Six months later, a no confidence vote is far more likely to defeat the government after a string of Tories defected - leaving Mr Johnson with a working majority of two.

But Labour is wary of calling a vote too soon and seeing it fail again.

While there's no legal limit on multiple no confidence votes, their political impact will diminish each time they fail.
 

Yesterday one Labour source poured cold water on the idea there will be a no confidence vote today.

They said Labour needs to give the Tories room to generate their own fallout before attempting to inflict the final blow.

“It needs to fester,” they said. “But the option obviously remains if there is some huge game changer.”

Parties had to decide by 7pm yesterday whether to launch a no confidence vote in the government before Parliament's summer recess - which starts tonight.

Now that deadline has been missed, it's thought the soonest a no confidence motion could prompt a House of Commons vote is in early September. That in turn could trigger a general election less than a week before the deadline for Brexit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

A who's who of the some of the most hateful humans in the country.

 

12 hours ago, Champions of Europe said:

They all do it, every single party. They are all in it for themselves, some might not be like that at the start but they either fade away or turn eventually. Any slight benefits that we feel are usually as a by-product of their greed.

 

They all spend small fortunes analysing the votes they get in elections and then more small fortunes paying people to come up with the words they need to say to attract the most votes. 

 

 

 

Not sure it's entirely fair to lump, for example, The Green Party in with the Tories.

 

They're not all the same. Not even remotely close. Look at their voting records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

A who's who of the some of the most hateful humans in the country.

 

 

Not sure it's entirely fair to lump, for example, The Green Party in with the Tories.

 

They're not all the same. Not even remotely close. Look at their voting records.

Well yes I wouldn't lump the greens in with the tories, I mean they're fucking evil bastards mostly. But generally speaking politicians are in it for themselves, in my opinion. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Champions of Europe said:

Well yes I wouldn't lump the greens in with the tories, I mean they're fucking evil bastards mostly. But generally speaking politicians are in it for themselves, in my opinion. 

 

 

I think a lot of them certainly are, but it's easy enough to see who is and who isn't. 

 

Voting records and donations received are easy to find online. 

 

Some cunt is talking about the environment but takes money from fracking companies - confirmed fraud, and like you say only in it for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I think a lot of them certainly are, but it's easy enough to see who is and who isn't. 

 

Voting records and donations received are easy to find online. 

 

Some cunt is talking about the environment but takes money from fracking companies - confirmed fraud, and like you say only in it for themselves.

Not just that, career politicians, those climbing the greasy ladder, looking ahead to that chief executive job or a place in the house of lords. Maybe I'm just an old cynic when it comes to politicians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champions of Europe said:

He wouldn't, but I was reading that there might just be enough to push through a vote of no confidence in the government if they proceed with 'no deal' 

 

I'm not sure when a 'vote of no confidence' can be called of course.

 

 

 

 

I was reading an article where they said any Vote of no Confidence would have to be put in before they break up for summer recess this week, otherwise if they put one in after that it would overshoot the latest Brexit deadline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

I was reading an article where they said any Vote of no Confidence would have to be put in before they break up for summer recess this week, otherwise if they put one in after that it would overshoot the latest Brexit deadline. 

Parties had to decide by 7pm yesterday whether to launch a no confidence vote in the government before Parliament's summer recess - which starts tonight.

Now that deadline has been missed, it's thought the soonest a no confidence motion could prompt a House of Commons vote is in early September. That in turn could trigger a general election less than a week before the deadline for Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Parties had to decide by 7pm yesterday whether to launch a no confidence vote in the government before Parliament's summer recess - which starts tonight.

Now that deadline has been missed, it's thought the soonest a no confidence motion could prompt a House of Commons vote is in early September. That in turn could trigger a general election less than a week before the deadline for Brexit.

They were saying the PM can decide and therefore delay it until after the deadline. I'll see if I can find the article where it was all explained. 

Bollocks, can't find it. The way they explained things just showed how complicated things could get and the fact if a VONC was put in after the summer recess then ultimately the PM could use delaying tactics to make sure he could try and force a No Deal through on Oct 31'st deadline. Although I doubt anything will be getting forced through myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They were saying the PM can decide and therefore delay it until after the deadline. I'll see if I can find the article where it was all explained. 

Bollocks, can't find it. The way they explained things just showed how complicated things could get and the fact if a VONC was put in after the summer recess then ultimately the PM could use delaying tactics to make sure he could try and force a No Deal through on Oct 31'st deadline. Although I doubt anything will be getting forced through myself. 

It's a shit show isn't it. 

 

There's also this option of a pact with Farage, with seat selection and the ultimate aim being the destruction of the Labour party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×