You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

i thought any double vaccinated people were supposed to crack on with a negative LFT. 

The rules have changed that often I've lost track.

My Son in Law who is unvaccinated  tested positive on Tuesday but my Daughter who is vaccinated, after informing her boss still had to go to work.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah but the other candidates are even more evil and that’s the worrying thing because they will get a free run once they lay all the blame on this Cunt: 

The election won’t be won or lost on how they have behaved it will be won or lost on how much they can convince the voter that Labour will be a worse option. 

They may be more evil, but they are much, much more predictable and don't resort to outright gaslighting as a way of governing, you can't fight that as you're forever chasing shadows.

They are easier to track, hold down and call out, none are as brazen and ideologicaly bankrupt as the fat slob, they believe what they believe, he believes nothing apart from self preservation, self enrichment and self promotion.

Everything, every institution, office or authority is weakened by his presence as they see his morality, leadership, oversight and ethics lacking and will assume that is the order of the day, even if it's only by degrees. Their actions and the perception of them are seen through the prism of his behaviour. I think the PPE scandal wouldn't have happened under anybody else in the brazen way it did, they did it because they believed the rules don't apply as they don't to the boss, he created that culture.

10 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

The rules have changed that often I've lost track.

My Son in Law who is unvaccinated  tested positive on Tuesday but my Daughter who is vaccinated, after informing her boss still had to go to work.

on that description, it sounds like johnson should have gone to work today. 

There’s a photo of the clown on LinkedIn with one of their ‘Open to Work’ frames.

Once I’d got over the hilarity of it, less than a nano second, I had a gander at some of the comments. At least half, maybe more, were supportive of him. 

In conclusion, LinkedIn is at least half full of cunts. 

I've seen loads of jokes and memes flying round about this and I can't fight the sinking feeling that this is partly how the cunt gets away with it, time and again. If people (myself included, if I'm honest) took him seriously and held him to reasonable standards of accountability - basically, treated him as if he's the Prime Minister - he'd have been out on his fat arse ages ago. Instead, we all have a good laugh about daft old BoJo, bless 'im, and then we forget about it and move on.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've seen loads of jokes and memes flying round about this and I can't fight the sinking feeling that this is partly how the cunt gets away with it, time and again. If people (myself included, if I'm honest) took him seriously and held him to reasonable standards of accountability - basically, treated him as if he's the Prime Minister - he'd have been out on his fat arse ages ago. Instead, we all have a good laugh about daft old BoJo, bless 'im, and then we forget about it and move on.

For me it's totally on the  utter creitns who voted him in.

All this.. what he lied stuff ?is almost surreal.. the cunt lost 2 jobs through lying..he has been an utter disaster at almost every job he has done and all through his political life all he has done is bluster and not deliver on his empty promises.

He has the integrity and compassion of a rattle snake and he even hid in a fridge to avoid being asked a question.

Despite all of the above ,the british public in their wisdom,voted him in with a landslide majority.

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

For me it's totally on the  utter creitns who voted him in.

All this.. what he lied stuff ?is almost surreal.. the cunt lost 2 jobs through lying..he has been an utter disaster at almost every job he has done and all through his political life all he has done is bluster and not deliver on his empty promises.

He has the integrity and compassion of a rattle snake and he even hid in a fridge to avoid being asked a question.

Despite all of the above ,the british public in their wisdom,voted him in with a landslide majority.

He did twat that little Japanese kid though, so it all balances itself out.

• Upvote 1

'LONDON — Prime Minister Boris Johnson of Britain, bruised by scandal and faced with an alarming rise in coronavirus cases, is refusing to change course. “We have a chance,” he bullishly proclaimed on Jan. 4, “to ride out this Omicron wave without shutting down our country once again.”

Public health experts may disagree. Yet Mr. Johnson is at least being consistent — not only with his conduct throughout the pandemic, where lockdowns were a last resort and restrictions were to be shelved as soon as possible, but also with the political platform that elevated him to the highest office. After all, this is the man who rose to power — bringing about Brexit in the process — on the promise to restore “freedom” and “take back control.”

Undeterred by the pandemic, Mr. Johnson has been quietly pursuing that agenda. But instead of reforming the country’s creaking democracy and shoring up Britons’ rights, he and his lieutenants are doing the opposite: seizing control for themselves and stripping away the freedoms of others. A raft of bills likely to pass this year will set Britain, self-professed beacon of democracy, on the road to autocracy. Once in place, the legislation will be very hard to shift. For Mr. Johnson, it amounts to a concerted power grab.

It’s also an answer. Mr. Johnson is a political chameleon, and his true ideological bent — liberal? one-nation Tory? English nationalist? — has long been a subject of speculation. Now he has, beyond any doubt, revealed who he really is: a brattish authoritarian who puts his personal whims above anything else. And whatever his future, Britain will be remade in his image.

Amid the chaos wrought by the pandemic, Brexit tumult and increasing questions about the stability of Mr. Johnson’s individual position, the full scale of the impending assault on civil liberties has — understandably — not yet come into focus for much of the British public. The list of legislation is long and deliberately overwhelming. But pieced together, the picture is bleakly repressive.

First, there’s the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, a draconian and broad piece of legislation that effectively bans protest in England and Wales. The police would be equipped to shut down demonstrations that create “serious disruption.” Those who break this condition, which could be done just by making noise, would face prison sentences or hefty fines. Combined with other measures, such as outlawing traditional direct-action tactics like “locking on,” the bill could eventually make it almost impossible to attend a demonstration without committing an offense.

Yet it goes beyond protest, putting minority groups in the cross hairs. New trespass provisions, which make “residing on land without consent in or with a vehicle” a criminal offense, would essentially erase nomadic Gypsy, Roma and Traveler communities from public life. And the expansion of police powers would not only allow officers widespread access to private education and health care records, but also pave the way for suspicionless stop and search. Ethnic minority communities, disproportionately singled out for police attention, are likely to bear the brunt of such overreach.

Similarly punitive is the Nationality and Borders Bill. Stiffening Britain’s already hawkish immigration policy, it seeks to criminalize asylum seekers who take unsanctioned routes: Refugees who arrive by boat, for example, could face up to four years in prison, regardless of the validity of their claim for safe haven. And if claimants escape traditional jail, they would be kept in concentration camp-style housing and offshore processing centers, sites long denounced by human rights activists.

Not even British citizens are safe from the dragnet. A provision slipped into the bill in November by its architect, the home secretary, Priti Patel, would endow the government with the power to remove British citizenship from dual nationals without notice. Those singled out might not even have recourse to the law: Proposed reform of the Human Rights Act would make it easier for the government to deport foreign nationals and deny them claims of mistreatment.

Such draconian measures, in time, are sure to be contested. But the government has a plan for that: draining the life blood from democracy. There’s the Elections Bill, which — alongside potentially disenfranchising millions through the introduction of mandatory voter ID — aims to furnish the government with new powers over the independent elections regulator, sealing up the political process. Unless substantially amended, the bill could have constitutionally far-reaching consequences.

The urge to centralize power also underlies the Judicial Review and Courts Bill, which would enable Mr. Johnson and his ministers to overrule judicial review findings that challenge their agenda. The Online Safety Bill, ostensibly designed to regulate Big Tech, is yet to be introduced to Parliament. But many free-speech advocates fear that it could be used to silence critics on social media, censoring those reporting details Mr. Johnson’s government would rather keep from public view. No more pesky judges or overly inquisitive journalists interfering with government business.

It’s a truism that nations sleepwalk into tyranny, and England — the most politically powerful of the nations that make up Britain — is no exception. For decades it has possessed all the necessary ingredients: ever more spiteful nationalism, press fealty sold to the highest bidder and a fervent, misplaced belief that authoritarianism could never set up shop here, because we simply wouldn’t let it.

In this event, though, concerted opposition to Mr. Johnson’s plans has not materialized. Establishment politics have been no match for the determination of Mr. Johnson and his allies: A hefty and largely supportive Conservative majority means that even when the Labour Party has decided to oppose legislation, its votes have barely counted. And despite valiant efforts by a coalition of grass-roots groups and the initial groundswell of the “Kill the Bill” protests, a mass movement opposing these bills has failed to come together. Instead, a miasma of grim inevitability has settled in.

That’s dangerous, not least because this authoritarian assault is so comprehensive that once settled as law, it will prove very tricky to unpick. Like many leaders who seek to transcend the constraints of democracy, Mr. Johnson may not foresee a future where he isn’t the one calling the shots. But the miserable shadow his power grab will cast over Britain is likely to last far longer than the tenure of the would-be “world king” himself.

His place in the history books, however, is secured. He will forever be the libertine whose pursuit of personal freedom and “control” saw his countrymen robbed of theirs'

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/opinion/boris-johnson-britain-bills.html

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

Cheers mate. It’s a free for all then!  

this cunts going to get away with it again isn’t he? 

It makes sense politically for both parties to want him to stay, for them he’s the excuse they need when they decide a new broom and image is needed, for ‘us’ he’s fucking awful and doing irreparable damage.

Cost/benefit ratios all round, fuck the country!