You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The useless, fat, blowhard isn't going to grace parliament with his presence today at the sleaze debate, probably has better things to do like sleaze or something.

Absolute cretin.

When the going gets tough, the tough run away and hide.

For a man who is so obsessed with Churchill and a belief in the great man theory you have to wonder just how high his levels of delusion have to be for Johnson to believe that he himself is some great towering figure. 

7 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

For a man who is so obsessed with Churchill and a belief in the great man theory you have to wonder just how high his levels of delusion have to be for Johnson to believe that he himself is some great towering figure. 

Can't say people didn't know what they were getting when they voted for the fridge-hiding sack of shit.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The useless, fat, blowhard isn't going to grace parliament with his presence today at the sleaze debate, probably has better things to do like sleaze or something.

Absolute cretin.

Absolute cunt.

BuT It WouLd Be WoRsE UnDeR LaBoUR

Terminally-ill people dying before benefits paid

Around 100 people denied fast-tracked disability benefits for terminal illness died challenging the decision.

Currently, patients can access benefits more quickly if their clinician says they have six months or less to live.

In July the government promised to extend that to 12 months. Critics said it did not go far enough.

"Our priority is dealing with people's claims quickly and compassionately," the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) said.

End-of-life charity Marie Curie said it had "serious concerns about the DWP's ability to recognise when a claimant was approaching the end of life and was in desperate need of support".

Christine McCluskey in hospital the day before she died

Christine McCluskey died weighing around 3st (19kg), her daughter Michelle said

Christine McCluskey, from Dundee, Scotland, had a history of illnesses including Crohn's Disease, osteoporosis, and suffering a stroke in 2005.

She was told her PIP would be stopped and that DWP would try to recoup an overpayment of Employment Support Allowance after a physical assessment, which described her as having a "slim build" and being a "pleasant lady to assess".

She weighed around 5st 6lbs (34.4kg) at the time and was being fed by a drip, her daughter Michelle said.

Then she received a terminal lung cancer diagnosis in July 2018.

She submitted a form from her doctor to the DWP about her separate terminal diagnosis but a letter came back in September 2018, a month later, to say that information - the form - required her to start a fresh claim. She died the same day aged 61.

Michelle believes the application process needs to change so fast-tracked support can be paid automatically to people with a terminal diagnosis.

It was "degrading" for a person to need to submit a form putting a time frame on their own death, she said.

Michelle, who previously shared pictures of her mother with national newspapers to highlight her experience, said: "You just have to look at her to see she wasn't well and that was before she had cancer."

In February 2019, a tribunal ruled Christine's PIP should not have been cut. The DWP paid the arrears owed.

7 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Around 100 people denied fast-tracked disability benefits for terminal illness died challenging the decision.

Currently, patients can access benefits more quickly if their clinician says they have six months or less to live.

In July the government promised to extend that to 12 months. Critics said it did not go far enough.

"Our priority is dealing with people's claims quickly and compassionately," the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) said.

End-of-life charity Marie Curie said it had "serious concerns about the DWP's ability to recognise when a claimant was approaching the end of life and was in desperate need of support".

Christine McCluskey, from Dundee, Scotland, had a history of illnesses including Crohn's Disease, osteoporosis, and suffering a stroke in 2005.

She was told her PIP would be stopped and that DWP would try to recoup an overpayment of Employment Support Allowance after a physical assessment, which described her as having a "slim build" and being a "pleasant lady to assess".

She weighed around 5st 6lbs (34.4kg) at the time and was being fed by a drip, her daughter Michelle said.

She submitted a form from her doctor to the DWP about her separate terminal diagnosis but a letter came back in September 2018, a month later, to say that information - the form - required her to start a fresh claim. She died the same day aged 61.

Michelle believes the application process needs to change so fast-tracked support can be paid automatically to people with a terminal diagnosis.

It was "degrading" for a person to need to submit a form putting a time frame on their own death, she said.

Michelle, who previously shared pictures of her mother with national newspapers to highlight her experience, said: "You just have to look at her to see she wasn't well and that was before she had cancer."

In February 2019, a tribunal ruled Christine's PIP should not have been cut. The DWP paid the arrears owed.

I'm fucking furious reading that. That poor woman, how dare those bastards rob her of her dignity!

Soulless box ticking, money grabbing fuckheads! It should never be down to some bureaucrat from ATOS or Capita or Serco to decide if someone is unfit for work, it should be decided by medical professionals.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I hate that, in a thread about the most useless lying shitbag in British political history, it's the use of "literally" in this sentence that's annoyed me.

I agree but I think that war is lost. Literally used to be a useful but very specific word but is now just a bland filler e.g “I’m literally on the phone right now” . However it’s lost to us now, I’m signing up for the new battle against starting every sentence with “so”. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I agree but I think that war is lost. Literally used to be a useful but very specific word but is now just a bland filler e.g “I’m literally on the phone right now” . However it’s lost to us now, I’m signing up for the new battle against starting every sentence with “so”. 

Best of luck. I'm fighting the new front of "basically".

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Narcissism is a hell of a drug.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Can't say people didn't know what they were getting when they voted for the fridge-hiding sack of shit.

They voted for "get em out" remember 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Unfortunately a certain ilk of society will say something like "survival of the fittest" or words to that effect. You know like Covid, those due to die or meant to die will die and the rest of us can carry on regardless. People like that ruin humanity. Utter cunts 

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Best of luck. I'm fighting the new front of "basically".

So basically the use of those words is literally fucked. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If Patterson gets a peerage there should be fucking riots.

He's put his brother, billionaire best mate who does him lots of favours, a women who lost her seat for being fucking useless, a significant donor and the Russian son of a 'former' KGB officer in to the lords within the past couple of years, getting this cunt in won't see him give a second thought.

The nation will give a collective shrug and then be told to focus on the squirrel...

42 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yet you still have knobheads who think he's a bit of a character, a bit of a bloke and funny.

Dominic Raab was on GMTV before and asked why hardly any MPs turned up to the debate yesterday and he made some blag up saying they had some urgent work to process which was more important behind the scenes.

All true, what did people expect from his background? As with all his Tory chums they all believe they are above the rules and when confronted simply reveal their contempt. Being seen waltzing around a hospital without a mask was a nice touch, a real two fingers moment.

Geoffrey Cox working a 35 hour week located in the British & Virgin Islands for a month whilst not remotely representing his constituency really sums them up. Just to add insult he'd only left his role in the government a couple of months earlier and saw no conflict in representing the BVI in a corruption investigation being carried out by the foreign office.

Under this lot I'd peg us as being somewhere back in the 18th century. Corn laws revolt anyone?