You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

‘if they even voted and also the general level of political awareness of others in the uk or that area. I’d guess that the 2 young lads and the foreign girl didn’t vote for starters, or even give a fuck.’

You made assumptions about their awareness, intentions and motivations.

From my ivory tower it looks like you’re calling them out as politically illiterate/apathetic/thick, how’s the view from yours? 

I “guessed” that. As clearly stated. You assumed they were probably Tory based on where they are from, which the video led you to do. 

Never entered my mind to call them thick, and nor would I think that of someone who doesn’t follow politics or vote - that’s your projection. Towards them and people who vote differently than you it seems.

Edit - it was you calling the whole uk thick earlier as I remember now actually. Most illiterate in the developed world or something. At least you’re here to raise the mean intelligence of all us plebs though.

1 minute ago, belarus said:

I “guessed” that. As clearly stated. You assumed they were probably Tory based on where they are from, which the video led you to do. 

Never entered my mind to call them thick, and nor would I think that of someone who doesn’t follow politics or vote - that’s your projection. Towards them and people who vote differently than you it seems.

Edit - it was you calling the whole uk thick earlier as I remember now actually. Most illiterate in the developed world or something. At least you’re here to raise the mean intelligence of all us plebs though.

Amazing that’s that’s what you read in to that when I was pointing out the failings of the education system through subsequent governmental failures, but you read that how you will it’s none of my concern.

Anyhows ‘the fact that you wouldn’t expect them to know fuck all’ is what you said, so why would they not know ‘fuck all’? 

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Amazing that’s that’s what you read in to that when I was pointing out the failings of the education system through subsequent governmental failures, but you read that how you will it’s none of my concern.

Anyhows ‘the fact that you wouldn’t expect them to know fuck all’ is what you said, so why would they not know ‘fuck all’? 

That “assumption” was based on the only fact the video presented, that the people asked actually did “know fuck all” about the political subject matter, so my conclusion on that wasn’t even based on assumption, but on the information presented. Your thoughts that they were Tory and blind to their misgivings as voters were based your assumptions in regards to their suggested place of residence.

Edit - just read my post back. I said they couldn’t give a fuck, not that they knew fuck all.

6 minutes ago, belarus said:

That “assumption” was based on the only fact the video presented, that the people asked actually did “know fuck all” about the political subject matter, so my conclusion on that wasn’t even based on assumption, but on the information presented. Your thoughts that they were Tory and blind to their misgivings as voters were based your assumptions in regards to their suggested place of residence.

I didn’t at any point assumed they were Tory, I only pointed out the nature of the constituency. 

A Tory ‘stronghold’ and the constituency of the prime minster and one which had significant efforts to unseat him, yet saw a vote share increase in the end. It’s pretty significant as it goes against general voting pattens in these types of area and it can’t fall back so much on the transient nature of much of London.

But, you know, let’s keep ignoring significant things, I’m sure hope, luck and supposition will see the worm turn...

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not that amazing when you look at what you wrote really mate...

Gove at his sophist best today ran with the line that Labour voted against the lobbying regulations, so if anything, they were to blame for the lax nature of them and made the ridiculous sound viable until you unpick it, which the majority of the UK can't as we have the lowest rate of literacy in the developed world...”

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I didn’t at any point assumed they were Tory, I only pointed out the nature of the constituency. 

A Tory ‘stronghold’ and the constituency of the prime minster and one which had significant efforts to unseat him, yet saw a vote share increase in the end. It’s pretty significant as it goes against general voting pattens in these types of area and it can’t fall back so much on the transient nature of much of London.

But, you know, let’s keep ignoring significant things, I’m sure hope, luck and supposition will see the worm turn...

So would that video work with the same assumption if it was filmed in Liverpool then?

1 minute ago, belarus said:

Not that amazing when you look at what you wrote really mate...

Gove at his sophist best today ran with the line that Labour voted against the lobbying regulations, so if anything, they were to blame for the lax nature of them and made the ridiculous sound viable until you unpick it, which the majority of the UK can't as we have the lowest rate of literacy in the developed world...”

Yes, he speaks in ways that are deliberately deceptive and the fact the general population have have lower literacy levels plays in to his hands, is that an argument too far? 

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Yes, he speaks in ways that are deliberately deceptive and the fact the general population have have lower literacy levels plays in to his hands, is that an argument too far? 

I’m not arguing against that, but more your point that the majority of the uk population probably don’t have the tools to work it out due to our low levels of literacy. Very backhanded dig at the education system, but obviously I wasn’t able to “unpick” it 

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Depends what the questions asked are, the same as anywhere really.

If that was filmed in Liverpool, it would be by a Tory biased influencer I would imagine, and it would be calling us out as thick scousers in a labour stronghold. 

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

I’m not arguing against that, but more your point that the majority of the uk population probably don’t have the tools to work it out due to our low levels of literacy. Very backhanded dig at the education system, but obviously I wasn’t able to “unpick” it 

Yes, I’m saying the horse is leading the cart and the decline in education standards is very knowing, as you will see from the posts that followed what you selected.

Im in no way saying people are thick, I’m saying there has been a very deliberate effort to keep them uninformed/misinformed, there’s a massive, massive difference.

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

If that was filmed in Liverpool, it would be by a Tory biased influencer I would imagine, and it would be calling us out as thick scousers in a labour stronghold. 

Again, assumption, does nobody any favours.

Edit: Anyway, I’m going about my evening, enjoy yours.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Haha - ok mate. Agreed.

No hard feelings this end anyway. Enjoyed the back and forth and hope I’ve not offended as I can come across sanctimonious at times on written arguments.

Have a good evening

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Anyway, Boris extends lead despite sleaze 

He hasn't done/said anything more outrageous than he has done in the past. The majority of people that voted for him will have expected this. it was factored in when voting for him. 

If the powers that be have decided he is no longer the one they want running the show they will have a very difficult job to get rid of him. I still think he won't go until he wants to go.

You know we're fucked when a bloke bragging about buying his own wallpaper is deemed desirable for the role of prime minister.

"Such selflessness from Sunak, I heard that he didn't even claim grout on his expenses either, that's the type of person you want leading this country. Eat out to help out? Never heard of it mate."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Edit: Anyway, I’m going about my evening, enjoy yours.

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Haha - ok mate. Agreed.

No hard feelings this end anyway. Enjoyed the back and forth and hope I’ve not offended as I can come across sanctimonious at times on written arguments.

Have a good evening

Hold on a fucking second. You don't get to just do the whole PR for the fight then call it off at the last second.

Someone call someone something or arrange a meet-up. It's The Liverpool Way Way.

Sarah Vine displaying her sense of proportion by saying Boris can’t be expected to live in a skip...

Although now you’ve opened that door, Sarah, I’m definitely on board with the idea of him living in a skip.