This is Layla Davis and she has been diagnosed as one of only 100 people in the world with 'Uncontrollable Hair Syndrome'.

uncombable hair syndrome uncontrollable spun glass hair layla davis toddler - Charlotte Davis / SWNS
© Charlotte Davis / SWNSuncombable hair syndrome uncontrollable spun glass hair layla davis toddler - Charlotte Davis / SWNS

The 17-month-old's blonde locks defy all attempts to comb them straight.

Uncontrollable Hair Syndrome develops in childhood, often between infancy and age three. It is a condition that is characterised by dry, frizzy hair that cannot be combed flat.

Children who develop it tend to have light-coloured hair - and there are only around 100 cases in the world.

The condition is also known as spun glass hair and usually improves over time – normally by adolescence.

Uncontrollable hair syndrome - Charlotte Davis / SWNS
© Provided by The TelegraphUncontrollable hair syndrome - Charlotte Davis / SWNS

Layla's mother, Charlotte, 28, from Great Blakenham, Suffolk, said: "She was fluffy from when she was about one and then after that it started growing more and more outwards.

''I think I was in denial and kept saying it was going to go flat.

"I really proud to get the diagnosis because it's so rare, part of the reason I delayed getting her tested for it is because there's only one hundred people with it in the world - the chances of having it are so slim."