You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

Sam Coates Sky:

"Government sources saying Johnson tried to offer up Priti Patel as a sacrificial lamb following the poorly received new Rwanda policy.

The home secretary was summoned to number 10 last Thursday for a crunch meeting but was found to be holding a thermal detonator.

A senior conservative source said: "this home secretary is my kind of scum. Fearless and inventive."

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Came out and said he wants to serve three terms. Wouldn't put it past him,

Matt Goodwin only posts polls when they show the Tories winning or close to Labour. Reminds me of someone on here.  Here's three more polls from this week that he didn't bother with:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I honestly don't know how conservatism can survive on either side of the Atlantic, I know we all exist in echo chambers but this generation of young people seem almost universally liberal.

Older people living longer and are generally more right wing. Plus the right control most of the media?  I don't know tbh but they seem to hang on to power for grim death.

12 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Matt Goodwin only posts polls when they show the Tories winning or close to Labour. Reminds me of someone on here.  Here's three more polls from this week that he didn't bother with:

To be honest considering the backdrop of tory scandal and sleaze those polls are fairly underwhelming for Labour imo.

44 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I honestly don't know how conservatism can survive on either side of the Atlantic, I know we all exist in echo chambers but this generation of young people seem almost universally liberal.

41 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Older people living longer and are generally more right wing. Plus the right control most of the media?  I don't know tbh but they seem to hang on to power for grim death.

What will this generation have to conserve? Their tiktok accounts? 

32 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I think you need to get away from the idea that unless Labour are posting 20 point leads then they're failing. 

I think the old 'should be 20 points ahead' was unrealistic and was more of a throwaway remark anyway, i think it was Blair (not sure though) and i think people made and make to much of it tbh. No under the current backdrop I'd hope for a consistent double figure poll lead, but maybe im asking to much or maybe I'm being unreasonable.

Although Labour won Wakefield with a big swing aided by tactical voting, the drop in the amount of people who actually voted Labour, I believe it was down 4000 and the Tories still polling a solid 30% also gives cause for concern.

The Tories are still a shade of odds on to win most seats at the next election which seems bizarre considering the circumstances. 

40 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Although Labour won Wakefield with a big swing aided by tactical voting, the drop in the amount of people who actually voted Labour, I believe it was down 4000 and the

It was a by-election, the turnout was always going to be dramatically lower than a general election. There was around 20k fewer voters, so dropping actual numbers of votes is all but guaranteed. Tactical voting isn’t even worth mentioning either, LD only dropped a couple of percent and around 1000 votes. This was a huge Labour win, and anybody thinking this is as concerning is either making it up or doesn’t work understand how elections work.0 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It was a by-election, the turnout was always going to be dramatically lower than a general election. There was around 20k fewer voters, so dropping actual numbers of votes is all but guaranteed. Tactical voting isn’t even worth mentioning either, LD only dropped a couple of percent and around 1000 votes. This was a huge Labour win, and anybody thinking this is as concerning is either making it up or doesn’t work understand how elections work.0 

It was indeed a Labour win as it should have been considering it was fought against a backdrop of tory sleaze where the previous tory mp was thrown into jail for the sexuall assault of a minor.

40 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It was indeed a Labour win as it should have been considering it was fought against a backdrop of tory sleaze where the previous tory mp was thrown into jail for the sexuall assault of a minor.

Right. So, it seems like you’re trying your best to somehow lessen or discredit the victory. First off that it was concerning that they had fewer votes, which is ridiculous considering by-elections have dramatically fewer people voting in them, then you spoke about tactical voting but it’s not really that because it’s only two percent difference between their results, and now it’s because of Tory sleaze, except they still got 30% of the vote. Maybe it’s also because Labour did a good job. 

Seems to me it’s because you said the other day they’re heading for defeat, but now there’s positive signs you’re cherry picking polls that show Labour in the worst light and trying to give an alternative reason - any reason anybody will swallow - to discredit good by-election results. You’re often talking about people boxing themselves into corners. Are you sure you’re not just suffering from confirmatory bias? 

12 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Well that clears that one up then.

IMG-20220626-WA0006.jpg

That's a lie straight off the bat.

Apparently there have been more letters that are votes of no confidence since his claim he'll run for three terms. Allegedly some are from Tories that previously voted confidence in him.

He's also planning on bringing Zelensky to the UK as part of his plans to win votes. He's truly beyond scum.

Thick as mince now saying DePfefell should be allowed to stay on for a year to prevent a paralysis of government. Still wants him out but should be left to burn the country down for a year whilst the Party tries to sort it's shit out.

What a bunch of cunts.