You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

31 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Johnson’s love child throws himself under a bus for Big Dog.

It's a shame that no confidence vote wasn't next week. I believe the only way Johnson goes is if he resigns or the Tories change their own rules to force another vote. I don't know but im guessing both are unlikely.

That result in Wakefield is disturbing though. 30% of the electorate still voting Tory. Honestly what the fuck is wrong with people? What do they have to do for people to turn their backs on them. 

I don't know the Wakefield area, is this 30% likely to be brexit dickheads or are they traditional tories? I find it interesting the traditional Tories in Tiverton have fucked him right off, yet there would feel the cult while not completely with him, there's plenty hanging on in Wakefield. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That result in Wakefield is disturbing though. 30% of the electorate still voting Tory. Honestly what the fuck is wrong with people? What do they have to do for people to turn their backs on them. 

I don't know the Wakefield area, is this 30% likely to be brexit dickheads or are they traditional tories? I find it interesting the traditional Tories in Tiverton have fucked him right off, yet there would feel the cult while not completely with him, there's plenty hanging on in Wakefield. 

Also should be noted that third place, with 8%, was a Tory councillor who resigned as part of the revelations.

So there's a lot to dig in to.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Bit of both really. I live here, though my boundary is Hemsworth.

There was a 39% turnout so you’d argue slightly apathetic at the ballot box, but I’d argue that most of that 30% are definitely the knuckle draggers who think that brexit has served them well and Boris is doing his best.

9 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Bit of both really. I live here, though my boundary is Hemsworth.

There was a 39% turnout so you’d argue slightly apathetic at the ballot box, but I’d argue that most of that 30% are definitely the knuckle draggers who think that brexit has served them well and Boris is doing his best.

So they're people who would previously been labour voters in the main? I just don't understand it. Fucking serfs the lot of them. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Wow. So it might have been really close otherwise. Fuck me. 

Still a very good initial result for labour and is full of positives, though turnout being so low doesn't really allow proper inspection as you'll never know if this was protest, change of direction, or just the diehards coming out.

Shame it wasn't more conclusive, by I'm smiling today and I will raise a glass or two tonight to Alex's slow and painful demise.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Still a very good initial result for labour and is full of positives, though turnout being so low doesn't really allow proper inspection as you'll never know if this was protest, change of direction, or just the diehards coming out.

Shame it wasn't more conclusive, by I'm smiling today and I will raise a glass or two tonight to Alex's slow and painful demise.

Yeah, obviously it's good and a 12% swing across the country would be damaging and that's before we talk about Tiverton. I'm just astonished just how many people are sticking with him though. If turnout was higher and they had a different leader, could they get those votes back?

13 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Also should be noted that third place, with 8%, was a Tory councillor who resigned as part of the revelations.

So there's a lot to dig in to.

Also, spare a thought for Jayda Fransen, who finished bottom of a pile of mostly shit, with 23 votes.

At this stage I don't Get the constant oust Johnson out calls by the opposition . I am no strategist  but surely him hanging on with past revelations and future gaffs is the best option . Yeah they fear his vote winning capability at a GE but the man is  toxic in enough of the electorates minds now. Had his cult following but he damaged goods no coming back from this. For me best to let him stay 100% there  will be more sleeve and corruption 

15 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

At this stage I don't Get the constant oust Johnson out calls by the opposition . I am no strategist  but surely him hanging on with past revelations and future gaffs is the best option . Yeah they fear his vote winning capability at a GE but the man is  toxic in enough of the electorates minds now. Had his cult following but he damaged goods no coming back from this. For me best to let him stay 100% there  will be more sleeve and corruption 

He is ruining the country in many physical, moral and ideological ways, implementing policies which are designed by purpose to hurt as many as people as possible, barring his friends, sponsors and donors. He has no plan beyond save his own hide, he lies, he cheats, he takes bungs, he elevates people beyond their ability for fear and favour, he has tanked the economy, overseen one of the worst death rates in the world and laughed about it while he enriched his friends. Scandal after scandal, controversy after controversy and on and on and fucking on, it's all bad, there are no upsides.

He is an absoulte disater and moral vacuum and every second he is in power is seeing Britain dimished further and further.

He must go as soon as possible as nothing, absolutely nothing, is as bad as this fucking charaltan.

Ideally we'd watch him limp on, but at what cost?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

I think at this point though and the Tories are stuck with him unless they change their rules, calls for him to go just further damage him. They can't get rid. I've thought for a while because his number 1 objective is to save himself, he would be prepared to call a GE in order to stave off back bench pressure to resign (although I don't know when he'd fit that in). His view being he'd get a new mandate off the nation. You would hope that would wipe him out. 

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He is ruyining the country on many physical and ideological ways, implementing policies whhich are by purpose to hurt as many as people as possible, he has no plan beyond save his own hide, he lies, he cheats, he takes bungs, he elevates people beyond their ability for fear and favour, he has tanked the economy, overseen one of the worst deathrates in the world and laughed about it while he enriched his friends. Scandal after scandal, controversy after controversy and on and on and fucking on, it's all bad there are no upsides.

He is an absoulte disater and moral vacuum and every second he is in power is seeing Britain dimished further and further, he must go as soon as possible as nothing, absolutely nothing is as bad as this fucking charaltan.

Yeah, and all that stuff too, haha. 

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

don't know the Wakefield area, is this 30% likely to be brexit dickheads or are they traditional tories? 

I’ll echo what @dandyman said earlier in the thread. 

There are some parts of Wakefield where the Conservatives have always done ok, even when the seat was firmly red.

The BBC are reporting from Ossett this morning (in fact Starmer has just spoken from there) which has always been a place where there have been plenty of blue votes. 

I’d say a healthy proportion of that 30% are the Brexit voting, Boris supporting types. Of course they’re not all racist, morons, however….

• Upvote 1