You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

I hope he survives, none of the alternatives are better. Keep the entitled fuckwits in power as they are, the last thing we want is them turning the page to a new leader and selling a new government. It's a trick they've pulled on countless occasions. This has cut through, they are tainted with corruption and incompetence much as the major government was in the 90's. Boris doesn't learn his lessons so it'll just be one thing after another even if he gets past partygate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Denny Crane said:

Power in action. I mean anyone would think there isn't a long list of cover ups involving the police and government regardless of Tory or Labour in charge. Nothing new to see here sadly. 

Sad but true. Like with Trump, Johnson didn't create all this stuff he just laid it bare. It's like when someone asked Trump if he'd censure Saudi for chopping that bloke up with meat cleavers and he said 'no,  they make us a lot of money'. It's what Obama, Clinton, Bush would have thought but not said out loud. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clangers said:

I hope he survives, none of the alternatives are better. Keep the entitled fuckwits in power as they are, the last thing we want is them turning the page to a new leader and selling a new government. It's a trick they've pulled on countless occasions. This has cut through, they are tainted with corruption and incompetence much as the major government was in the 90's. Boris doesn't learn his lessons so it'll just be one thing after another even if he gets past partygate.

Dragging this out is manna from heaven for Keir Starmer. The contrast between his fundamental decency and Johnson's lack thereof simply cannot be handwaved away anymore by the monstrous regiments of Toryism. 

• Upvote 1

This is an interesting take.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2022/01/28/why-on-earth-would-the-metropolitan-police-ask-sue-gray-to-redact-key-parts-of-her-independent-report/

Essentially why would the Met hand over details to those being investigated and allow them to formulate excuses/create alibis etc.

Solid line of reasoning and infers that bigger things are being investigated.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats not a "created" thing by them. Although I'm sure it's a god send. Just like a few other recent events. 

I think it helps him massively to hype up what’s happening. Only last night on question time, somebody was saying this is all a distraction when we are on the verge of war. Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think it helps him massively to hype up what’s happening. Only last night on question time, somebody was saying this is all a distraction when we are on the verge of war. Thanks 

I'm not saying it's not a distraction you fucking teapot. I'm saying they will throw their own 'created' ones in. Dyakuyu. 

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is an interesting take.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2022/01/28/why-on-earth-would-the-metropolitan-police-ask-sue-gray-to-redact-key-parts-of-her-independent-report/

Essentially why would the Met hand over details to those being investigated and allow them to formulate excuses/create alibis etc.

Solid line of reasoning and infers that bigger things are being investigated.

Wrong.